• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

franconp

Eh, looking back at some of Ty4on's posts I'm starting to doubt he investigated Style. He warms us to Style as a townie. Initially he voted for PK Gaming. Could he have investigated Sorian? Sure, but reading back through his posts he believes they're town, and I wouldn't think he would waste a night investigating him.

His reads lists are found here. His "Lean Scum" members are Flatearthpanda, StarSketch and PK Gaming.

Please reread Ty role post. He should have investigated a townie.

Natiko

Banned
Finally home and done cleaning up the place.
I was working on a massive read on everybody (going in alphabetical order) that also included who each person either named as suspicious and who they called town or scum (including all lynch votes). I only got to Sorian when GAF crashed and when I came back to look of GAF was restored, I saw what had happened in the night.

Natiko (24 posts thru day one--post 988)

-Claims to be new, but says "seems like the start of the game is always the hardest part" at post 78. How would you have an opinion like that if you've never played before? Of course, there's the possibility that he's played online mafia elsewhere...until you consider his post at 89 where he sounds as if he has no clue that scum communicate via their own private chat. Still, it's possible he's played mafia in real life. Does say at 185 that he's read thru one and a half gafia games, which does alleviate some of my doubt.
-Suggests he's going to wait a while and then "throw a vote" on someone who's "noticeably late in joining in" (83)
-Possible deflection of suspicion against scum teammates by saying "I'd be surprised if at least one of the people suddenly being aggressive aren't scum." An odd thing to point out in an otherwise empty post unless you're trying to help a scummate who's being aggressive. (454)
-Says if PK Gaming isn't scum, FluxWaveZ is (789)
-At 789, picks Zippedpinhead as scum for inactivity and only giving a single RNG vote early on. Not long after (post 816) Zippedpinhead votes to lynch Natiko. Makes me think Zippedpinhead is scum and pushes Natiko to town for me, for now.
-At 844, wonders if Vanguard is actually scum because of how hard he pushed against Style, then suddenly backing off when he caught flak for it.

-Leaning town. Not super active, but good reads I mostly agree with.

-Lynch votes: Kerned (208), PK Gaming (789)
Really thorough work you've done here. Saves me some time too in hunting down specific instances for a few people. Just to clarify, I knew that scum had a chat from reading through the HP game and half of the volcano afterlife one. What I did not know was when they gain access to it. I just assumed it was at game start but Sorian informed me I was wrong. My impression that the first day is hardest came from those two games because it seemed like a lot of grasping at straws for the most part.

Eh, looking back at some of Ty4on's posts I'm starting to doubt he investigated Style. He warms us to Style as a townie. Initially he voted for PK Gaming. Could he have investigated Sorian? Sure, but reading back through his posts he believes they're town, and I wouldn't think he would waste a night investigating him.

His reads lists are found here. His "Lean Scum" members are Flatearthpanda, StarSketch and PK Gaming.
Wouldn't it make more sense that he would investigate someone neutral or leaning town? Unless he decided to take a big gamble on night one I would think he would look at someone he thought may be cleared of suspicion, not someone likely to get him killed. Especially when we would have no record of who he investigated.

Banned
Yeah you guys are right, he would have investigated who he would have thought was Town. My bad.

That's unlikely sorian was town, ty died cause he investigated a scum, the only way i could see that happening is if style killed sorian and ty got NK'd.
That was a typo on my part, I mean Style.

Vanguard: Scum (and Sorian agreed)

Care to elaborate. even if sorian 100% thought i was scum that wouldn't make it true, he didn't have powers to check me up, therefore making his allegations baseless(which were mostly about me RNG voting anyways, nothing really damning in my eyes).

Care to elaborate. even if sorian 100% thought i was scum that wouldn't make it true, he didn't have powers to check me up, therefore making his allegations baseless(which were mostly about me RNG voting anyways, nothing really damning in my eyes).

It carries weight to me because we know Sorian was town, and we know he had some damn good reads (which makes sense since he has a reputation as a fantastic player).

He had you read as scum from the start, and gave some insights as to why. Also, at post 592, TheExodu5 says that he thinks Sorian is grasping at straws by voting to lynch him (which makes sense. He's trying to save his own skin).

But then he goes out of his way to say that Sorian also grasped at straws when voting to lynch you. He had no reason to say that, and nothing to back it up with. Just a comment thrown to the wind that means nothing--until you discover that TheExodu5 was scum. Then it makes you wonder why he decided to name drop you like that.

I mean, maybe it means nothing. But I doubt it.

For the record, TheExodu5's full quote on the issue is:

"Maybe I'm just not happy about being suspected, but I don't like how Sorian made a big deal about my misuse of the term "bus." Grasping at straws, which is also how he came up with a vote against Vanguard."

Grasping at straws, which is also how he came up with a vote against Vanguard.

Such a strange sentence.

It carries weight to me because we know Sorian was town, and we know he had some damn good reads (which makes sense since he has a reputation as a fantastic player).

He had you read as scum from the start, and gave some insights as to why. Also, at post 592, TheExodu5 says that he thinks Sorian is grasping at straws by voting to lynch him (which makes sense. He's trying to save his own skin).

But then he goes out of his way to say that Sorian also grasped at straws when voting to lynch you. He had no reason to say that, and nothing to back it up with. Just a comment thrown to the wind that means nothing--until you discover that TheExodu5 was scum. Then it makes you wonder why he decided to name drop you like that.

I mean, maybe it means nothing. But I doubt it.
i stand by that sorian had nothing to go on me it doesn't matter if he was town or not his read was just gut feeling.
and about TheExodu5 defending me assuming that we were on the same team there was no need for him to do that i wasn't under heavy suspicion only people that were really on me were style and sorian which presented next to no threat.
i suspect he defended me to try and gain my trust which worked to a small extent, not that it matter much now.

Guys, Sorian is no god, and he was making day 1 reads.

Don't treat him like a god just because scum decided that they would prefer not having to read a million and one spam posts every time they entered the thread XD

In any case, I'm back to my computer, will go through my notes in a post soon

i stand by that sorian had nothing to go on me it doesn't matter if he was town or not his read was just gut feeling.
and about TheExodu5 defending me assuming that we were on the same team there was no need for him to do that i wasn't under heavy suspicion only people that were really on me were style and sorian which presented next to no threat.
i suspect he defended me to try and gain my trust which worked to a small extent, not that it matter much now.

I'm not saying he did it to draw heat away from you. I think he slipped up and name dropped a friend.

Like when he slipped up and used the term "bus."

PK Gaming

Rin_ante_la_tumba_de_Shiro.png

Sorian. You were one of the few users who genuinely believed me early on, and that faith genuinely gave me the determination to keep fighting instead of resigning myself to a lynch (i'm dead serious btw).

We'll find the bastards who did this to you. I swear to God, their ass is grass.

Rin_ante_la_tumba_de_Shiro.png

Sorian. You were one of the few users who genuinely believed me early on, and that faith genuinely gave me the determination to keep fighting instead of resigning myself to a lynch (i'm dead serious btw).

We'll find the bastards who did this to you. I swear to God, their ass is grass.

Well we know one: Style. We know he's either scum or he's town/neutral who admitted to voting to kill Sorian to save himself.

For the record, PK, I voted to lynch you day one, but after going thru everything during the night phase, I believe I was wrong.

You and FEP are my strongest town reads (I mistakenly said "leaning town" for FEP above). You because you wanted to lynch Style, which got Expdu5 calling you suspicious (and because many of your reads martched mine), and him because he was the first to vote to lynch TheExodu5 and got the ball rolling.

PK Gaming

I made some embarrassingly bad plays early on but I think I started doing okay towards the end. I honestly can't keep playing the newbie card forever.

The game's really starting now (and this totally reminds me of DR2's first case, lol).

I made some embarrassingly bad plays early on but I think I started doing okay towards the end. I honestly can't keep playing the newbie card forever.

The game's really starting now (and this totally reminds me of DR2's first case, lol).

How did you not join us in season 3?

You would've enjoyed the danganronpa game....

Alright, so, going through yesterday, there were a few connections to TheExodu5 that I wanted to clear up

I decided I wanted to look into:
1) Style
2) PK Gaming
3) Verelios
4) Starsketch

Jy6wO3D.png

The first person I looked really into was PK Gaming. To PK's credit, he was the 4th vote on TheExodu5, which makes a strong case for his towniness. The main thing I wanted to know is why TheExodu5 had decided to vote for exmachina64 instead of PK Gaming.

At the time TheExodu5 voted for exmachina64 (Post 819), Plop, exmachina64, and natiko were all voting for PK Gaming. Ty4on had just unvoted PK with this post

UNVOTE

Exodus posting a fair amount of fluff "we should do X" "we'll probably hit town". Nothing wrong with it in a vacuum, but I post a lot of that as scum because it's easy and makes me feel like contributing town. Not sure enough to vote tho...

which TheExodu5 had definitely seen because he specifically quoted it. TheExodu5 then posts this

I called him out on it earlier, and I should have stuck with my gut in the first place. Exmachina had had a few strikes: he panicked and flip flopped early game when he had a bit of pressure on him. Almost immediately afterwards, he soft claimed regular townie to regain trust. I don't know why I let this slide. I don't know why most others didn't seem to pick up on it, as FEP pointed out. I think we hit exmachina, he flips scum, and then we take a hard look at those who let his play slide.

Vote: exmachina64

The following was TheExodu5's read list (Page 12)

My scum list, in order of gut read:

FEP/franco - I mostly suspect FEP due to him posting a whole lot of nothing, and pretending to contribute by asking us for specific reads. But his own reads are just regurgitations of the same reads everyone has done on Style/PK. Now, I suspect franco for one reason: his confrontation with FEP. They just kind of targetted each other from day 1, then confronted, and then just let the confrontation die. It really seemed like it was for show more than anything.

StarSketch - just been "checking-in" and not really providing any original thought whatsoever...could be a lack of commitment but she seems to imply she's experienced at the game. I think she might trying to avoid being the subject of discussion.

Style - I'm really not quite sure what to think. I don't think his original vote to follow Sorian was a big deal...very common for new players to jump on board with more experienced players. But his play style then has just been weird.

Sorian TOWN - Maybe I'm just not happy about being suspected, but I don't like how Sorian made a big deal about my misuse of the term "bus". Grasping at straws, which is also how he came up with a vote against Vanguard.

-----------------

Inactives who could easily be scum but we have absolutely no reads on:

Rats

-------------------

Townies:

Flux, Verelios, Ty4onTOWN.

-------------------

Neutral:

PK has been a target for all the wrong reasons. But he reminds me a lot of Gorlak who was a neutral in HP Mafia. Opinionated, confrontational. Plays like someone who is trying to make the game interesting.

Don't really have any strong feelings about anyone else.

Going off this reads list alone, it seems to clear StarSketch as an example of an inactive TheExodu5 might have hoped to get lynched for a safe reason (pay attention to which inactives players "happen" to go after and which ones they don't do so to).

The Verelios town read, on its own, reads either like a pocketing attempt or trying to sneak one scum teammate as town

The PK Gaming post was the most disturbing for me, in that it's that exact type of "let me note down a current topic of discussion that's my teammate so I'm not ignoring them but I don't want to actually say anything too strongly against them" sort of play that raises alarms.

Tbf, at this point, far before his vote, TheExodu5 has already clashed with exmachina64 multiple times.

Going back earlier:

Is there any chance playing the death Arcanum would be considered a command of some kind? Or do all commands need to be highlighted?

I'm not feeling Style at this point. It's pretty typical for a new player and especially a townie to be indecisive and flip votes a lot in my experience. I don't get a particularly scummy read.

PK Gaming seems a bit more suspect in my eyes. Style seems like the easy vote and it seems overly bandwagonny at this point. Possibly scummy and trying to take attention off of fellow scummates.

I agree.

Vote: PKGaming

I'm inclined to give PK a pass. It was bandwagonny, but I'm not sure it was a scummy vote.

Style...you said Rynam and Rats posted in the last page with reads. I'm not seeing it.

I think Rynam is still suspect #1 for me. He's given himself away easily in past games and he's maintaining his silence this time around... and yet we've still ignored him completely.

Vote: Rynam

If there was anything close to a Style defense pre-reveal, it was this. It again implicates Style, hurts him even more.

PK is again mixed for me, if Style is also scum he's clearly diverting attention away, but decides he doesn't have a strong enough case here. Style being scum would really strongly clear PK for me, as a result.

Ultimately though, I'm pretty sure I trust PK to be town, especially because of this:

There's pretty much no way I'll be able to post my full reads list in time (I'm going to crash, and when I take a nap i'm playing the hell out of Pokemon) but I don't see a problem with posting one section of my reads list + my vote.

18 TheExodu5: I've gotta say, you played an incredibly solid early game. You were active, your logic was sound and you really did give off the "helpful townie" vibe. But nobody can keep up a lie forever and you've been clearly slipping since then. Your recent play has been incredibly scummy, and you overtly tried to save yourself by voting on exmachina64 using some seriously weak ass justification. It's so unlike your earlier posting style which was more reasoned and less nebulous. And you even tried to manipulate us into doing what you want. "I think we hit exmachina?" No, you don't get to tell us what to do. But let me tell what i'm going to do.

VOTE: TheExodu5

phoenix-pointing(a).gif

DAMN does it feel good to go on the offensive.

It's a pretty strong post against theExodu5, ties him up in votes with exmachina64, and seems pretty crucial.

THUS, barring this post

I'm giving Style the benefit of the doubt for now with his power role claim and PK Gaming hasn't been around enough for me to strongly suspect him currently. Vanguard, Hyperactive and Exodu5 are my current suspects. In particular, I think Hyperactive and Exodu5 are working together.

being some sort of evidence of exmachina64 being PK Gaming's scum teammate that's wary of voting for them, and therefore TheExodu5 voted for exmachina64 over PK Gaming because he thought one would be safer for the future then the other,

I think it's safe to call PK Gaming and exmachina64 cleared, and starsketch possibly cleared. Style is made to look more suspect

Against my conscience, I'd vote TheExodus as I'm more wary of the people trying to lynch Exmachina

Verelios said this in regards to the vote

You guys are jerks

Vote:TheExodu5

To his credit, he voted for scum, and I can't necessarily discount its timing because at most Flux voted at 2:59 and he and 3:00

That being said, it's entirely possible he saw Flux's vote, and decided not to end up looking like he didn't want scum lynched.

In total, when it comes to noted interactions between the two, Verelios was hesitant to vote for TheExodu5 but also, if he IS scum, hesitant to save him (despite the fact that at that point I was planning to use my vote as a tie-breaker and likely would've only voted TheExodu5 had Flux tied it up again). TheExodu5 town read Verelios, but that could just as well be a pocket attempt (gain the trust of a townie).

So, barring an exmachina64 + TheExodu5 team, I'm going to town read Verelios

In addition, from the vote, I'm going to town read Flux, as he took the deciding vote against theExodu5. Again, on the condition that exmachina64 isn't scum, but I doubt it

Verelios

How is SS possibly cleared? If I was scum and a scum mate was brought up on inactivity then I'd comment on it too, so I appeared town.

Natiko

Banned
So let’s take a look at what could have gotten Ty4on killed. He likely would have investigated someone he didn't suspect of being scum due to the risk of being killed. That's something you would only expect him to do after a role reveal when he would know his death is imminent regardless. This leaves us with the following two lists (edited slightly to remove the dead):

FIRST

Leaning Town
Matt Attack
Nakito
Style
exmachina64
Verelios

Null
BlackBuzzard
Vanguard
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead

SECOND

Somewhat town
Nakito
exmachina64
Verelios

Less town
Matt Attack
Style
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead
FluxWaveZ

Null
BlackBuzzard
Vanguard
Hyperactivity

As we can see from the lists, two people were upgraded from null to less town – WhereAreMahDragonz and Zippedpinhead. I could be overthinking it but to me this would make them more likely to be investigated by him. His opinion of them was on the rise, but he wasn’t completely certain. Something to keep in mind.

One of Ty4on's last posts was directed towards Sorian asking who he thought a town flip would be useful on and he named Vanguard and franconp here.

Now after this post we learned that Exodu5 was scum (one of the people Sorian was tying to Vanguard). Would Ty4on have investigated Vanguard after this connection was pointed out to him? I'm inclined to say no. This does not clear Vanguard, but I don't think he is to blame for Ty4on's death. He had also already listed franconp as a strong town read, so I doubt he would go that route.

Here he states that the Exodu5 lynch will give a better idea of Sorian, PK, exmachina and Style. He specifically states this will clear Sorian in his mind so we can exclude him (though we know he is town and dead so safe to say this wasn’t the route he went). We already know he strongly suspected PK Gaming. This leaves exmachina and Style. He most likely would have stayed away from Style due to all the fuckery at the day end. With the fight between exmachina64 and exodu5 I suspect he would not have wanted to spend it on exmachina64 who was already a step higher in his rankings at this point.

Now I know he didn’t investigate me, so between that and exmachina64 being unlikely I doubt he would pick the only other person in the somewhat town list so that clears Verelios in all likelihood.

I frankly believe he would have likely investigated someone remaining from the Less Town list which then are a lot of danger in investigating Hyper or BB who have been linked together already. Exodu5 gave a full town read to 11037 as well so I doubt he is scum as that might be too on the nose.

This leaves us with:
Less town
Matt Attack
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead
FluxWaveZ

Now here is what TheExodu5 had to say on our remaining players.
Flux - seemed like a strong contributor early on but he's been far more indecisive ever since PK fought him off. Makes it seem like he tried to get PK lynched and has layed low ever since it failed. Slight scum.

WAMD - really hasn't said much. A lot quieter than in past games from recollection. Seems to be be active and posting about minor things, but avoids giving any strong opinions. Slight scum.

Matt Attack - doesn't post a lot but has been a really strong poster regardless. Seems a lot more confident than in past games...Definitely a shift from his usual town play. Hard to tell if it's because he's more experienced than when I last played with him, or if he's more confident as scum. I'd still lean town. Slight town.

Zipped - as I reach the end of my reads list, I can't even be arsed to find Zipped's posts. I'll guess he's non commited like the others who were replaced. Null.
I believe one of these four is the reason Ty4on is dead. At least one of these is scum (I think only one). Why? Well let’s get to that..

There has been a fair amount of suspicion lobbied at Vanguard, Style, BlackBuzzard, and Hyper as well. Here are thoughts on them from Exodu5:
BlackBuzzard - kind of seems to go with the flow. Might be newbie play and a lack of confidence. Might be scummy. The main thing that makes me lean scum is that he only really seems to post when prodded. Slight scum.

Vanguard - I don't feel the RNG was all that scummy and I believe he was inactive due to outside factors. The fact that he latched onto my exmachina vote without any reasoning of his own was a bit weird. But really I consider it a gut read and I don't think we give enough credence to gut reads. Slight town.

Hyper - doesn't take shit from anyone. Playing far more chaotic than he did in HP GAF. That makes me want to lean town or Neutral.

Style - I still don't have a read on Style. His early shenanigans seemed like newbie play. He's now done an about face which had resulted in him becoming nothing more than a jester at times. Gave away his role way too early....a newbie play but doesn't imply either scum or town. In the end, it doesn't really matter. He either doesn't make it through the night or likely gets lynched in the coming days if he doesn't protect anyone.
Where does this all lead us?
My final conclusion is one of these three is scum – Matt Attack, Zippedpinhead, or WhereAreMahDragonz. I don’t think Flux is scum at this point because his wishy washy attitude at the day end would have been a big give away if he was.
I also believe the following are scum:
BlackBuzzard. This one is obvious and a lot of people have suspected him throughout.
Vanguard – Again, another person with a lot of suspicion levied their way. Sorian also suspected him.
HyperActivity – He helped lynch TheExodu5 but at the same time has defended BB and Vanguard. Perhaps as someone with a good amount of experience he directed our best town player to be killed and is now hoping to steer our discussion and serve as the “best town” all while being scum and defending his teammates. Maybe I'm off on this but his repeated defense of people that look increasingly scummy is very suspect.

I don’t think Style is actually scum at this point. I think he’s just an excessively stupid town or even a neutral. Should probably be lynched regardless just to be safe. RIP Sorian.

You'll notice if you reference Exodu5's thoughts above that the list I came up with all got varied reads from him, something I imagine scum would do when giving a fake reads list. You wouldn't want to clump all your teammates in as the same read.

Hopefully this wasn’t too rambly. Just wanted to get my thoughts out there.

TLDR;

Scum
HyperActivity
BlackBuzzard
II-Vanguard-II

One is Scum and Killed Ty4on
Matt Attack
Zippedpinhead
WhereAreMahDragonz

Not Sure but Failed Us So Fuck ‘Em
Style

End of day 1 vote count:

exmachina64 (5)
(920)
theexodu5 819
starsketch 858
(868)
ii-vanguard-ii 868
franconp 919
(931)
style 930

style (1)
blackbuzzard 535

ii-vanguard-ii (1)

matt attack 802

starsketch (1)
verelios 207

blackbuzzard (1)
wherearemahdragonz 846

pk gaming (2)
plop 439
natiko 789

natiko (1)
zippedpinhead 816

These players, plus 11037, did not vote for TheExodu5.

While bussing is very much a thing, 2 of the players who voted for TheExodu5 are dead, 1, 2, or 3 (Flux, Hyper, verelios???) voted to have TheExodu5 lynched when it came down to it, FEP was the first one to vote for him (long con, I could see this as suspicious), exmachina was voting for self-preservation, and PK Gaming voted to tie the vote up.

I wouldn't actually be too surprised if everyone in that list is town, although I can see reasonable doubt being thrown towards some of us, the fact of the matter is, scum had a choice between thinning one crowd or the other down, and they clearly chose to thin the crowd that voted for TheExodu5. If someone was bussing in this group, their days should hopefully be limited.

exmachina64's voters:
1) TheExodu5 - self-explanatory
2) starsketch - based on previous theexodu5 read, and the post where she voted, along with the context that she seemed mostly disconnected from the thread, I'm still town-reading her.

3) il-vanguard-il - made into a suspect by vote
4) franconp - made into a suspect by vote, was already personally scum reading
5) Style - made into more of a suspect by vote, was already a MAJOR suspect, also had TheExodu5 seemingly defend him and make a wishywashy scum read of him

Style probably is scum. Probably. It's totally possible that Ty4on scanned someone else and hit scum but we have no way of knowing.

I know when I had a similar role in Price is Right, I checked the people I was suspicious of and hoped my team would get the message when I died.
they didn't

How is SS possibly cleared? If I was scum and a scum mate was brought up on inactivity then I'd comment on it too, so I appeared town.

Well for one, I just generally get a town read from SS, I think PK described the reason why well earlier

The other thing to note is that there are going to be multiple inactives that are and aren't going to be brought up throughout the game. My summarized version of why I thought TheExodu5 felt scummy was that it was similar to what I described when I originally voted for exmachina64: it felt like TheExodu5 was looking for a suitable candidate and reason to vote for someone.

In his read of SS, you could copy and paste that with a few changes to make ANY inactive look like scum, and by bringing SS specifically up he brings her to the forefront of attention. I've seen inactives get away and skirt by posting much and inactives become the center of a lynching discussion, and it typically depends on if their name is brought up enough times or not. His read feels less like an analysis of her behavior so much as:

"Ok, SS is an inactive, probably safe to scum read as others are doing it, now let me make her sound more scummy than she actually is, exaggerate my posts, etc."

He's more crafting a narrative for a possible vote on SS, and that definitely doesn't feel like something one scum buddy would do to another,

I'm just gonna say, outside of character for a second:

A scum Hyper going for a Sorian N1 kill would be so characteristic of me it would be funny XD hahahaha

I've only done that in every game Sorian and I were in together as scum (Election, Final Fantasy)

HyperActivity – He helped lynch TheExodu5 but at the same time has defended BB and Vanguard. Perhaps as someone with a good amount of experience he directed our best town player to be killed and is now hoping to steer our discussion and serve as the “best town” all while being scum and defending his teammates. Maybe I'm off on this but his repeated defense of people that look increasingly scummy is very suspect.

Very good read.

I'd like to mention I've been having similar thoughts about Hyperactivity since day two started. Steering narrative and being so quick to let Style try to explain his actions. Just smells funny.

Alrighty then, updated reads list (sorta ordered top to bottom but sometimes equal too):

Pretty sure are town
Hyperactivity (I think???)
exmachina64
PK Gaming
Verelios
FluxwaveZ
plop

Sorian
Ty4on

Townie vibes
Starsketch
Blackbuzzard
Natiko

Null
WAMD
Matt Attack
Zippedpinhead

Slight scummy vibes
il-vanguard-il
11037 (?? - definitely need to double check this one)

BAD scummy vibes
Style
franconp

I feel decently confident in this list, so it looks like I'll be looking at franconp and il-vanguard-il next

To clarify my above post: By "letting Style explain his actions," I guess I more meant kind of hand waving away what happened with a "we're probably going to have to lynch you" before just moving on to name other possible scum suspects.

Very good read.

I'd like to mention I've been having similar thoughts about Hyperactivity since day two started. Steering narrative and being so quick to let Style try to explain his actions. Just smells funny.

Hahahahahahaha like I'm not going to somehow vote Style hahahahaha

Get out of here, the Style lynch is so obvious and mandatory at this point that I get no reads out of it one way or the other, I just want time to post my thoughts and work things out cause I think I might get NK'ed relatively early on.

Don't remember defending vanguard.

DO remember defending BB, but you're going to have to make your case for why BB is scummy again, thank you very much. (And sorry to say, but him being inactive isn't good enough, unless you'd like me to go through and find every game with inactives that people convinced themselves of being scum before flip revealed that they were town that just NEVER posted)

I'm sorry, but if you're going to say:

Maybe I'm off on this but his repeated defense of people that look increasingly scummy is very suspect.

is an argument for why I look scummy, you'll first have to make a thorough argument of why those people look scummy, then show where any defense was occurring, then prove why this specific instance of a difference in opinion is somehow actual cause for someone to look scummy (because again, difference of opinion != scum)

In any case, I think yesterday's vote was FAR more useful in the number of people in seemingly cleared, rather than the number of people seemingly implicated

franconp

As scum? I don't personally suspect you. But I can see why someone wanting to lynch you would try to make the case.

If you think about the exchange between Sorian and Ty and the reads Ty said he had about me it would be logical to think he investigated me. So I would be the most obvious. But I'm town and don't have anything to lose so I don't care. If I'm lynched to town benefit so be it. It won't be the first time.

To clarify my above post: By "letting Style explain his actions," I guess I more meant kind of hand waving away what happened with a "we're probably going to have to lynch you" before just moving on to name other possible scum suspects.

I'm sorry, was there a discussion to be had regarding style's lynch? If someone wants to defend him, than they can be my guess, but I think regardless of even the evidence that's against him his claim alone makes it such that we have to lynch him today

That scum list doesn't alleviate any of my doubts. Outside of franconp, everyone on that list is a safe and obvious choice (in my opinion).

yYMFS5Z.png

Tell me why I should have more than 4 people on a possible scum list? The vast majority of the players are going to be town, and in this case I find it more productive to eliminate the people I think are safely not-scum.

Or do you want me to go with "controversial" picks for shits and giggles? Of the 3 I feel comfortable as labeling as scum, 1 of them is according to you, "unconventional". So asides from the obvious Style, 1 of my picks is conventional and 1 is unconventional.

No thank you, I'm going to stick to getting the easy points before I tackle the harder ones, the day just began and that's just my first read list for the day.

Maybe I did say that wrong: I would be the most obvious choice.

THANK YOU!!!!

Maybe I did say that wrong: I would be the most obvious choice.

Exactly. You were Robin to Sorian's Batman, IMO.

Watch I'm wrong and you're king scum and I look like a total jackass at the end of it all.

I need to go to sleep. My thoughts are all jumbled after getting two deaths and one of them being Sorian (an extremely obvious choice, but I figured maybe too obvious).

Sorian died because he was dangerous. Killing him either prevented him from exposing someone, or was in retaliation for already exposing someone (or several people).

Would the mafia be so bold as to kill him after he named correct suspects? They'd know we could just look at his suspect list and work from there.

At the same time, maybe he had named one name too many and had to be killed before he figured out the rest.

That's one reason I heavily suspect Vanguard. Sorian was on him from day one. I think the fact that Sorian was so adamant about Vanguard (and perhaps someone else), and/or he looked like he might be on the right track with others meant he had to be silenced now.

franconp

Exactly. You were Robin to Sorian's Batman, IMO.

Watch I'm wrong and you're king scum and I look like a total jackass at the end of it all.

I need to go to sleep. My thoughts are all jumbled after getting two deaths and one of them being Sorian (an extremely obvious choice, but I figured maybe too obvious).

Sorian died because he was dangerous. Killing him either prevented him from exposing someone, or was in retaliation for already exposing someone (or several people).

Would the mafia be so bold as to kill him after he named correct suspects? They'd know we could just look at his suspect list and work from there.

At the same time, maybe he had named one name too many and had to be killed before he figured out the rest.

That's one reason I heavily suspect Vanguard. Sorian was on him from day one. I think the fact that Sorian was so adamant about Vanguard (and perhaps someone else), and/or he looked like he might be on the right track with others meant he had to be silenced now.

He is not saying I killed Sorian but Ty died because of me.

I'm sorry, was there a discussion to be had regarding style's lynch? If someone wants to defend him, than they can be my guess, but I think regardless of even the evidence that's against him his claim alone makes it such that we have to lynch him today

Fair enough.

Tell me why I should have more than 4 people on a possible scum list? The vast majority of the players are going to be town, and in this case I find it more productive to eliminate the people I think are safely not-scum.

It's not a matter of having more players on your list. It's just your list is populated by mostly people who are on everyone's list. They're likely to be lynched at some point, so any scum can throw them on their list to look like they're with the rest of us.

I suppose it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't," but combine that the fact that I already has some suspicions of you, and you get what I posted there.

PS - Any chance you'd explain why you're getting town vibes from BlackBuzzard?

My scum read on him (or at least the ones jumping to mind) are:

He's had 18 total posts thru all of day one, yet he's called on other people to post more often.

And Exodu5 moved a vote away from BlackBuzzard to PK Gaming for PK's lack of posting, which always struck me as odd because at that point, Buzzard had only posted 8 times. Why vote for PK due to lack of voting when Buzzard was a worse offender?

And a general lack of really saying much when he does post. He's coasting by out of the spotlight, which is where shadows like to hide.

TheExodu5 moving vote thing I can admit looks strange, didn't see that

Everything else though? I've seen it before. Coasting and inactivity really isn't that sure of a sign of scum. I thought he was town because it seemed like while he was here he WAS making genuine effort, so even if I don't think it translates to too much, it makes me feel townie about him. But idk, my read on him really isn't that strong

Actually, yeah, plop, I'm seeing a disturbing trend where you seem to conflate activity and spotlight with towniness and inactivity and coasting with scumminess

Here's a totally bs statement that will make franconp, an active player, look bad: iirc, between all the games franconp has played he was most active and into it when he was scum in Animal Crossing.

High activity and contribution is good because when a player gives more posts, they're more likely to slip up AND they help the town as a whole contribute. But Flux and Sorian and I and most other active players are probably going to be just as active as scum. The reason why giving more is townie is because it means you're more likely to slip up, which in turn REQUIRES that the activity itself not clear you so much as actually looking at their posts

At the same time, there have been so many examples of inactive townies it actually hurts, so I'm going to trust that one of the other vets you trust will back me up on this

franconp

Actually, yeah, plop, I'm seeing a disturbing trend where you seem to conflate activity and spotlight with towniness and inactivity and coasting with scumminess

Here's a totally bs statement that will make franconp, an active player, look bad: iirc, between all the games franconp has played he was most active and into it when he was scum in Animal Crossing.

High activity and contribution is good because when a player gives more posts, they're more likely to slip up AND they help the town as a whole contribute. But Flux and Sorian and I and most other active players are probably going to be just as active as scum. The reason why giving more is townie is because it means you're more likely to slip up, which in turn REQUIRES that the activity itself not clear you so much as actually looking at their posts

At the same time, there have been so many examples of inactive townies it actually hurts, so I'm going to trust that one of the other vets you trust will back me up on this

I was way more active in Overwatch than in animal crossing:

Overwatch: 212 posts
Animal crossing: 104 posts

And you should reread AC, I played very low key even after roleclaiming cop.

Top Bottom