• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Zip_it007

I've got 12 bullets.

Attic, 3 from the crate and 1 under the bed.
Bathroom, 1 in the drawer, 2 in mirror cupboard and 1 in gun.
2 in hallway on shelf leading to stairs. 2 on the stairs down to basement.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So as Boke pointed out, I was messing around with the finger, I went by the clock after triggering the note, I pointed towards the pile of rubble by the door. Suddenly the finger auto-locked to point towards something. So I moved a bit and pointed at it, then suddenly the screen zoomed in and there was a loud thud sound, it was very distinct. I don't know what to do now, but it was definitely something. I am recording so when done messing with the stream I can upload it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So as Boke pointed out, I was messing around with the finger, I went by the clock after triggering the note, I pointed towards the pile of rubble by the door. Suddenly the finger auto-locked to point towards something. So I moved a bit and pointed at it, then suddenly the screen zoomed in and there was a loud thud sound, it was very distinct. I don't know what to do now, but it was definitely something. I am recording so when done messing with the stream I can upload it.

GYWvdSyl.jpg

Boke1879

Guys we are definitely getting somewhere. I think we have to find 5 murder points, and the notes I think are what lead us to them.

Nice. Now to point the finger at everything!

No new note though.

kc44135

Oh no, it's happening again. I... I... I think I'm back in, guys. I got the finger, put it on the hand, and now I'm pointing it at stuff. Help me.

Dusk Golem

The next point is 100% at the bed. The finger every so lightly nudges towards the box when you look at the cabinet, but I can't 100% get the angle.

Gitaroo

anyone tried the game in VR? I am playing on the pro, looks horrible, first time Im getting motion sick and massive headache. FOV is super narrow and graphics is super grainy. yuck!

Zip_it007

In the attic, walk around to the door that is boarded up in the hall, there is a laugh and a new note

"Phil's tucked in tight on his cold, stiff bed
He's having sweet dreams of not being dead."

Dusk Golem

Where exactly did you guys get the giggle to happen? By the boarded door and no note, BUT I have noticed the finger moving by the bed, Anything you did or looked at exactly?

Damn, so this puzzle seems like it'll be pretty straightforward. Just follow the hints and point the finger. I'll join in once I get home.

anyone tried the game in VR? I am playing on the pro, looks horrible, first time Im getting motion sick and massive headache. FOV is super narrow and graphics is super grainy. yuck!
Have you tried the kitchen demo? This demo in the Pro looks massively impressive compared to that build.

kc44135

Where exactly did you guys get the giggle to happen? By the boarded door and no note, BUT I have noticed the finger moving by the bed, Anything you did or looked at exactly?

Yeah, I can't get the giggle either, but I'm getting the soft-lock on the bed same as you (the pillow specifically).

Jawmuncher

That would be awesome, but the fact that we're already making progress tells me it shouldn't be too bad though, right?

... Right?

Who knows. Could turn into PT again where the first sequence of steps are easy and then the last one someone finds out based on pure luck. I think even now the whole use audio for a giggle isn't 100% confirmed or something.

kc44135

Guys, I just had the "soft-lock" happen again, this time with the flickering light blue in the attic room with the messages. Not sure if this means anything or not.

What's in your inventory? the first clue was triggered by something in you inventory. I can't get it to trigger, but I haven't gone to the basement yet.
Everything. I also activated the thing you found by pointing the finger near the clock.

Edit: To be more detailed: axe, gun, 12 bullets, dummy hand, bolt cutters, tape, lockpick and notebook.

Jawmuncher

Sorry for being out of the loop.
They added new content to the already released demo?

Is it VR only?

No, it's a new update for the original demo that adds a bunch of stuff.

If you have the old demo like kc said you can just update. If not download the demo.
It has VR support but that is not needed to play. If you have a pro it has HDR support.
It includes a whole new area, 2 endings, and a enemy to fight, along with a gun. Also currently people are finding what could be a new secret.

It's coming to Xbox One and PC on the 12th

Top Bottom