• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Also, I want to know how to use "Blockers" effectively, I can't find a good use for them.

They're good for when you want to stop something on a production line while you drop something else onto it to get welded.

Also keep in mind that you can attach other blocks TO pushers and blockers, so you can have stuff like this:

l8rlkyk.gif

You can get some pretty creative solutions going by moving other blocks around with pushers. You can also move multiple blocks with a single pusher, as long as they're not attached to anything else when the level starts.

Also, as you might have noticed, any block that isn't attached to anything else when the level starts will just fall. You can use this to set up some more sophisticated automation if you want. A loose block moving around on its own on a conveyor belt will still set off sensors, just like the production blocks do, like so:

tYqC73A.gif

Now obviously, that's a pretty useless application, but it's just an example. It's great if you want to have several things happen in a row, but with a specific delay between them. You just wire sensors along the conveyor track at the right distances apart, and let the loose block do your timing for you.

user237

Started playing Elder Scrolls Online and... it's not doing much for me.
I thought I had created a nice enough character, but then I started playing and noticed I don't really like her (lightning makes her face look different from how she looked in the creator). I wanted to make an archer, but the creator only had 4 classes (?) and 3 of them were melee, 1 a caster. Well, I see I could wield a bow and level that skill but... even though I picked the rogue type class, I'm given a 2h sword to start out? The combat feels clunky (I'm not really a fan of hold button for stronger attack). I'll give it some more time, as I only reached maybe level 4 and I want to find a bow (I even made a wood elf).

Leaving the other dimension and being greeted by a shop pop up didn't leave a good impression on me though.

I assume you chose Nightblade as your class, right? That's the most common class for archers, but it's also used for sneak-and-stab type characters, so you can use it for range or melee. You can also make a Nightblade caster (Blood Mage type) or a Nightblade tank (sap tank type).

To make a pure archer you want to put your attribute points into Stamina and keep your bow skills on your main skillbar. Nightblade class skills can be useful too - there is an invisibility spell that helps you get away from enemies when you need.

If you end up hating Nightblade but still want to do an archer you might want to reroll as a Templar and chose the stamina version of Templar class skills to combine with your bow skills.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the classes in ESO arent like other games. You can be any class as an archer. My archer is a sorceror with pets. Thats not how ESO works and its actually one of the hard things to wrap your head around at first, especially coming from something like WoW (which I know Lain does).

When I understood the class system, it went from something I hated to one of my favorite things in the game.

Right now im playing a archer sorceror like I said (actually shes benched for now), a nightblade tank (nightblades would usually be seen as the "rogue" types") and a more tradicional templar healer. But ive seen dragonknight (the class you would think would be the warrior/tank) mages for example using dragons breath and shit along with destruction staff, Ive seen melee sorcerors with 2 handers and the lightning form (actually thats quite popular), its all about combining your class skills with the weapon skills into your own spec.

Eso is fun for the first few hours, i even got to become a werewolf which took forever since ppl like to charge for the bites, i got it for free tho and i'd give bites to randoms when i occasionally walked by there hoping theyll return the favor to others

Endruen

Thanks for the tips. I wanted to do a blocker that would stop new blocks from appearing until the one in production reached the end. I did something like that for the ship, but I had to make the blocker fall for the first ship to go through.
rhMquO0.gif

Your second gif may give me a solution for that.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm should i dial down the difficulty in dishonored 2 to medium?

i feel like hard isn't too much fun, it's hard to tell when enemies can see you and you have so little time to react when they do catch a glimpse of you

also considering switching to mouse and keyboard since the game feels kind of sluggish on a controller

hmmmm

Nzyme32

So boooored.

Still need to play Infinifactory, but I know it will likely absorb my life, so trying to put it off till holidays give me some free time to throw at it

Has anybody played that Icey game?

I saw some dude stream it and it looked like a good 2D DMC wrapped up in a philosophical tortilla with an Asian speaking narrator.

I have a non-gaming laptop but I've played 60FPS games on PS4, so I'm familiar with the difference. I find 15-20FPS as the bottom limit where a game is smooth enough (for me) to be playable just fine.

Thing is you said you that 13 - 20 fps are "great" and "perfect playable". That's fanboying hard.
If 13-20 fps in the year 2016 for a 3D adventure game aren't horrible, I dunno.

Deadbeat

Banned
Ok, but there is also a problem with the internet of using things out of context.
Making mistakes like this is easy.
For me I only saw a bloke hitting a kangaroo without any reason.

Going a further bit OT here I would say that it's a big problem with the use of events in another context.
We see that happen again and again on the internet, using one thing for something completely different, be it for comedy effect or political reasons.

An example is the picture of a blonde boy who had is face badly beaten.
Right wing extremists is spreading the pic, taking it out of context and saying that he was attacked by immigrants, but the truth is that he was attacked by a dog.

Sorry for being a downer and sorry if anybody was offended. But these things will continue to happen and I'm not fond of it.
The problem is people jumping to conclusions before knowing the facts. Why not ask for the full story before denouncing the dude. current_year_argument.jpg

So when is the christmas sale hitting?

The low FPS of The Last Guardian represents the lowly nature of the character and Trico, they are struggling to cope in their world, and the framerate struggling to cope with the render load is a perfectly, brilliant example of game design and story telling, Bravo Ueda-san and Sony!

rtcn63

The low FPS of The Last Guardian represents the lowly nature of the character and Trico, they are struggling to cope in their world, and the framerate struggling to cope with the render load is a perfectly, brilliant example of game design and story telling, Bravo Ueda-san and Sony!

They're enemy in the game is literally the PC Master Race

Lain

Eso is fun for the first few hours, i even got to become a werewolf which took forever since ppl like to charge for the bites, i got it for free tho and i'd give bites to randoms when i occasionally walked by there hoping theyll return the favor to others

Why would anyone want to be a stinky ball of fur, when they could be awesome vampires?!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Never understood the hype for Last Guardian,

Then again, GAF will overhype any Sony exclusive

fantomena

Blops zombies is still good and there are actually more people playing that online than IW, or the IW zombie servers are simply just trash.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Despite not playing the developer's previous games, I understand people getting excited for the Last Guardian.

It's people getting themselves excited for Crash Bandicoot I don't understand.

It's like going nuts for retro-90s RC Cola packaging.

Hektor

Despite not playing the developer's previous games, I understand people getting excited for the Last Guardian.

Hope people with opinions like yours will soon be perma ban-dicooted.

morningbus

Hope people with opinions like yours will soon be perma ban-dicooted.

I mean, I'm good. I had a childhood that could afford name-brand Mario.

If banning me makes up for having to prop up the Crash games your entire life, I understand.

mp1990

Banned

I hope you are looking forward to playing Knack Trilogy HD in your Playst- *starts coughing blood and passes out before ending the phrase*

morningbus

I hope you are looking forward to playing Knack Trilogy HD in your Playst- *starts coughing blood and passes out before ending the phrase*

Hopefully they release Sackboy DLC because I am already vomiting into my lap and it won't stop.

Hektor

I mean, I'm good. I had a childhood that could afford name-brand Mario.

If banning me makes up for having to prop up the Crash games your entire life, I understand.

Crash was faster than Mario 64, had better leveldesign and more interesting art. The ammount of salt people throw over crash only stems from them being drowned in Nintendo Kool-Aid. I see through you all!

Tizoc

Book of Unwritten Tales 1 looks really really good.
Though the gameplay is pretty...straightforward: Just click on everything on the screen until you're left with nothing new to get then mix your items and try everything til you progress the story.

Arthea

I agree with you too
let's ask us why people are hyped at all?

morningbus

RC Cola has the majority of the taste of regular colas and costs less! It even has flavors similar to larger soda brands you're sure to accept.

I agree with you too
let's ask us why people are hyped at all?

Yeah, I'm kind of with you here, too.

I understand getting hyped-up for something you are sure to enjoy -- I've done that before. But there's a disturbing trend of people needing others to help get them excited that's a little too pervasive.

I think people are more excited to be aboard the hype-train than they are to arrive at their destination.

MUnited83

For you.
Book of Unwritten Tales 1 looks really really good.
Though the gameplay is pretty...straightforward: Just click on everything on the screen until you're left with nothing new to get then mix your items and try everything til you progress the story.
You mean It's a point and click game?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
PC good enough to play the latest games, plays Marvel games on android emulator

they're fun tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom