• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Nightmare does have that good feeling of satisfaction at the end of the tunnel, yeah.
Yeah, same feeling that makes Dark Souls so good.

Aaand 3rd boss down. Edna was surprisingly chill in comparison to Velagunder (I blame the blasted bugs he shakes off all the time).
I'll probably eat my words later, but so far this hasn't been as insane as Inferno in Oath. We'll see.

Why would that even happen? Again, I would love to hear Tizoc's reasoning.

For the same reason Valkyria Revolution is PS4/PSV/XB1 but not PC.
XB1 being added specifically for West, despite being the weakest platform for Japanese games. Despite PC being the second strongest. Despite Valkyria Chronicles being close to 1 million units sold on Steam.

Any word on Nier Automata PC release date yet or still a mystery?

ReflectingDistantGermanpinscher.gif

Orgen

Freedom!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orgen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-3EFA22C5B114AB6A - Taken by Jalal. 11 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-40AA20D9B57FFEAF - Taken by bloke. 5 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-D92FBA7ED0C2A7F9
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-05292BA646BE6CE4 - Taken by Cels. 1 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-C978D43984A42ABB
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-388C4CDC7966D27B - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Dusty Revenge: CoOp Edition -- MB-2A60F194B7ABC15C
GRAV (Early Access) -- MB-5B0D32E8F2E826EE - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-822726053BC65605 - Taken by jesusraz. 2 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-CA2D7A783AEA2CCB - Taken by Khilandros. 4 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-EE9108E138250BB5
Monster Loves You -- MB-C8C76F60D4A33BF2 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-C34D82835BFF9F1B
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-D6DF5523E018192B - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-8F86460732F6CCD8
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-11B3547156541128 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 3 entrants total.
Rituals -- MB-D7D60314D501D5EE - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-8B2FB035F0702F63
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-62592E559B3922CF
Spirits -- MB-ACB34D580B6D3087 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-82243BEA8EB246B9 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 14 entrants total.
Streamline Early Access -- MB-8498E4D5EAF27CDE
Super Galaxy Squadron EX -- MB-227F0BFC0FF7A138 - Taken by longlivegaming. 5 entrants total.
TIMEframe -- MB-F8C7648BC187A649 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 6 entrants total.
Team Indie -- MB-FD2ADE78EE57E531 - Taken by Vuze. 5 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-A85C47FAF6A8B037 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-200D72D8DA7F84B0 - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-36F7480BB1545E84 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-0365010F83F7DE29 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
shutshimi -- MB-2D708AEF308A37D9 - Taken by drakaenae. 7 entrants total.

t1488128545z1.png

Ladekabel

Octodad is short, and a lot more legit than I thought. I have just finished it. 😘

super time force ultra is maaaybe 4 hours long. unless you really get into time trials.

that and n++. you will not complete n++ and that's OK.

Will look into one of them. Thanks.

I'd definitely recommend Valkyria. That mission is the one everyone has trouble on, you just have to focus on the tank and ignore the other soldiers completely. Maybe use a walkthrough for that, cos the story is super good. Otherwise, Psychonauts for an relatively easy (barring the final level) but charming platformer, the Swapper for a puzzle platformer with a well paced difficulty curve and a decent story, and TIS-100 for puzzle programming that you can sink hours into. Ittle Dew and Bit Blaster are decent too, I guess, though I didn't really care much for Ittle Dew for whatever reason, and Bit Blaster is super simplistic. Barrier X could've been good, but it's pretty frustrating.

I might do that sometime in the future.

Northgard impressions: If you are into Banished, you'll want to pay attention to Northgard.

I... I spent a lot of time with Banished. Like many others, the cult following for that game is real and legit. There was a building aspect to that was brutally hard yet simple and compelling. Banished is one of those types of games where you make a village and 10 minutes later after the first winter, all your villagers are dead from hypothermia. Then you retry, and then die from starvation. One more time, they die from lack of housing. Fourth time, it's the unhappiness. Then they get sick.

Banished was a brutal game and you basically needed a razor sharp guide to just survive the first year.

Northgard is much easier to get into. I like it a lot. It has some Warcraft 2 flavor in there. Combat is very arcadey but not bad. It reminds me almost of Black and White 2s war aspect. you simple drag your followers into the unit tents and they become viking warriors. you can control them directly and tell them where to go.
Game is in early access and it's not rough, but lacking. earthquakes have no animations, there is some UI feedback notifications missings.

I spend 4-5 hours with it today and that was enough for now. You can win by different types of victory conditions like in civilization.

You can put this on your wishlist and check up on it, but you don't have to buy it yet. They say 6-months early access. That could be something. There is a really good game here, and its not broken. Its quite polished, clean and you can play it fully. But for it to be a- Like you remember how many hours you spend with Warcraft 2. It doesn't have that. But it has potential. The Nordic Viking aesthetic is good. Sound bytes and music is underwhelming though. When the unit only has one sound and no cycle of variation, you sort of remember how indie it is. But I like this game a lot. I want to see it do well.

Banished is one of the most insane experiences you can have on Steam. This game is more friendly. If Banished made you go "fuck this" then try this. God I miss Black and White...

Nillansan

For the same reason Valkyria Revolution is PS4/PSV/XB1 but not PC. XB1 being added specifically for West, despite being the weakest platform for Japanese games. Despite PC being the second strongest. Despite Valkyria Chronicles being close to 1 million units sold on Steam.

So just because of this single incident, you believe this has become some sort of trend? Come on now. Everything pertaining to Valkyria Revolution is probably handled exclusively by the Japanese and American branches of Sega, while the Shenmue Collection is probably an effort that is pushed by Sega of Europe.

For the same reason Valkyria Revolution is PS4/PSV/XB1 but not PC.
XB1 being added specifically for West, despite being the weakest platform for Japanese games. Despite PC being the second strongest. Despite Valkyria Chronicles being close to 1 million units sold on Steam.

Valkyria Revolution isn't out yet. They could announce a PC version shortly before launch, Japanese companies can be very strange.

Jawmuncher

Regardless Valkyria Revolution for Xbox One and not pc was super odd. It's part of a series that already had a strong showing on pc (even if it's not the same style). I find it really odd they went out of their way for that.

I'm happy to see Jrpgs on Xbox one, don't get me wrong. But it's just really odd to go that far out and not just go "we might as well throw pc in there".

Though as was said they could maybe announce it later. Might be delayed on pc or they're saving it for these pc ports they're lying about.

It's why I wouldn't say Shenmue Collection even if real isn't a sealed deal on PC. No reason to give it the benefit of the doubt.

So just because of this single incident, you believe this has become some sort of trend? Come on now. Everything pertaining to Valkyria Revolution is probably handled exclusively by the Japanese and American branches of Sega, while the Shenmue Collection is probably an effort that is pushed by Sega of Europe.

The thing is, the trend right now regarding PC and Japanese support from SEGA is the last meaningful effort was 2 years and a half ago... and despite the great success, it never brought anything else.

It's not a "single incident". It's a "Fuck You" as an answer to Valkyria Chronicles success two years ago. As an answer to the recent shift from nearly every japanese publishers to Steam. SEGA/Atlus is, I think, the last ones to not release Japanese games on Steam. Maybe Level-5 even though Ni no Kuni 2 is coming to PC but is published by Bamco.

Northgard impressions: If you are into Banished, you'll want to pay attention to Northgard.

I... I spent a lot of time with Banished. Like many others, the cult following for that game is real and legit. There was a building aspect to that was brutally hard yet simple and compelling. Banished is one of those types of games where you make a village and 10 minutes later after the first winter, all your villagers are dead from hypothermia. Then you retry, and then die from starvation. One more time, they die from lack of housing. Fourth time, it's the unhappiness. Then they get sick.

Banished was a brutal game and you basically needed a razor sharp guide to just survive the first year.

Northgard is much easier to get into. I like it a lot. It has some Warcraft 2 flavor in there. Combat is very arcadey but not bad. It reminds me almost of Black and White 2s war aspect. you simple drag your followers into the unit tents and they become viking warriors. you can control them directly and tell them where to go.
Game is in early access and it's not rough, but lacking. earthquakes have no animations, there is some UI feedback notifications missings.

I spend 4-5 hours with it today and that was enough for now. You can win by different types of victory conditions like in civilization.

You can put this on your wishlist and check up on it, but you don't have to buy it yet. They say 6-months early access. That could be something. There is a really good game here, and its not broken. Its quite polished, clean and you can play it fully. But for it to be a- Like you remember how many hours you spend with Warcraft 2. It doesn't have that. But it has potential. The Nordic Viking aesthetic is good. Sound bytes and music is underwhelming though. When the unit only has one sound and no cycle of variation, you sort of remember how indie it is. But I like this game a lot. I want to see it do well.

Banished is one of the most insane experiences you can have on Steam. This game is more friendly. If Banished made you go "fuck this" then try this. God I miss Black and White...
thanks for the impressions. im sold on 1.0.

reminds me that i bought banished at launch and only played an hour of it, though... one of my gaming regrets. i need to return to it

Hektor

How many games could SEGA even port?

Older games like vanquish aren't coming any more cos that would've happened by now, that would leave only Y0, VR and ShenmueHD as potential candidates.

Teppic

Shantae
Ori
Owlboy
Momodora
Cave Story
Rabi- Ribi
Axiom Vege
Guacamelee
Wings of Vi
Chronicles of Teddy
Cally Caves
Bunny Must Die
Alwa's Awakening
MegaSphere

Am I missing stuff?
Pharaoh Rebirth+
Castle in the Darkness
Odallus
Elliot Quest
Aquaria
Xeodrifter

Sajko

Older games like vanquish aren't coming any more cos that would've happened by now, that would leave only Y0, VR and ShenmueHD as potential candidates.

Sonic Lost World happened so anything is possible. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they port one more irrelevant thing instead of stuff people actually want.

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, 6, Persona 5, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Puyo Pop VS Tetris. Heck, a simple one: The upcoming SMT, which will run on Unreal Engine 4 and basically means PC build with a simple click.

Exactly how much combat is in this game? My girlfriend loves Banished but doesn't like combat too much in these types of games.

Edit: after watching the trailer the better comparison would be The Settlers, not Banished. So now I'm totally in.

Anno

Guys this is a special game. Make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hollow Knight -- MB-D889DC50C96D957C - Taken by gelf. 93 entrants total.

t1488056857z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-426CAD2975AAA6EB - Taken by Blizniak

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Don't have Bad Rats yet so I decided to try the mystery gift.

Hektor

I hate reading the Nier impressions on my Twitter timeline.

Fucking Squeenix and their asinine PC marketing.

It's totes worth the wait. Especially if the PC version can run at 4k and without streaming related framedrops

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, 6, Persona 5, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Puyo Pop VS Tetris. Heck, a simple one: The upcoming SMT, which will run on Unreal Engine 4 and basically means PC build with a simple click.

Like i said, games like vanquish or bayonetta would've happened by now if SEGA had an actual interest in it. It's either going to be something new or nothing at all.

Nzyme32

I hate reading the Nier impressions on my Twitter timeline.

Fucking Squeenix and their asinine PC marketing.

I wouldn't mind, but this is one of relatively few games that has had such a preposterous line of marketing / communication about its PC version that I ended up spending money on other things. I'm not likely to get the game for quite a long while now, and it wouldn't surprise me if others have done a similar thing. Particularly so when the communication is so woeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom