• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want your player avatar to sound like you, too?

Fbh

Nah.
I've never been interested in self inserting myself in games.
In fact if a game gives me an option to play as a non human that's usually what I go with (unless it's something dumb like some small furry creature)

Braag

Whenever given the choice to create a character I never make him look like me, I just try to make him look like he would fit in the world. So no, I wouldn't want him to sound like me.
I'm not one of those people who has to see myself in everything I watch or play. But ultimately games with character creators are there to offer that option to make the avatar look like you.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Depends on the game. I remember in Rainbow Sex Vegas you could scan your face onto your character. It was a little strange but honestly, pretty cool too. If AI could capture my mannerisms and make it more believable that its an accurate representation I would do it in like a GTA Online or other games that are representative of my environment.

For example, GTA is accurate, but Dragon's Dogma is not. I don't have a British accent and I imagine I would sound very odd with one, though I do appreciate the accent itself.

Top Bottom