• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Lifeline

I did, I said I enjoy playing with him. That wasn't read, it was a compliment. In terms of solving, I nullread him. I enjoy my interactions with fatters, but let's be honest, he's done nothing to actually solve

Yeah, but my argument revolves around none of the mafia members interacting with the Batman, to play it safe. Dr. Worm fits that, fat and fire don't.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I appreciate the zeal lifeline, but just keep in mind the chances that you've solved the game before the end of D1 and caught the entire scum team is very slim. That's why building entire scum teams D1 isn't often done. I mention it solely so you don't just end up tunneling.
This, even connecting two scum together on day one is a miracle.

SexyFish

Banned
I'm onto something. Mark my words.
Live image of Lifeline at this very moment.
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Sorian

Banned
Putting myself on the town list should make sure everyone knows i'm town, right? Isn't that how it works. Also I'm still curious why Kalor is your number 1 mafia pick.

I have you as Mafia because Sorian seems to defend you a lot and you seem to defend him, plus you being against Kolar is suspect.

Can you even find one post where I'm defended Fireblend? I've done it "a lot" so you must be able to find one right? Because I'm not really sure I have.

Batman is too important of a role to lose. It has to be played safe and that's what he's doing.

Sorian is super active and everywhere and taking about/attacking/defending everyone, but one big person he's been pretty much ignoring is Dr. Worm. Same with Fireblend. Achors too, but he's less active so it makes sense.

Dr. Worm's posts are super safe and not strongly leaning in any direction. To the point where it seems he's playing both sides, to keep himself safe no matter what happens.

Dr. Worm really wants to stay alive and my mafia lineup is ignoring him in a way that's really suspect.

He is the Batman.

While on the flipside, I have thrown suspicion at Worm already, this whole thing is a mess and is reaching for air.

batsnacks

Time to post a few reads.

Top Town.

1. Lifeline - unless this is the greatest noob gambit of all time your posts are too naive to be scum or have help
2. Terra - what an awful vote for Lifeline. Stupidity = town imo.
3. Sorian - Some nice early batting stuff around usual style

Top Scum

1. Kalor - evenhanded under the radar posts with no real contribution. Typical scum move
2. Natiko - Very early on the inactivity train and his tone seems off to me
3. *Splinter - scattershot, abrasive and unfocussed. Pretending to push the game forward

yikes

Sorian

Banned
As an extra aside, I excused it on a first read because of newbieness but I should point it out anyway. Why are you going on and on about Batman being an important role? Do you know something we don't?

Fat4all

Banned
any chance a gamerunner could post a new vote tally/post count list whenever you can get a moment?

I'd like to look over it one more time before giving some reads.

batsnacks

As an extra aside, I excused it on a first read because of newbieness but I should point it out anyway. Why are you going on and on about Batman being an important role? Do you know something we don't?

Fat4all

Banned
Terrabyte seems very uneven in their play so far, I dunno how they could be read as town so easily. They voted for Lifeline in their first post, but has since done nothing to try and debate or argue points with Lifeline in any real sense. When this was touched upon, Terra responded with:

Lifeline hasn't posted enough for me to truely say one way or the other. I picked him to add pressure and see where it goes.

But Lifeline has been fairly active in this early game. Terra says he wants to put pressure on Lifeline, but the only pressure he's put on them is a single vote and nothing else. No questioning him, no nothing.

Terrabyte's other posts are basically nothing, musings about the futility of reads and speculations on day one, so nothing really to pull from or work with at all.

Fat4all

Banned
it might also be possible both Terrabyte and Lifeline are mafia, and the vote was just a vague cover to separate them in our minds.

but if it was that, it seems like a rather weak play

franconp

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kalor (3)
batsnacks 140
*Splinter 235
SexyFish 289

SexyFish (3)
Timeaisis 207
Sorian 287
Dr. Worm 318

Lifeline (1)
Terrabyte20xx 214

StarSketch (1)
Natiko 232

Sorian (1)
Faddy 98

Timeaisis (0): Sorian 78 287, SexyFish 270 289

acohrs (1): Lifeline 173 216
Lifeline 374

No active vote for Day 1: AbsolutBro, acohrs, Fat4all, Fireblend, Kalor, Mazre, MickD, Nudull, Royal_Flush, StarSketch, That Dude John, TheWorthyEdge, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 1 ends:
red_1492988400.png

13 votes for majority

acohrs

Want to hear more from some of the experienced players.

Vote: Mazre

Maz, what do you think of the game right now? Who's rubbing you the right way and who just gives you sad endings?

batsnacks

Do we need to talk about departing game mechanics and flavor again?
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume batman is a good role in this game, or that newbie X might think that is important. Batman isn't what's wrong with Lifeline's reads imo.

Dr. Worm

Banned
This made me laugh out loud, and reread lifeline'a post. If dr worm is batman why not vot for batman?
TBH I'm surprised I haven't been voted yet by anyone

(I'll try to be more substantive substantive in a bit, on mobile)

Shouldn't a crucial PR be prioritized over an acorn?

batsnacks

Terrabyte seems very uneven in their play so far, I dunno how they could be read as town so easily. They voted for Lifeline in their first post, but has since done nothing to try and debate or argue points with Lifeline in any real sense. When this was touched upon, Terra responded with:

But Lifeline has been fairly active in this early game. Terra says he wants to put pressure on Lifeline, but the only pressure he's put on them is a single vote and nothing else. No questioning him, no nothing.

Terrabyte's other posts are basically nothing, musings about the futility of reads and speculations on day one, so nothing really to pull from or work with at all.
His first posts were cynical, at the time his Lifeline vote looked bad but he was engaging when Lifeline reappeared and I can see a town agenda w/ trying to figure out Lifeline. I don't think there is a reason to unvote Lifeline right now when he voted for pressure before.

I guess this is sort of a response to acohrs too

I'm also kind of on the Kalor wagon right now.

But why he hasnt posted in at least a 50 post page? What is making you drive to that wagon station?

it might also be possible both Terrabyte and Lifeline are mafia, and the vote was just a vague cover to separate them in our minds.

but if it was that, it seems like a rather weak play

These posts make a lot more sense when I read them together. I was about to respond to the top one, but having both makes a response easier.

Of terra and lifeline who do you think is playing "harder", not scum or town just "harder". I completely agree that there is something fishy about the vote, but I can't pinpoint what

Kalor

There's a couple of players I could put a vote on but I'll go with Terra for now. Other people have posted less and been more vague than him but he has a lot of general mechanical talk or observations. He also threw out a vote and has barely went back to it.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

franconp

Day 1 Postcount so far

Terrabyte20xx 10
MickD 0
Fat4all 31
StarSketch 5
Verelios 9
AbsolutBro 9
*Splinter 11
TheWorthyEdge 0 Will be replaced
Royal_Flush 4
Lifeline 17
Dr. Worm 24
Faddy 34
Timeaisis 12
Nudull 5
SexyFish 18
batsnacks 24
Kalor 9
Fireblend 16
That Dude John 3
acohrs 28
Mazre 5
Zippedpinhead 5
Sorian 39
Natiko 29

Remember the 10 post minimum rule.

Deadline is:

red_1492988400.png

Terrabyte20xx

There's a couple of players I could put a vote on but I'll go with Terra for now. Other people have posted less and been more vague than him but he has a lot of general mechanical talk or observations. He also threw out a vote and has barely went back to it.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx
I'll be passive aggressive here and mention how it's funny that vote comes down AFTER a couple of people start to mention me.

Kalor

I'll be passive aggressive here and mention how it's funny that vote comes down AFTER a couple of people start to mention me.

Fat4all's post was what made me look at you in the first place. Zipped posted while I was writing my vote up so I didn't realise he mentioned you as well until after I posted.

Verelios

I initially didn't care when Kalor did it, but we did just have a half page of back and forth on answering questions on other's behalf and don't believe you weren't aware.
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume batman is a good role in this game, or that newbie X might think that is important. Batman isn't what's wrong with Lifeline's reads imo.
Sure, that's a fair speculation.

Fat4all

Banned
Of terra and lifeline who do you think is playing "harder", not scum or town just "harder". I completely agree that there is something fishy about the vote, but I can't pinpoint what

Lifeline is playing harder for sure.

They're getting some day-one bruises because of it.

Terrabyte20xx

Fat4all's post was what made me look at you in the first place. Zipped posted while I was writing my vote up so I didn't realise he mentioned you as well until after I posted.
That maybe true, but it doesn't change why I find that suspicious:

If you're scum, you're looking for someone else's targets to leave off of.

If town, you're too disinterested to think about people independently.

Neither cases look good to me.

Kalor

That maybe true, but it doesn't change why I find that suspicious:

If you're scum, you're looking for someone else's targets to leave off of.

If town, you're too disinterested to think about people independently.

Neither cases look good to me.

It's not that I'm disinterested. More that that's not many people I'm willing to vote right now. You stuck out when I looked at your posts so I'm voting for you for now.

Lifeline

Can you even find one post where I'm defended Fireblend? I've done it "a lot" so you must be able to find one right? Because I'm not really sure I have.

Nothing too obvious, but lots of subtle things like #217 and #236

Both posts seem to be there to boost Fireblend's rep and get town to trust him.

Isn't the whole point of this game to kill Batman?

This made me laugh out loud, and reread lifeline'a post. If dr worm is batman why not vot for batman?

Because everything relies on Acorns being mafia. Dr. Worm being Batman doesn't confirm the rest of my list. But Acorns being mafia confirms i was reading all the connections correctly. If Acorns is Mafia we can start going after the others on my list next.

Timeaisis

But why he hasnt posted in at least a 50 post page? What is making you drive to that wagon station?

Dunno, just my general feeling is all. Still doesn't seem like he's doing much in the way of content, although he has voted Terra now, a fellow low contributor.

We need more action here.

Fat4all

Banned
Kalor started out the game in a rather blasé way, shrugging off Sorian while at the same time saying they would of condemned them but decided against it and instead opting for someone else to take up arms (a contradiction of sorts pointed out by batsnacks). It comes across more as wanting to play both sides of Sorian as a player, almost like a backhanded compliment of liking their point but saying someone else should take it to task. This was still very early in the day, and I have some doubts that Kalor would be so careless as to make such a strange convolution of expressions right from the gate.

But I find it very odd that Kalor has allowed such a small and easily correctable 'blunder' to build up to the point of possible lynching. Kalor blames a certain level of disinterest in the day-one debate (which isn't too unusual) as well as having to work on other project outside the game.

So at this point I see Kalor neutrally, but I feel like it wouldn't take too much for them to get lynched if nothing else interesting in terms of debate pops up from now till the days end, and I doubt I'd find reason to try and defend them in that case. Not my fight.

thoughts on SexyFish soonish

Fat4all

Banned
how the heck cant you lot spell acohrs right?

i was blasted drunk last night and still spelled it right on my phone

Terrabyte20xx

Nothing too obvious, but lots of subtle things like #217 and #236

Both posts seem to be there to boost Fireblend's rep and get town to trust him.

Isn't the whole point of this game to kill Batman?

Because everything relies on Acorns being mafia. Dr. Worm being Batman doesn't confirm the rest of my list. But Acorns being mafia confirms i was reading all the connections correctly. If Acorns is Mafia we can start going after the others on my list next.

I think town should put the pressure on Acorns.
Your conviction is commendable.

Heh. We've got time, I'll humor you.

VOTE: Acohrs

Top Bottom