• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves releasing today on PS4+PSV

Piccoro

Was this one of the SNK releases with Spanish and Portuguese in it? In my experience, as you switch from English to Spanish to Portuguese on those, the translation quality becomes increasingly preposterous (yes, WORSE than SNK English)

I'm more interested in the Japanese translation, because of the character's names (Marco Rodriguez instead of Kushnud Butt, and others)

Tizoc

Can someone clarify this for me please?
With Kain do Dwn+AB, then press Dwn-Back+C, Dwn-Back+AC Feint->B body elbow attack

I could do this when I played the PC release but can't seem to pull it off on PS4 :p

I'm more interested in the Japanese translation, because of the character's names (Marco Rodriguez instead of Kushnud Butt, and others)

Khusnood Butt-Rodriguez is the greatest fg character name of all time and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Plus Butt is a normal name in Pakistan.

Man I'm a total fighting game casual but this game was so damn good back in the day and I fully expect it to hold up beautifully seeing how every other SNK gem seems to.

Will be grabbing it this weekend. Absolutely loved Real Bout back in the day as well, mmmmm

SNK games are hard. I can't beat Gato lol.

I've owned the Dreamcast, PS2, and 360 versions of this game, and the AI is cheap as hell in all of them. It's almost as if the AI was reading and reacting to your controller inputs.

With practice, you'll do fine. Also, by playing longer, you'll figure out some ways in which you can exploit the AI to your advantage.

Z..

I've owned the Dreamcast, PS2, and 360 versions of this game, and the AI is cheap as hell in all of them. It's almost as if the AI was reading and reacting to your controller inputs.

With practice, you'll do fine. Also, by playing longer, you'll figure out some ways in which you can exploit the AI to your advantage.
That's EXACTLY what the AI does. And it's ever so obvious.
Garou, Kof 96/98 are the fighting games i played the most in my life and the AI is completely transparent in it's cheapness when transitioning from playing with people.

Ohnonono

Got this on Vita, send and invite to a buddy and played this game for like 2 hours straight on Sat. night. How the fuck is this game so good?

ScOULaris

Got this on Vita, send and invite to a buddy and played this game for like 2 hours straight on Sat. night. How the fuck is this game so good?

I've always loved Garou but was only ever able to play it singleplayer via emulation.

This is the first time I've been able to play it against real people online, and it only makes me love the game even more. Truly one of the all-time great 2D fighters, and arguably the pinnacle of SNK's fighting game output.

Cathcart

So what's the consensus on how this one stacks up against other versions of the game? Solid performance/netcode/etc?

BadWolf

That's EXACTLY what the AI does. And it's ever so obvious.
Garou, Kof 96/98 are the fighting games i played the most in my life and the AI is completely transparent in it's cheapness when transitioning from playing with people.

Hon Fu in Real Bout Special is the very definition of this.

He will DP your ass if you as much as breathe in his direction.

Menitta

Yeah, it's super obvious the AI is reading inputs. I'm still loving the hell out of this game though. Never played it before. Terry Bogard is still the best fighting game character ever.

tearsofash

Does Kain not show up on arcade if you're on an easy difficulty? I'm trying to get the completion trophies but they aren't counting it.

Piccoro

Khusnood Butt-Rodriguez is the greatest fg character name of all time and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Plus Butt is a normal name in Pakistan.

Yeah, but Marco Rodriguez is from Brazil, so...

Anyways, I asked the devs about the languages and they said all you have to do is change the PS4's system language. So this game has Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese! :)

Tizoc

Yeah, but Marco Rodriguez is from Brazil, so...

Anyways, I asked the devs about the languages and they said all you have to do is change the PS4's system language. So this game has Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese! :)
No he is pakistani-brazilan
Thats my story and i am sticking to it

oni-link

If I don't have a PS4 or PS Plus but I have the game on Vita, is playing online free?

It was with Risk of Rain I think, but I don't know if that lets Vita players play online with PS4 players

ScOULaris

If I don't have a PS4 or PS Plus but I have the game on Vita, is playing online free?

It was with Risk of Rain I think, but I don't know if that lets Vita players play online with PS4 players

Yeah, I'd think so. Vita online play shouldn't require a Plus account as far as I know.

StayDead

And Garou is out on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366240

EDIT: This is not the same as the PS4 release by Code Mystics. The PC port is from DotEmu.

I think it's exactly the same as the Humble Store version, but with added online multiplayer. Judging from the reviews, it doesn't have as many options as the PS4 port.

I wonder how the netplay is.

I don't have an adapter for my stick to work on my PS4, so I'd be more likely to get it here.

Eolz

And Garou is out on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366240

EDIT: This is not the same as the PS4 release by Code Mystics. The PC port is from DotEmu.

I think it's exactly the same as the Humble Store version, but with added online multiplayer. Judging from the reviews, it doesn't have as many options as the PS4 port.

Damn, I was hyped until I've seen that. Thanks for making me save some money.

So 360>X1>>PS4 in terms of input lag? Wonder where mame and the dotemu release rank.

Ferrio

Banned
i thought this game had Blue Mary

brb crying

If only Garou 2 had released....

CaQKt7C.jpg

Who needs blue mary? It's got B.Jenet

That's a serious downgrade.

Momentary

Banned
I tried it on STEAM last night and the port runs at 56-57 FPS unless they fixed it today.

The sound is also off. I can't enjoy this version at all in its current state.

jjasso21

Its been a while since I played this. Might pick it up for both systems. Ill probably be horrible at it but I'll still enjoy myself.

Top Bottom