• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Nudull

Banned
Crap, gonna be at least four people down by the end of this round. At this point, I can only try and find something in all this mess.

Fat4all

Banned
I was given no stipulation that I can't address it, but I don't see much to gain by talking in-depth about it either. It has to be in all my posts or I die.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

It doesn't do anything else to you, just forces you to have that line in your post?

Natiko

Banned
Just so you know, I made my vote having not seen your vote yet. Also, I posted my reasoning for voting Terra in several posts (as well as discussing it with them), maybe look back through my post history after voting Terra a little closer.

I have no scruples in saying I was also considering a vote for Lifeline from around the time I voted Terra until the end of the day, but I decided to stick with Terra in the end.
I'm not accusing you of copying my vote. My point was my vote for Terra was criticized at length. You explained your vote but were never really challenged on it to any great extent while at the same time openly saying you weren't really married to it. You mention that you decided to just stick with Terra - what influenced that decision? You were watching closely and were aware a tie was possible - did that not concern you?

did Natiko get hit with sommit?
Nah I just started a Retro fan club. Members: Me.
I got cursed and must do this in every post or die.

Verelios

Appears to me like Kalor was hit by a vig or SK (unluckily on day 1) since Scum should've had no problems letting us spin our wheels today trying to lynch him while they went for Splinter.

Other than that, I'm curious if MickD is going to continue his 10 post frenzy from yesterday and then ghost us.

Natiko

Banned
Are curse-inflicters (?) typically mafia or town? I've glimpsed these, but don't play a ton of forum mafia.
I think town? As a scum power it would be very weak and also risky to use in the case of trackers or anything. Though I guess it could lead to an extra death so maybe that's shortsighted.

It doesn't do anything else to you, just forces you to have that line in your post?
Yep. Just the line and the chance of death if I fail. Let's hope I don't copy something awkward in the future and paste that instead! Could end up dead AND embarrassed in one fell swoop.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Like Natiko just said too, why? If Kalor is a contender for lynch target, why not just leave him there to get lynched and kill someone who town is trusting?

I went pretty hard on people trying to lynch him yesterday due to none of them seemingly having any good reason to do so

What I don't get is why mafia would have a vendetta against him, unless they somehow knew about his commuting (outside of some hidden mixed-alignment chat, I'm drawing a blank here)

I think town? As a scum power it would be very weak and also risky to use in the case of trackers or anything. Though I guess it could lead to an extra death so maybe that's shortsighted.]

could I get an answer from someone not you? thanks

Appears to me like Kalor was hit by a vig or SK (unluckily on day 1) since Scum should've had no problems letting us spin our wheels today trying to lynch him while they went for Splinter.

I know vigs aren't supposed to fire on N1, but SKs shouldn't care unless they're trying to blend in as one, right?

would suggest that our Vig/SK is probably less experienced, especially if they're a vig

Verelios

I think town? As a scum power it would be very weak and also risky to use in the case of trackers or anything. Though I guess it could lead to an extra death so maybe that's shortsighted.

Yep. Just the line and the chance of death if I fail. Let's hope I don't copy something awkward in the future and paste that instead! Could end up dead AND embarrassed in one fell swoop.

I've usually seen curse inflicters end up as neutral though with each curse being necessary for their win con.

Fat4all

Banned
You mention that you decided to just stick with Terra - what influenced that decision? You were watching closely and were aware a tie was possible - did that not concern you?

A small back and forth I had earlier in the day, where I briefly considered moving my vote off of Terra after he said he was gonna to have his spot replaced if he wasn't voted out. I decided to stick with Terra because I'm not a fan of being wishy-washy with how I vote towards the end of the day, and since it was a gut feeling over Lifeline initially. If there wasn't the end-day scramble and it looked like there would be a tie, I still wouldn't of changed my vote to Lifeline.

Verelios

I know vigs aren't supposed to fire on N1, but SKs shouldn't care unless they're trying to blend in as one, right?

would suggest that our Vig/SK is probably less experienced, especially if they're a vig
That, and he was the person under most suspicion at day end, maybe they just wanted to kill the guiltiest party available which is bananas

Nudull

Banned

Other than that, I'm curious if MickD is going to continue his 10 post frenzy from yesterday and then ghost us.

Inactivity seems to be rearing it's head on this game (myself included, unfortunately, though RL stuff got in the way in my case). Could very well be noobish behavior at play, scum or otherwise.

Faddy

Banned
You guys sniff around what inactive or annoying player you want to hit. I'll continue hunting scum.

VOTE: Natiko

Flame_AC

Does anyone wanna know who I think is scummy since I just joined the game? I'm surprised no one's already tried to get me to say something regarding it. ;)

Also, I don't think the speculation about Natiko's curse is gonna get us anywhere, at least not today. Not saying this to try and stop people from talking, but I think we'd be better off talking about other people.

Natiko

Banned
A small back and forth I had earlier in the day, where I briefly considered moving my vote off of Terra after he said he was gonna to have his spot replaced if he wasn't voted out. I decided to stick with Terra because I'm not a fan of being wishy-washy with how I vote towards the end of the day, and since it was a gut feeling over Lifeline initially. If there wasn't the end-day scramble and it looked like there would be a tie, I still wouldn't of changed my vote to Lifeline.
An interesting stance. I believe you mentioned early if a no lynch should be considered given it's role madness so I can't fault your consistency I guess, even if I do think a no lynch would have been very negative for us given today we may have just gone right back to a repeat of D1.

Fat4all

Banned
An interesting stance. I believe you mentioned early if a no lynch should be considered given it's role madness so I can't fault your consistency I guess, even if I do think a no lynch would have been very negative for us given today we may have just gone right back to a repeat of D1.

I brought it up for consideration and agreed that it would be the wrong decision to make like five posts later.

I dunno what kinda of lines you are trying to draw here.

Natiko

Banned
I brought it up for consideration and agreed that it would be the wrong decision to make like five posts later.

I dunno what kinda of lines you are trying to draw here.
I was saying your indifference to a no lynch fit with your early day thinking, but thanks for correcting me and pointing out that it in fact does not make any sense.

Verelios

Inactivity seems to be rearing it's head on this game (myself included, unfortunately, though RL stuff got in the way in my case). Could very well be noobish behavior at play, scum or otherwise.
I mean...I would hope inactivity isn't a problem since you're required 10 posts a day phase. Unless explicitly looking to toe the line is what they want
but would a scum act that way consistently?

would seem like a scum trying to be outed
Why not? The rationale being that scum would never do something so blatant works in his favor. He can shit post 10 times this amount and have one moment of clarity a day to vote with people defending him on principle when we get too near lylo.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm going to be real Splinter. That little soft claim is exactly the thing I'd do if I either had an important role and wanted scum off my case or if I was scum and wanted to get early excuse in on why I am still alive.

Mystery solved, it looks like - whether town lynched him looking at a scumtell or mafia shot him looking for a major role, the claim would've worked either way

Which would probably imply that he's the mafia death? unless we have a bad vig

Verelios

who was the person under most suspicion?

I didn't think it was either of last night's deaths?
With regards to Lifeline being town and Terra jumping out after him I'd say the person under most suspicion would be Kalor or Acohrs just based on votes.

Catching up, so natiko you have to post that line every time or you die? Got it.

I'm thinking Kalor was the scum kill honestly. He was right in the mix with votes, but also voted for both players. Sure he came in third, but so did batsnacks and natiko.

normally I would say that scum was hiding in the last half hour vote fest, but those people are all dead and cursed now except Sorian, Dr worm, star sketch and terra/flame.

Fat4all

Banned
Splinter being killed is a bit hard to parse. They were interested on getting votes off of Terra and Lifeline to an extent before the end of the day, but settled on voting for Lifeline in the end, having previously voted on Natiko, Kalor and me. They also showed favor in a vote for Dr Worm towards the end of the day, but pointed out its futility.

Natiko

Banned
Catching up, so natiko you have to post that line every time or you die? Got it.

I'm thinking Kalor was the scum kill honestly. He was right in the mix with votes, but also voted for both players. Sure he came in third, but so did batsnacks and natiko.

normally I would say that scum was hiding in the last half hour vote fest, but those people are all dead and cursed now except Sorian, Dr worm, star sketch and terra/flame.
I'm more inclined to think scum were just sitting by. I highly doubt Flame is scum given what Terra attempted at day end. If that assumption is correct then we know it was a Town v Town day end. What would scum care about the result? In that instance the worst case scenario for them is a tie, but they know generally people work to avoid this.

I'm more inclined to think scum were just sitting by. I highly doubt Flame is scum given what Terra attempted at day end. If that assumption is correct then we know it was a Town v Town day end. What would scum care about the result? In that instance the worst case scenario for them is a tie, but they know generally people work to avoid this.

Exactly, normally day 1 end is scum leading town down the primrose path to ruin. And i would say that most of those left are likely town

Natiko

Banned
Exactly, normally day 1 end is scum leading town down the primrose path to ruin. And i would say that most of those left are likely town
Oh whoops, sorry I misread your post a bit. Then we're at least conceptually on the same page in that regard.

Flame_AC

I'll do a little bit, just who made an impression on me.

In reading through the thread, AbsolutBro has seemingly flown under the radar, at least on Day 1. However, every time they posted I agreed with them, which I found really weird. For that reason I'll lean town as they made some of the same observations/thoughts that I had in looking at Day 1. I think Fireblend is town, but that's more on a gut feeling than anything else.

I didn't really put too much thought into the stuff Sorian was saying (I read it all though), as it seemed like how I've seen him play before, both town/scum. I figured that today and potentially later would be better to observe than standard day 1 playbook. My favorite thing of the day was the brief attempt at a batsnacks train, would loved for more people to hop on that for a longer time to see where it would have gone. Similar to Sorian's play, at least to me in terms of activity, is Faddy.

A few things he said gave me pause and I feel like he might be scum? I mean it was day one so its not that much to go on, but I just have that feeling. (Agreeing with AbsolutBro again :\ ) I liked what Fireblend said on 676 about his play. Sidenote that Faddy wanted to lynch Natiko after they gave a scum read on him. For now:

Vote: Faddy

Also on my not like list: Time, Natiko (this might seem hypocritical, but out of the two of them I choose Faddy first), and Zipped.

I thought Lifeline's 747 post was pretty funny, given the opportunity to pick one of three people and manages to pick none of them.

Why would scum want that though? Just makes it more likely we'll pick them out. Gafia 3 is a great example of why it's good for scum to leave the other lynch candidates alive for another day.
Conversely, why not just let discussion center around Kalor today and take out someone else? Conversation from the start could also mean a scum target comes into view.
Like Natiko just said too, why? If Kalor is a contender for lynch target, why not just leave him there to get lynched and kill someone who town is trusting?
Like I said, just a gut feeling. It was a N1 kill, so it's not like a lot of trust had been really built up during D1. This is especially true if only town were suspicious of Kalor (which scum would know), as it renders any D1 discussion about him moot. By killing him they also prevent him from talking his way out; they didn't know his role, for all the knew it was powerful. By killing him they mitigate that risk. A player not on the chopping block is less likely to spill anything they may have learned anyway.

Ascetic is easier though since you are just getting "no result" instead of a wrong result.
Fair enough. Though IME even that can be tricky, since you might not always have a frame of reference. See: Bronx the ascetic in whatever game that was.

Faddy

Banned
I'll do a little bit, just who made an impression on me.

In reading through the thread, AbsolutBro has seemingly flown under the radar, at least on Day 1. However, every time they posted I agreed with them, which I found really weird. For that reason I'll lean town as they made some of the same observations/thoughts that I had in looking at Day 1. I think Fireblend is town, but that's more on a gut feeling than anything else.

I didn't really put too much thought into the stuff Sorian was saying (I read it all though), as it seemed like how I've seen him play before, both town/scum. I figured that today and potentially later would be better to observe than standard day 1 playbook. My favorite thing of the day was the brief attempt at a batsnacks train, would loved for more people to hop on that for a longer time to see where it would have gone. Similar to Sorian's play, at least to me in terms of activity, is Faddy.

A few things he said gave me pause and I feel like he might be scum? I mean it was day one so its not that much to go on, but I just have that feeling. (Agreeing with AbsolutBro again :\ ) I liked what Fireblend said on 676 about his play. Sidenote that Faddy wanted to lynch Natiko after they gave a scum read on him. For now:

Vote: Faddy

Also on my not like list: Time, Natiko (this might seem hypocritical, but out of the two of them I choose Faddy first), and Zipped.

I thought Lifeline's 747 post was pretty funny, given the opportunity to pick one of three people and manages to pick none of them.

Yeah lynch the guy who was trying to change the thread away from a pair of town trains. If I were scum why would I even bother.

SexyFish

Banned
Kalor attempts to get a MickD vote going before the end.

If MickD's actions are as competent at he's posting, I wouldn't put it past him to kill Kalor.

Always the chance he's playing dumb, though.

Natiko

Banned
Yeah lynch the guy who was trying to change the thread away from a pair of town trains. If I were scum why would I even bother.
Says the guy that attacked me over a Mazre vote. So much hypocrisy in your statements. Just like how you originally voted for me for "piggybacking" off Kalor's (completely different reasoned) vote on Terra only to then later piggyback Sorian yourself to try and attack my Mazre vote. There was a glut of posts after Terra tried to buddy up to Lifeline calling it scummy and I wasn't the only one to vote him based on it, I was just the first. You're either tunneling or pushing an agenda.

Flame_AC

Because of what you just said, if you were scum you could come out of it looking good by saying, oh look 'Im getting the vote away from two townies, arent I great!'.

Sorian

Banned
Are curse-inflicters (?) typically mafia or town? I've glimpsed these, but don't play a ton of forum mafia.

Could be either. Off the top of my head this power was town in election mafia and scum in night vale. It's been in other games too and was even neutral on persona I think?

Mystery solved, it looks like - whether town lynched him looking at a scumtell or mafia shot him looking for a major role, the claim would've worked either way

Which would probably imply that he's the mafia death? unless we have a bad vig

I completely forgot Splinter softed a role claim. So yeah, I'm still with my gut here.

---

Meant to quote Faddy too. Double lynch days are the perfect day for one policy lynch and one "I hope this is scum" lynch so there is nothing wrong with both conversations happening.

Mazre

Not particularly alignment indicative. I think we've had examples of both in various games here at GAF. We may be able to posit some things about the user or their targets later but for now we can't do much with it. My gut assumption would be town in this instance, based on a weak notion that a curse sounds more arkham resident than batfam, but that's not very reliable.

Mazre

Still early in the phase but I still kind of like Dr. Worm for scum. I'll probably review his d1 posts again before dropping a vote though.

I also think the following 2 sets of players are worth a deeper look.

Remaining players who voted for Terra/Flame - Fat4All, SexyFish, Acohrs, and Verelios
Players who didn't vote for either Lifeline or Terra (and weren't absent)- Faddy, Fireblend, AbsolutBro, MickD, (and myself, though obviously that's an effort for someone else)

Faddy

Banned
Says the guy that attacked me over a Mazre vote. So much hypocrisy in your statements. Just like how you originally voted for me for "piggybacking" off Kalor's (completely different reasoned) vote on Terra only to then later piggyback Sorian yourself to try and attack my Mazre vote. There was a glut of posts after Terra tried to buddy up to Lifeline calling it scummy and I wasn't the only one to vote him based on it, I was just the first. You're either tunneling or pushing an agenda.

I attacked you for your Terra vote, not Mazre.

Just to recap it for you Nat. Kalor was the top scum read at the time when Terra started being stupid with Lifeline making him suspicious. You then quickly followed in behind Kalor's vote hoping the two players already under suspicion would take the heat.

It was a very sly and safe vote. Fat4All did the same thing

Because of what you just said, if you were scum you could come out of it looking good by saying, oh look 'Im getting the vote away from two townies, arent I great!'.

Sorry for not being an idiot on day 1.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Kalor attempts to get a MickD vote going before the end.

If MickD's actions are as competent at he's posting, I wouldn't put it past him to kill Kalor.

Always the chance he's playing dumb, though.

I could buy this as MickD being vig, tbh - MickD had a vote on Kalor left at the end, though I guess that's due to not showing up

whether or not that would prompt killing him on the basis of assuming he'd only flip towns, idk

Sorian

Banned
Still early in the phase but I still kind of like Dr. Worm for scum. I'll probably review his d1 posts again before dropping a vote though.

I also think the following 2 sets of players are worth a deeper look.

Remaining players who voted for Terra/Flame - Fat4All, SexyFish, Acohrs, and Verelios
Players who didn't vote for either Lifeline or Terra (and weren't absent)- Faddy, Fireblend, AbsolutBro, MickD, (and myself, though obviously that's an effort for someone else)

Out of curiosity, why is the list that voted for Terra/Flame interesting and not the list that voted for Lifeline? Lifeline is the known quantity in the equation, just because I have a heavy hunch on Flame doesn't mean he can be treated as 100%.

Mazre

Out of curiosity, why is the list that voted for Terra/Flame interesting and not the list that voted for Lifeline? Lifeline is the known quantity in the equation, just because I have a heavy hunch on Flame doesn't mean he can be treated as 100%.

Size and shoddy statistics. 8 players left on that list versus 4 on each of the other lists. If scum try to spread out (not guaranteed) easier to hit a needle in a smaller haystack. Not ruling anything out but I need to start somewhere even if that means a few faulty assumptions.

Top Bottom