• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've seen people talk about the Colosseum in Altissa, and I'd like to check it out, but...how in the hell do you get to it? In fact, how do you get ANYWHERE but the yellow gondola path? Altissa is such a pain in the ass to navigate, I swear...

There is a yellow line telling you where the local boats will take you. Theres also a green line telling you which boat takes you to the next area, then a purple line will tell you which boat will take you to the arena

Gbraga

Also because
the entire group gets worked up more about this character most people forget exists than anybody else who dies in the game.

It's not just people rushing through the story. It's the game being bad at telling story.

As I said in my first post:

I'm sure he won't have enough character development for anything involving him to have any weight, but not even knowing who he is? That's 100% on the player.

I'm not trying to say it's a super important and well developed character you should care about. I'm just asking how did people not have any idea who he was.

Well...

A) Of course you noticed him after the "who the fuck is Jared" meme started.

B) I was one of the "Who the fuck is Jared?!" posters, but that wasn't because I absolutely didn't know who it was. I wanted to make sure who it was who I thought it was, because what follows in the game was just bizarre if that was indeed him... and it was.

C) You had all the character development he's going to get.

D) In a game where you can go mosey off to do anything at any point in time of course people are going to forget 60 seconds of character development when they come back to it 8 hours later.

E) They seem way more hung up about him than Noctis' fucking dad.

A) Yeah, sure. I also remember Monica because of the "who the fuck is Monica" meme, and I remember Dave's dialogue and both his and Sania's radio dialogues because of the "who the fuck are Dave and Sania" memes. Not because the game told me their names.

B) You could've googled that instead of posting the exact same message everyone was posting. It was 100% a meme.

C) Yeah, I imagined. Still doesn't mean I won't even know who he is. I don't need to care about someone to remember who they are.

D) It's been almost 30 in-game hours since I talked to Monica for the last time. Around 10 since I read the tale of Bahamut and the Oracle in the Cosmogony book. Pretty much 40 since I heard Regis on the radio telling people about the contents of the ceasefire with Niflheim, as well as Aldercapt visiting Insomnia before the signing ceremony, which still didn't have a date set (in order to justify the end of Chapter 1 being the next day or even weeks later, depending on how you choose to play).

Not to mention, this is a very convenient point, people definitely don't give this any importance when they're complaining about Iris not being desperate when she's telling them what happened. Well, it's been quite a while since the invasion in my game, she would definitely be over the worst periods now. Gladio not even mentioning what could have happened to his father is really really weird, though. Noctis at least gets that scene in the tomb with Cor, Gladio gets nothing. At least so far.

E) Again, nothing to do with not knowing who he is. On the contrary, you can only appreciate how absurd that is if you know.

Althane

Any tips against those metal gear looking mecha s that shoot missiles? Not really sure what triggers their stumble in which you can do damage for real.

Hold R1 and use the right stick to target their missile launchers. Warp-strike those from a decent distance away, and you'll break them. Takes out some of their painful attacks and makes them stumble. From there, Overwhelm or Tempest will usually hurt them pretty badly.

Lynx_7

Thanks to you guys I won't have to go through the same problem of not knowing who the hell is Jared. The moment he showed up on the hotel cutscene I was like "so the legend comes to life! I've heard a lot about you".

Man the night cycles are obnoxiously long, the ratio feels like 20-25 minutes of day then 30-40
Minutes of pitch black impossible to see night. Makes it really hard to effectively get several hunts and quests done
While stacking xp

Gbraga

Thanks to you guys I won't have to go through the same problem of not knowing who the hell is Jared. The moment he showed up on the hotel cutscene I was like "so the legend comes to life! I've heard a lot about you".

LMAO.

I was expecting to feel the same way, but then the very first thing they say when he appears is his and the kid's names, so I felt robbed of a great meme.

What happened to Epiosde 6 of Brotherhood? I thought it was supposed to come out with the game? All I can find is the teaser.

There's no proper Episode 6, just a few extra scenes at the end of every chapter. But nothing major. :(

edgefusion

I had
Gladio being mad at me and saying "So much for sticking together" when Ignis was two steps behind me.

Gladio: STICK TOGETHER, Grrrr! Work as a team dammit! Stop running ahead!
Gladio 5 minutes later: You're still blind? We're leaving you behind then bye bitch.

Well...

A) Of course you noticed him after the "who the fuck is Jared" meme started.

B) I was one of the "Who the fuck is Jared?!" posters, but that wasn't because I absolutely didn't know who it was. I wanted to make sure who it was who I thought it was, because what follows in the game was just bizarre if that was indeed him... and it was.

C) You had all the character development he's going to get.

D) In a game where you can go mosey off to do anything at any point in time of course people are going to forget 60 seconds of character development when they come back to it 8 hours later.

E) They seem way more hung up about him than Noctis' fucking dad.

All of this right here, such a freaking awkward moment

Certinty

Finally cleared up all the trophies besides getting all the skills to level 10.

At the moment level wise I'm:
Fishing - 3
Survival - 7
Cooking - 3
Photography - 9

Can someone give me an estimate on how long it would take to get all to 10? If it's long I'm just going to call it a day and forget the platinum.

Fishing - 3
Survival - 7
Cooking - 3
Photography - 9

Can someone give me an estimate on how long it would take to get all to 10? If it's long I'm just going to call it a day and forget the platinum.

Fishing - Around 2-3 hours in Vesperpool
Survival - Rubberband your sticks together for a long time. (Not too sure on this, I got it after finishing the game)
Cooking- Buy luncheon meat and cook at camp. 30 mins.
Photography - You're almost there. You'll get there soon enough naturally.

Zedark

Fishing - 3
Survival - 7
Cooking - 3
Photography - 9

Survival will be longest: going from level 1 to 10 require 30 hours of straight running, and so from 7 to 10 should be around 15 hours of running still. Fishing and cooking can be done relatively fast simply by doing them, and photography should level well provided you rest often enough for Prompto to "empty" his camera (basically, he only takes so many pictures at a time).

So yeah, that's gonna take a while still.

Edit: You could of course rubber band the survival skill by leaving your system on and having noctis run in circles by tying the left and right stick together with a rubber band. In that case, raising the level of fishing and cooking to 10 should take less than 5 hours combined. Photography will go up pretty naturally.

DPtheGod

Survival will be longest: going from level 1 to 10 require 30 hours of straight running, and so from 7 to 10 should be around 15 hours of running still. Fishing and cooking can be done relatively fast simply by doing them, and photography should level well provided you rest often enough for Prompto to "empty" his camera (basically, he only takes so many pictures at a time).

So yeah, that's gonna take a while still.

Edit: You could of course rubber band the survival skill by leaving your system on and having noctis run in circles by tying the left and right stick together with a rubber band. In that case, raising the level of fishing and cooking to 10 should take less than 5 hours combined. Photography will go up pretty naturally.

Fishing - Around 2-3 hours in Vesperpool
Survival - Rubberband your sticks together for a long time. (Not too sure on this, I got it after finishing the game)
Cooking- Buy luncheon meat and cook at camp. 30 mins.
Photography - You're almost there. You'll get there soon enough naturally.

These. There is an accessory Prompto can wear that will increase the amount of photos he can take. Also, spam the Snapshot ability five times a day in-game.

I heard they were actually great, no? Kotaku article raved about one in particular like it was the second coming of JRPG dungeons.

There is one dungeon that is amazing. Extremely good. The other 8 or so dungeons seem to be the exact same circular rooms layout with different enemies in them

LotusHD

Banned
I heard they were actually great, no? Kotaku article raved about one in particular like it was the second coming of JRPG dungeons.

Secret dungeon was overrated imo, and is not really suited for this type of game. Nonetheless, I do respect the whole design of it.

Pygrus

Also because
the entire group gets worked up more about this character most people forget exists than anybody else who dies in the game.

It's not just people rushing through the story. It's the game being bad at telling story.

someone actually hasn't finished the whole game.

So I just finished Crestholm Channels. Is this considered a good or bad dungeon?

Because
I really enjoyed it.

It's one of the best.

So I've done about a dozen side quests, slept dozens of times, and advanced the plot 2 chapters and this dude Cid STILL doesn't have my weapons ready. I looked it up and apparently this is a glitch and other people have experience the same :/

LotusHD

Banned
So I just finished Crestholm Channels. Is this considered a good or bad dungeon?

Because
I really enjoyed it.

I thought it was great. Some people unfortunately had camera issues/bugs, but I was just fine. The bosses were great as well for the most part.

If there's one aspect of this game I don't like, it's the rate you gain AP. I'm 78 hours in the game, characters in their mid 70s. Starting to work on the post-game dungeons and the last few odds and ends.

I need 16530 AP in order to max out my grid. A few tours with the guys, some warp strikes and a little drive isn't really going to contribute much overall. It's ridiculous, something I'd liek to see addressed in future patches, especially if they're going to be adding more hunts in updates and DLC. It's not FFX levels of post-game grinding bad, but it's definitely up there.

LotusHD

Banned
If there's one aspect of this game I don't like, it's the rate you gain AP. I'm 78 hours in the game, characters in their mid 70s. Starting to work on the post-game dungeons and the last few odds and ends.

I need 16530 AP in order to max out my grid. A few tours with the guys, some warp strikes and a little drive isn't really going to contribute much overall. It's ridiculous, something I'd liek to see addressed in future patches, especially if they're going to be adding more hunts in updates and DLC. It's not FFX levels of post-game grinding bad, but it's definitely up there.

Well to be fair, it's not like you need to max out every single thing... Gotta be smart about it. But yea, it could use some readjustments.

MechaX

Jared is pretty much a "blink and you'll miss it" situation where he mentions his name exactly once in a dull conversation that has absolutely zero relevance to anything whatsoever outside of "oh Noct is here now, meet these folks." And even in that 10 second introduction, Jared still makes it vague as all fuck on how exactly he knows Noctis and the group. After that, he's gone from the entire story for what could be 10 hours.

At least you have multiple quests with Dave.

But I appreciate this meme, because evidently the writers wanted you to feel and care about this old motherfucker a lot (I bet some programmer somewhere completely forgot he was supposed to make a Jared side quest line in the rush). So yeah, OT has to be something Jared related.

Fighting these Soldier Wasps in the Malayalam Thicket is fucking rage inducing bullshit.

Fucking Jesus.

Best strategy is to just chuck magic. Warp strikes and aerial combos will just have you end up getting shredded/confused/both immediately.

Fucking wasps act like they were designed for an entirely different game and battle system.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Fighting these Soldier Wasps in the Malmalam Thicket is fucking rage inducing bullshit.

Fucking Jesus.

jb1234

Because
I really enjoyed it.

I thought the design was clever, one of the better dungeons I've played so far.
Even if I didn't figure out that I missed a bunch of those panels you have to activate until I was running around in circles and had to look up a FAQ.

_Legacy_

Seriously, fuck Castlemark Tower and Red Giants' infinite vacuum glitch, so annoying. Also why the hell aren't my summons working? I pressed the trigger when the prompt appeared but nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom