• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Ok I couldn't resist and listened to a couple of the snippets....this def sound like it'll please the crowd who didn't like TPAB...whew

Koozek

HARD AS BRICKS
Mtz41Cl.gif

This Carti tape is alright. 4 tracks in, the first two track's production is really great, but the rest is aight. Hopefully, it improves as I get through it.

Helmholtz

Good lord the production on this Carti...
Edit: First listen hyperbole: this my favorite project of 2017 so far. But yeah Kendrick's dropping soon. But this Carti is wild. I'm in love with some of these beats... Let It Go, Magnolia... good lord.

Koozek

i love compton and think it's the singular most under appreciated rap album of the past five years
I mean, it's nothing I still listen to or bumped on my own, but I actually had a lot of fun with that album that summer with one of my homies who's a big Dre stan. Was our go-to after-hour album at many of our parties. We almost live-performed the album ourselves singing along loudly, especially the Anderson parts, lol. Animals is so dope.

AND PLEASE DON'T COME AROUND THESE PAAAAAARTS
AND TELL ME THAT WE ALL A BUNCH OF ANIMALS
THE ONLY TIME THEY WANNA TURN THE CAMERAS OOON
IS WHEN WE'RE FUCKIN' SHIT UP, COME ON

Moonkid

I don't really dabble in Korean hip hop but my friend recommended Live's EP the other day and I dig it, especially Know Me. Whoever they got for the video did great too.

Who gives a fuck about some album with ghostwritten verses and ghost-produced beats...Unless it's a Ye, Drake, Travis, Rocky, literally anyone who's produced at least one banger's album
FTFY.

I don't know what to expect from the Kendrick album, but I am looking forward to the hyperbole in that thread. Some are going to claim it's better than TPAB, other's are going to claim it's worse than S.80, and its going to be compared to Yeezus in both favorable and unfavorable ways.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
It's gonna get buried but I'm loving this new Goldlink. I only ever used his last stuff as background music but I was really listening to this one.

LionPride

Banned
FTFY.

I don't know what to expect from the Kendrick album, but I am looking forward to the hyperbole in that thread. Some are going to claim it's better than TPAB, other's are going to claim it's worse than S.80, and its going to be compared to Yeezus in both favorable and unfavorable ways.
I know it took 10 listens to submit TPAB for me. That was 10 listens across five days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom