• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Rebirth | February 6 State of Play | OT | Tifa got Bazookas

Will you watch the State of Play?

• Yes!

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • No, i don't want to spopil myself

Votes: 40 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flabagast

Its strange how after years and years of japanese devs being" risk averse", as not to say goddam money counting managers more than artists and devs (everything Konami post 2010 comes to mind), and western devs pushing innovation in gaming (cd project red before cyberpunk first launch for exemple), it seems the last few years the trend seems to be reversing, with homerun after homerun from japanese devs and lots of souless western games (although with high production values).
Its not all western games but specifically US games that are now super shit.

Most western critical hits this gen come from Europe (BG3, Alan Wake 2, CP77, Returnal) while US studios are delivering mediocre experiences at best.

But I agree Japan is currently on top, with the caveat that the excellent games they make are within decade old IPs and there are very few original work coming from there (Elden Ring being the exception)

K2D

Banned
Regarding where the demo ended. Open if you played OG FF7.

So if you complete the Nibelheim flashback in the demo you can skip it once you get the full game. But in the original there was more to the flashback with Tifa going to the reactor to get revenge on her Father (where he died has changed it seems).

Are they reserving her getting slashed by Sephiroth later in the game? Because after that Sephiroth goes into Jenova's Chamber and Cloud follows him in there for what was a fight we didn't end up seeing. Or if it actually existed due to Cloud's memory.

We won't know until we have the game in our hands, but they said

(during the in-house preview Maximilian attended)

that the demo spans "not even a 1/4th of the kalm flashback".

It's one of the best parts of the game though, so it wouldn't make sense to cut anything.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

run-steal.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Finished this demo. I have somewhat mixed feelings about the ending. Overall I had a good time and would love to play more.

Cloud moving at a snails pace all while crawling to Sephiroth killing the mayor. It felt like it could have been better played out. The only part I really liked about that finale was Sephiroth iconic stance inside the fire. The mansion bit was cool, but following 5 goofy villagers there wasn’t.

K2D

Banned
Regarding where the demo ended. Open if you played OG FF7.

So if you complete the Nibelheim flashback in the demo you can skip it once you get the full game. But in the original there was more to the flashback with Tifa going to the reactor to get revenge on her Father (where he died has changed it seems).

Are they reserving her getting slashed by Sephiroth later in the game? Because after that Sephiroth goes into Jenova's Chamber and Cloud follows him in there for what was a fight we didn't end up seeing. Or if it actually existed due to Cloud's memory.
Played the demo and it spans 2/3rds of the flashback, and then it cuts to a trailer and ends.

Pelao

I've only played FFVII in its entirety twice, so I don't remember everything in absolute detail.
I want to replay at least the parts that Rebirth covers. I remember Forgotten Capital is where Disc 1 ends (in THAT PART), but from what the trailers have shown, not counting the new additions, I don't know if they've rearranged some segments that originally went on Disc 2 and put them in Rebirth.

Top Bottom