• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FADE Analysis Firm : Top 5 best-selling PSN games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eccocid

I was so hyped about Fat Princess.. I thought it would take the place of Warhawk for me when it comes to online gaming. Lasted for a week never touched to it again, still playing Warhawk..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Eccocid said:
I was so hyped about Fat Princess.. I thought it would take the place of Warhawk for me when it comes to online gaming. Lasted for a week never touched to it again, still playing Warhawk..

Maybe our experiences are isolated, but I hear this a lot. It's supposedly quite active, but I still wonder how many players dropped out after the first month ago. I haven't played it since last summer.

Eccocid

Snuggler said:
Maybe our experiences are isolated, but I hear this a lot. It's supposedly quite active, but I still wonder how many players dropped out after the first month ago. I haven't played it since last summer.

Well the reason i stil play Warhawk, is SPLIT SCREEN ONLINE GAMING! ME and my buddy gather and play it on same coach at online servers. IT is so fun.

Fat Princess lacked that. It is a wacky game and wacky games are not fun when played online.
Did they add local multiplayer to it btw?

vazel

Banned
I'm surprised Fat Princess did so well. I wonder how many stuck with it. The game seems to burn out faster than a Cryptic MMO.

mclaren777

I'm confident that Warhawk and GT5P generated more revenue than BF1943, though I'm shocked to see that Fat Princess did so well.

Eccocid said:
Well the reason i stil play Warhawk, is SPLIT SCREEN ONLINE GAMING! ME and my buddy gather and play it on same coach at online servers. IT is so fun.

this is something i have yet to experience. Twisted Metal will be glorious, if i can get some friends to play it with me.

Crisis

Banned
I am not really a part of salesGAF, nor am I an expert on these things, but I am reasonably sure a lot of these numbers are off. And I mean really "off". Even if you're just going by revenue, GT5P and Warhawk would be on the list. The omission of Stardust and Mortal Kombat II isn't really plausible either.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Weird list. It's aggregated by revenue, and they might not count full on "retail" games either like Burnout, GT5P, or Warhawk. They also missed Flower having variable pricing, and I wonder where they got their numbers from in general.

What I WOULD LOVE to see is just the top 10 PSN and XBLA games (not counting full game downloads or PSN Classics) purely just in terms of units solid.

That's the first time I've ever seen comparisons given between PSN and XBLA for regular customers. I'm glad just for the sake of clarity.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Crisis said:
I am not really a part of salesGAF, nor am I an expert on these things, but I am reasonably sure a lot of these numbers are off. And I mean really "off". Even if you're just going by revenue, GT5P and Warhawk would be on the list. The omission of Stardust and Mortal Kombat II isn't really plausible either.
Ass Pull, meet another Ass Pull.

I was one of the suckers who bought Fat Princess, game looked awesome till you realize there is less content in there then most flash games.

I bought 1943! And game shared it with a friend, which is how I got Wipeout HD and SSDHD, incidentally. Oh, and MVC2...

Yeah, game sharing could be a pretty big hindrance, considering that I also bought Burnout Paradise and shared that with a friend, too...

Rlan

Baki said:
How reliable is this company?

FADE == VG Chartz

They use "FADE" as their cover because most websites, like NeoGAF, refuse to publish their stuff. Since Journos don't look further than skin deep, they'll repeat these reports.

D3VI0US

I think it's pretty obvious that games sell more that have demos. It's 2010 and if you expect to sell a digital game it should be a requirement. After being burned on the mediocrity that was Fat Princess I stick to that policy. Also I think the list is just for ps3 psn content

So what's the time frame here. I thought SSDHD sold ~500k copies when it was the first game with trophies and it was already out before that.

Rlan said:
FADE == VG Chartz

They use "FADE" as their cover because most websites, like NeoGAF, refuse to publish their stuff. Since Journos don't look further than skin deep, they'll repeat these reports.
Blech

vazel

Banned
Rlan said:
FADE == VG Chartz

Is it really? From a google search just now I noticed FADE pops up a lot in ********'s 'gamrfeed'. So that means these results have as much credibility as any educated guess I come up with.

Mrbob

Yeah who is FADE again?

Rlan said:
FADE == VG Chartz

Hahahahaha, figured these numbers were junk.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Game2Death said:
I only buy disc games. Sorry. :D

You're missing out. I'm sure you have a solid reason for having that standard, but in the case of Wipeout HD you're better off abandoning your values and just playing the damn games.
It's that good!

Eccocid said:
Absolutely, that's been the driving factor for most of my favorite MP online games. It's just so much better to play it on the same couch with a friend. I must have put at least a couple hundred hours playing Gears of War online split screen with a bro of mine, same with Left 4 Dead.

Snuggler said:
It's one of the best looking games on the service but ultimately it left me feeling a little bored and unsatisfied. The gameplay just felt like a mess to me, without strong teamwork it was just a free for all clusterfuck that almost always ended up in a stalemate. I lost interest in it pretty fast, but it's probably been improved since then.
I can't believe I wasted 15 bucks on that shit.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mysticwhip said:
I can't believe I wasted 15 bucks on that shit.

Yeah, it's the one game that makes me wish that DD had some kind of resale value. But I guess I'm stuck with it forever.

I have this thing with never buying anything DD. No games, no dlc, nothing.

That's what I figured. But it looks like someone beat me to what I was gonna post, it's so worth it to get the disc version. I might be overselling the game, but it is damn good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
alr1ghtstart said:
I got PAIN for free with my PS3. I still feel robbed.

:lol :lol :lol Same, and I agree.

Trophy patch adding trophies while I redeemed it didn't help matters either. Only game (besides Socom, which I could do if the community wasn't fucking ass) I have a 0% on my trophy list from. >_>

I'm completely disappointed that none of these reached 1million like some XBLA titles. Goes to show that Sony's PSN cards aren't as available (it took a good two years after they were introduced for a rural Wal-mart near me to pick them up, despite having MS Point cards there for longer) + no classics (sup, Streets of Rage, blah blah blah) that people want.

Snuggler said:
That's what I figured. But it looks like someone beat me to what I was gonna post, it's so worth it to get the disc version. I might be overselling the game, but it is damn good.
I've never played a wipeout game. The demo was hard tho.

Rlan said:
FADE == VG Chartz

Soooooo i guess thread title change then?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Game2Death said:
I've never played a wipeout game. The demo was hard tho.

It's hard at first. Actually, when I first bought the game I didn't get it and stopped playing but several months later I fired it up again and fell in love. Once you get a handle on the controls, it's feels so good. The presentation is top notch in every aspect and the gameplay is very intense and rewarding. Plus, it's packed with enough content to rival most full price retail games.
Worth a try, I thinK!

Plus, your avatar gives me the impression that you partake in herbal remedies. I partake in herbal remedies and play Wipeout HD, it's like the best combination ever. Even better than peanut butter and chocolate.

I'll stop there since I'm going way off topic now.

Snuggler said:
It's hard at first. Actually, when I first bought the game I didn't get it and stopped playing but several months later I fired it up again and fell in love. Once you get a handle on the controls, it's feels so good. The presentation is top notch in every aspect and the gameplay is very intense and rewarding. Plus, it's packed with enough content to rival most full price retail games.
Worth a try, I thinK!

Plus, your avatar gives me the impression that you partake in herbal remedies. I partake in herbal remedies and play Wipeout HD, it's like the best combination ever. Even better than peanut butter and chocolate.

I'll stop there since I'm going way off topic now.
It's ok your really selling me on this game. :lol I think I'll download the demo now if it's still up, and maybe buy it off that website.

Roto13

Wow, I guess most console users really don't buy downloadable games. The best selling PSN game has less than 500,000 sales. It's not like these games are expensive or something.

Roto13 said:
Wow, I guess most console users really don't buy downloadable games. The best selling PSN game has less than 500,000 sales. It's not like these games are expensive or something.

I think you might have missed the 2 pages of this thread calling shenanigans on these numbers.

MrPliskin

Banned
Snuggler said:
Yeah, it's sad to think that such an exceptional game has sold under 250k or so copies. It's one of the best games of this gen and deserves around 100 million sales. To think that Pain has outsold it makes me feel, well, pain.

WipEout is $20, PAIN is $10, not to mentino PAIN came with quite a few 80GB PS3's for a while.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Roto13 said:

Obviously this is just anecdotal, but almost all of the console owners I know seem to be uninteresting or unaware of downloable games, even those who play online regularly. I have a friend with PS3 and I even game shared a few of my top PSN games just so he would try them, and he never did. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom