• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Did the trial first time (except esper kill). Megaflare is annoying as hell but otherwise was a fairly comfortable clear.

SeanTSC

First try using Cecil, Refia, Y'shtola, Orlandeau, and Friendlandu.

veGthvu.png

Just whittled his health down at the end with the Excalibur-equipped Orlandeaus (the 80% light resist worked in my favor) and finished him off with Shiva when there was nothing left on the bar. Was pretty easy with 3 Dualcast Healers and both Refia and Y'shtola could eat Megaflares without Guarding if needed.

Alkez

Any general tips? I tried and got wiped in one round.

The team I ran was my usual squad without a tank:

Refia
Ling
Aileen
Ramza
Addie's Marie

I didn't really do anything special. Heroes Rime, Love You All, Double Curaja, and Piledriver were my default moves. Ling played support and filled in where needed (aoe raise, mp regen, and occasional breaks).

I think the general tips I can give are:

• According to the wiki he's 80% resistant to light so do not use Excalibur
  • All of my units had over 6k health except Addies' Marie who has 100+% resistance on all relevant elements
  • Aoe raise was key for me. Refia would live megaflare even when not defending, and Ling could survive is she defended so she could aoe raise followed by double curaja
  • He doesn't normal attack much so don't bother with a tank

Thanks, Alkez.

I actually managed to beat him easily on my 2nd try. Went in with Cecil, Setzer, Yun, Refia, and Marie. Got everything but the esper reward.

Used my two tickets: Shera and Galuf. FFS!!

Alkez

Thanks, Alkez.

I actually managed to beat him easily on my 2nd try. Went in with Cecil, Setzer, Yun, Refia, and Marie. Got everything but the esper reward.

Used my two tickets: Shera and Galuf. FFS!!

Ah nice one, congrats (on the clear, not the pulls haha).

I think the fight is alright once you know what you're doing/what to expect. The wiki had the guide up pretty quickly so I had it open as I played.

Kouriozan

Free summon :

Day 1 - Shine (New!)

EDIT : I see the Bahamut trial has Light resist, so Global already started the "we put Light resist on everything because Orlandeau is too OP" heh, a little sooner than I think it would.

I feel like 4 stars have gotten so much harder to get since Christmas, too many tickets trying to get Zyrus. Finally I can give Exdeath a break.

Syntsui

No reason not to use Orlandu with Excalibur, it's actually better because you build Esper Gauge quickly. The trial is very simple.

Free summon, daily and 5 tix. Got the Mage so I'm happy with that. Rest was sellable trash. Raid is laughably easy and Trial wasn't really bad other than the first turn when I didn't realize he was doing Megaflare. Thankfully I recovered and beat his shit in.

Menchi

Is anyone able to equip a 900+ Orlando with Ifrit for a mall while? I'm trying to finish Dark Ifrit/Siren but always 5% short of killing Ifrit with chain as no Beast Killer bonus. Would be super appreciated!

Rixa

I feel like 4 stars have gotten so much harder to get since Christmas, too many tickets trying to get Zyrus. Finally I can give Exdeath a break.

For sure. I've literally only had 2 on banner 4* this year. Ling and Shine.

Yeah. This just means I won't get Rikku. Getting multiple golds aint the problem. Getting banner gold unit is the problem. Fairly sure they have rarity system in goldies, just like they had in Blues before crystal change.

Kouriozan

Looks like my unbuffed Refia with 5058 HP can survive the Megaflare without guarding.

gve6jeh.png

EDIT : My Dual Cast #2 is at 98%, I'll finish that and put it on Cecil for extra safety.

across

If your Orlandeux are properly geared you don't need to break or buff for ELT at all. Huh.

Feel like it's gonna be a lot harder to stay in a good bracket for the rankings here than it was for Ifrit...

Rixa

If your Orlandeux are properly geared you don't need to break or buff for ELT at all. Huh.

Feel like it's gonna be a lot harder to stay in a good bracket for the rankings here than it was for Ifrit...

Yeah. Brute force your way thru Raid, equip attack party.
For me ELT dies in 2 turns.

SeanTSC

Whelp, smoked some Space Queen and decided to say Fuck It in the FFBE Discord and blow my 5 Tickets.

Kain
Kefka
Kain
Guy
Blue-Gold-Rainbow... REBERTA!

Woooooooooo.

Now I can use these event Moogles from the coin pull lol.

Raid and trial done.

Noct Tank
My 2x Orlandu
Trance Terra
Refia

Raid- 1 shot
Trial took 3 or 4 turns because outside of Refia, Noct, and 1 Orlandu the others were 5k hp and he'd kill them with aoe so I had to full life different units with Noct, Refia and TT numerous times.

Will do it again for a clean more refined run, just wanted to get it done before work.

Free summon....Aiden. I'm ok with that.

Doctor_No

Whelp, smoked some Space Queen and decided to say Fuck It in the FFBE Discord and blow my 5 Tickets.

Kain
Kefka
Kain
Guy
Blue-Gold-Rainbow... REBERTA!

Woooooooooo.

Now I can use these event Moogles from the coin pull lol.

Very nice. Gz!!!

My personal favorite sprite in the game, and you get her TM for free by doing this event.

Celegus

Free was yet another Snow, daily Cecil and ticket Zidane. Raid is super easy for now, wonder how high of a level we'll get this one to!

Alkez

I've only just had a chance to look over the ability enhancements. Man Garnet's are really nice. That Curuja buff + what she eventually gets at 6* makes me really want to consider using her.

What are people currently using on their healers: Equip H Shield + Force Shield or an extra HP +15/30%?

Edit: Just did some quick math. It seems, at least in my setup, that 5* Garnet after enhancements heals 550 more than 6* Refia.

Kouriozan

I'm currently doing it and those summon orb just refuse to drop and I'm nearing 40%
Argh those missions are really the worst, Garnet 6* pls Gumi.

Kouriozan

On Reddit "you'll have your summon gauge ready at 50% easily", yeah...
5+ turns in a row without orbs.

4CzjUlRl.jpg
lMKuTaBl.jpg

At least it is done! Was really easy since he never used Megaflare at <40%, I never was in danger.

Rixa

What are people currently using on their healers: Equip H Shield + Force Shield or an extra HP +15/30%?

Edit: Just did some quick math. It seems, at least in my setup, that 5* Garnet after enhancements heals 550 more than 6* Refia.

My Refia with Carbuncle. Arsha's Talismans are still in the works:
Screenshot_20170512-165210.png
Screenshot_20170512-165203.png

On Reddit "you'll have your summon gauge ready at 50% easily", yeah...
5+ turns in a row without orbs.

4CzjUlRl.jpg
lMKuTaBl.jpg

At least it is done! Was really easy since he never used Megaflare at <40%, I never was in danger.

Screenshot_20170512-141138.png

Yeah, not sure I want to do it again :D. Boyband doing the work, screw the esper summons (Thats the Raid ELT).
Trial was done with Cecil (death weight), Refia, Noctis, Noctis, Marie. Marie being MVP.

Honestly, she's probably just going to sit in my unit list not doing much. ><
Grats, maybe someday we have Dragon fight where you need one (when killers are fixed).

Alkez

Raid coins only stack to 9999. Annoying. Time to clear some space.

Honestly, she's probably just going to sit in my unit list not doing much. ><

Well, at least you got an awesome spear and one of the best neutral weapons in the game.

Xion86

My Refia with Carbuncle. Arsha's Talismans are still in the works:

Oh you reminded me to pick up the Cat-ear Hood for my Refia! Also, do you not have a Magi Staff for her yet? Also I'm currently equipping the "Equip H Shield" ability with an Aegis Shield for extra Def and Spr there.

Well that's the Trial out the way! :) a lot easier than previous ones, as long as Refia survives each round. I used Refia, Noctis, Orlandeau, Y's and Ling (with friend Orlandeau)

cbCjRa7l.png

But I have a question regarding the Olandeau that I will be sharing for you guys...

Which of the following will be a better weapon / ability combo?

Setup A
Weapons: Genji Blade / Sakurafubuki
Abilities: Dual Wield / Quick Assault / Blade Mastery / Dragon Killer
Attack: 761

Setup B
Weapons: Genji Blade / Excalibur
Abilities: Dual Wield / Large Sword Mastery / Blade Mastery / Dragon Killer
Attack: 897

(Sigh, I really want a Genji Glove :()

B will have the resist but way more attack. I'm not sure how this compares to A when doing something like Divine Ruination. I'm also not sure how much extra damage the Dragon Killer does.

Thoughts?

Alkez

Which of the following will be a better weapon / ability combo?

Setup A
Weapons: Genji Blade / Sakurafubuki
Abilities: Dual Wield / Quick Assault / Blade Mastery / Dragon Killer
Attack: 761

Setup B
Weapons: Genji Blade / Excalibur
Abilities: Dual Wield / Large Sword Mastery / Blade Mastery / Dragon Killer
Attack: 987

B will have the resist but way more attack. I'm not sure how this compares to A when doing something like Divine Ruination. I'm also not sure how much extra damage the Dragon Killer does.

Thoughts?

The latter for sure. Only the trial version resists light as far as I know, so for regular Raid farming it's fine.

Yea, this is a welcome event. I just finished off my first Gugnir and Equip H Armor.

Hoping I get enough to finish off Zyrus. I of course got Reberta moogles. Certainly hope I pull her.

Kind of bummed none of the characters are in the raid rewards or gacha this time.

Alkez

My Refia with Carbuncle. Arsha's Talismans are still in the works

Ah, I didn't think of melody of life. 6* Garnet after JP enhancements has 30% resist all, so with it she would be at 50% all elements, +/-50 for esper, and then minerva + cat ear hood.

Crap, the "987" was supposed to be "897" :p. But I'll share that build for you all then.

I was thinking that was an insane difference haha.

Pejo

Ugh, did a few 10+1s this morning, hoping for Reberta.

1 rainbow - my 4th fucking Luneth. God dammit.

I have 4 luneths and 3 Delitas now. Enough Gumi, enough.

Xion86

What's a good group for talking out Bahamut in the event? What's a good way to deal with MegaFlare? Just defend?

Do you have Refia, Y's, Ling, Noctis or Orlandeau? You could try use a friend Orlandeau, at least 2 healers and your top heavy hitters. Defend didn't help much with me, you just have to close your eyes and hope for the best. Usually Refia was the one that survived for me, his other moves were hit or miss, sometimes a lot of the team survived, othertimes quite a few died. But I was always able to keep going with two healers. Noctis' Full Revive helped a lot too.

Ugh, did a few 10+1s this morning, hoping for Reberta.

1 rainbow - my 4th fucking Luneth. God dammit.

I have 4 luneths and 3 Delitas now. Enough Gumi, enough.

I'm very, very tempted to try my luck at one 11 pull. I've not done one (or used any tickets) since the Orlandeau banner. Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom