• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

mortal

Gold Member

JMcWZ7V.gif

JMS1L3G.gif

JMRtgun.png

JMRtZaS.png

JMRDyJI.png

JMRmmut.png

JM5B7Jn.png

JM5Bezx.png

JM5Czmb.png

JM5nfwJ.png

JM511Xp.png

JM51DCB.png

BATTLE

AN EVOLVED BATTLE SYSTEM

Combine strategic thinking with thrilling action combat with your party members, including newly added characters.
Deepen their relationships to unleash powerful team-based combos. Unleash devastating power on your foes with an arsenal of iconic summons.

SYNERGY ABILITIES

Powerful attacks in which two characters team up to turn the tide of battle. More abilities will unlock as you increase the party level, a numerical expression of how closely-knit your team is, and deepen the affinity between party members.
Fill the synergy gauge by using unique abilities and prepare to unleash a synchronized assault!

SUMMONS

Setting summoning materia will grant access to the power of the gods. A conjured deity will follow the player's lead and fight enemies automatically, but you can also instruct them to use special abilities.
Before they depart the battlefield, the summons will unleash one final attack powerful enough to wipe out any foe.

WORLD

As the party searches for Sephiroth, you will explore the beautiful, expansive regions of the world and open up new areas to discover.
Dig deeper into the world of FINAL FANTASY VII with rewarding side content and mini-games, plus various unique forms of transportation to navigate the world.

JMcgAa1.gif

Grasslands
The verdant countryside which borders the outskirts of Midgar is littered with modest settlements and homesteads, including Bill's chocobo ranch. Midgardsormr,
a giant serpent has reportedly laid claim to a portion of the wetlands, beyond which can be found the Mythril Mine, from where the once-prized ore was extracted and shipped to every corner of the world.

Junon Region
Where a metropolis by the same name overlooks the ocean. A symbol of Shinra’s military might. Serving as a transport hub for land, sea, and air traffic, as well as a base of operations for local mako development, this fortified city lies at the heart of the western coastline.
Shira's investment has seen it prosper in recent years, and Junon is now second only to Midgar in size. However, within Under Junon and the Crow's Nest, there are still pockets of resistance that resent Shinra and all that they stand for.

Corel Region
Massive mountains and vast deserts are the defining features of this harsh expanse. The resort town of Costa del Sol adorns its northern shore, while the Gold Saucer stands as a gilded oasis above the Dust Bowl far to the south.
While Costa del Sol draws a constant stream of travelers to the eastern shore, few are inclined to head further inland. Abandoned coal mines and the ruins of a mako reactor are among the few points of interest in the wastes outside the beachside paradise.

Gongaga Region
Within these lush jungles relatively untouched by human hands, a small community strives to live a self-sufficient existence. They cultivate several staple crops, including mushrooms, which thrive in the humid climate.
Shinra's presence is nevertheless felt, for the partially destroyed mako reactor is a constant reminder of the company's folly.

Cosmo Canyon Region
An arid expanse marked by its vivid red earth and majestic ravines, also known as the "Valley of the Fallen Star." Become one with the planet as you return to Red XIII's roots.
Known as the "sanctuary of planetology," here you can find numerous scholars dedicated to studying the planet. However, it is also populated by ascetics who have eschewed mako consumption and tourists enticed by the region's deep spirituality.
Rather than mako, the settlement itself relies on wind power. Numerous windmills dot the canyon, harnessing the gale-force winds that whistle between its walls.

Nibel Region
The Nibel Region is situated in the midwest of the western continent. It is where you can take a trip down memory lane in Cloud and Tifa's hometown, Nibelheim, or uncover the secrets that lurk within the walls of the Shinra Manor.

Meridian Ocean
The Meridian Ocean is a region that will have players explore the high seas of the world map, it is set between the two main continents that further extend exploration with the use of the "Tiny Bronco."

Northwood
The Northwood The legendary Temple of the Ancients is said to be hidden somewhere in this unexplored wilderness. As few have dared to venture into the dense forests and even fewer have returned what little can be said about it is speculation and hearsay.

JMUq77j.gif

19-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
18-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
16-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png

15-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
14-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
12-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png

11-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
08-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
07-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png

06-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
05-EN-FF7-REBIRTH-0915-PV-FIX.png
EN-03-ff7rebirth-SS-0923-world.png

EN-24-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Trailer.jpg
EN-12-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Trailer.jpg
EN-11-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Trailer.jpg

EN-08-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Minigame.jpg
EN-08-FF7-REBIRTH-Demo.jpg
EN-07-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Minigame.jpg

EN-06-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Trailer.jpg
EN-06-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Character.jpg
EN-06-FF7-REBIRTH-Demo.jpg

EN-05-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Trailer.jpg
EN-05-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Minigame.jpg
EN-05-FF7-REBIRTH-Demo.jpg

EN-04-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Battle.jpg
EN-03-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-World.jpg
EN-03-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-Battle.jpg

EN-03-FF7-REBIRTH-Demo.jpg
EN-02-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-World.jpg
EN-01-ff7rebirth-SS-0207-World.jpg

FF7-REBIRTH-SGF-11.png
FF7-REBIRTH-SGF-08.png
FF7-REBIRTH-SGF-06.png

JM8sx0g.gif

🥇OT title suggested by jshackles jshackles

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Random question, wanted peoples input.

I beat FFVIIR on PS4. I bought physical Intergrade for PS5 but never got around to playing it. So I never played the Yuffie expansion.

I want to unlock the extra materia in Rebirth and you need a save from Yuffie's DLC to do it. I was going to create a save using my Intergrade copy, but I realized the game somehow became rare and is selling for like $250+ on ebay sealed.

Do you think I should just import my PS4 copy and buy the Yuffie DLC separate so I can keep my Intergrade sealed?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How do i skip the demo level? The game loaded my save but never gave me the option to skip it.

Gamerguy84

Finally getting ready to fire it up but only for a minute. Big day at work tomorrow and I gotta be fresh.

Wish I could call off, grab a nice six pack on ice and play but Mayne Friday night for that.

sigmaZ

One thing I learned from BG3 is that turning off the default subtitles drastically improves immersion so I recommend others do the same.
The only annoying thing in this game is how they dont frame the camera when talking to NPCs. I really wish they'd stop doing that as it totally kills the immersion for me.

nowhat

Put a few hours in after midnight, will continue after going to the office soon (they made me come there in person - oh the humanity). I'm not a complete IQ whore, but seriously. The performance mode looks like a remaster instead of a remake. Yes I'm being hyperbolic, but still. Say what you will about Spider-Man 2, but the unlocked 40+fps mode with all the bling is where it's at, and other developers should get with the program.

Graphics aside, seems great so far.

sendit

Put a few hours in after midnight, will continue after going to the office soon (they made me come there in person - oh the humanity). I'm not a complete IQ whore, but seriously. The performance mode looks like a remaster instead of a remake. Yes I'm being hyperbolic, but still. Say what you will about Spider-Man 2, but the unlocked 40+fps mode with all the bling is where it's at, and other developers should get with the program.

Graphics aside, seems great so far.
I found playing at 30 was worse given the added motion blur. It just doesn’t feel responsive. But I do agree, 40FPS vrr mode should be the minimum.

tibia

Neo Member
Just started playing today. I see the quality and passion square put into this game but i can't get used to this kind of final fantasy gameplay. I was yawning while mindlessly spamming attacks. The shinra reactor was super boring too. Couldn't play more than an hour.

I'm going to try again of course but I'm tempted to just watch a YouTube cutscene video.

shamo42

The 30 fps mode was horrible on my Sony TV with VRR turned on. Looked like 20 fps. Much better now with VRR turned off.
Performance mode still is a blurry mess IMO.

Wasn't going to get this but am replaying FFFVII Remake and fucking loving it the second time round. Not sure why, I think I'm just more in the mood for it. Will grab this once I'm done.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Do I need yuffie dlc save or is intergrade ps5 verison of main game finished save enough to get free materia ?
I have intergrade on ps5 but never played the dlc

Markio128

I can’t wait to have an go after work. I’ll almost exclusively be playing this on the Portal, so it’ll look lush even in performance mode.

I was hoping to have completed Elden Ring before starting FF7R, but the 2nd phase of the fire giant has me beat. It’s frustrating because the 1st phase is a piece of piss. Any advice is welcome!

Do I need yuffie dlc save or is intergrade ps5 verison of main game finished save enough to get free materia ?
I have intergrade on ps5 but never played the dlc
You need a save from both the main game and the Yuffie DLC to get both of the free materia.

Remake save (PS4 or PS5) gets you Leviathan materia.

DLC save gets you Ramuh materia.

AFAIK it doesn't specify that the save has to be a completed save, so if you never touched the DLC, you could probably just play it long enough to make a save and that should work.

Last edited:

buenoblue

The 30 fps mode was horrible on my Sony TV with VRR turned on. Looked like 20 fps. Much better now with VRR turned off.
Performance mode still is a blurry mess IMO.
Yeah vrr messes up anything below 48fps. Also on my Samsung OLED VRR significantly dins HDR brightness so i just leave it off unless a game runs constantly in the 50fps range.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You need a save from both the main game and the Yuffie DLC to get both of the free materia.

Remake save (PS4 or PS5) gets you Leviathan materia.

DLC save gets you Ramuh materia.

AFAIK it doesn't specify that the save has to be a completed save, so if you never touched the DLC, you could probably just play it long enough to make a save and that should work.
Good call. I will just load it up and save. Rebirth will be here today I am so excited!

I plan to replay remake after rebirth so I will understand the visions cloud have. I never played the original.
I think I understand everything. I know the major spoiler from 7 unfortunately

The game is fucking incredible, just exploring Kalm is a joy, the hustle and bustle of NPC's who all have a lot to say, everything feels alive, gorgeous environmental detail around every corner, the god-tier music, presentation second to none. Still got that soft look in performance mode but that's the only way the play, framerate is rock solid (so far) and the game is still absolutely gorgeous more often than not, I'm over the moon right about now, don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave it at that for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom