• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 keyart revealed

Contrast this to like Outlast 2 which should have let you fight back imo because half the dudes in that game seem like they're gonna keel over on their own

Your wife and kid must have been fucking pissed.
Seriously, I had to do a double-take on that post. Two hour conversation with a stranger while wife and kid just patiently wait in car at gas station? Only on GAF.

lol... just a little... It had already been a long day but I made up for it big time. My wife generally supports and is happy with my endeavors when it comes to community outreach now though. She knew what she was getting herself into when marrying me lol.

Is something angering Nazis really enough of an outcry to be considered controversial.

Don't get me wrong, I think those people are as vile and reprehensible as they come (check my post history), but the Nazis haven't had this much of a platform and a voice since the 1940s.

It shouldn't be considered controversial. Not in the least. But somehow--in this fucked up era of American history--it is.

jdstorm

Banned
This is totally off topic, but the story in horizon hasn't hooked me. Side quests seem unintersting, and Aloy straight up felt like she was from some other planet/universe compared to the rest of the people in the game.

Because everyone else speaks in a tribalistic manner, while Aloy talks like someone you'd see in something set in modern day like LiS, GTA, etc.

It's super jarring.

Maybe I am open worlded out, but it also could be because I played Horizon after beating Persona 5... and I feel empty ever since I completed it.

Thats because Aloy essentially is. Minor early game spoilers.

She grew up alone, isolated and seperated from the Nora tribe, and with access to a focus (computer) most of Aloys conversations would be with either roost or her focus.

This combined with Roost and Aloy's advanced inteligence amongst the tribespeople and its easy to see why there is such a disconect. This disconect is something the game actually tou

Basically Horizon picks up alot past its initial area's. Stick with it. Its worth it.

Devil

I don't know, their shtick to have some '''iconic/charismatic''' villain in the centre of the game has really gotten old, feels forced and predictable.

Hell, I thought Vaas from FC3 was pretty bad and forced after a few minutes of the game. And everybody seems to love that character.

Seriously, I had to do a double-take on that post. Two hour conversation with a stranger while wife and kid just patiently wait in car at gas station? Only on GAF.

Growing up my dad had a bad habit of doing exactly this. I don't know about my mom, but I was pissed.

mcz117chief

The dream scenario is if you were to play a black catholic priest sent by the Holy See on a secret mission to exterminate this heretical cult. That would be pure awesomeness, a modern day inquisitor breaking down doors and shouting "Holy war is upon us!" while mowing down these dudes. Which reminds me I haven't played Hell's Reach in a while.

tumblr_mf1iriYhRK1ruv0clo1_500.gif

The dream scenario is if you were to play a black catholic priest sent by the Holy See on a secret mission to exterminate this heretical cult. That would be pure awesomeness, a modern day inquisitor breaking down doors and shouting "Holy war is upon us!" while mowing down these dudes. Which reminds me I haven't played Hell's Reach in a while.

As a former Catholic I do like the idea of the pope sending out his own personal hitmen

Swiggins

latest

Vaya con Dios!!!

Aretak

Seems like a pretty cool setting for a game.

The projection of people's inane political bullshit onto it less so.

DirtyLarry

Love everything about this except the fact that if you threw a flannel on me I could pass for the guy on the far left. Has a bit of a Briggsland vibe going on, which is an excellent comic book for those who do not know which I believe is being optioned for a TV series.

Swiggins

I'd at least bring up the fact this is the same company that allowed a DLC where George Washington was King of America.

Assassin-s-Creed-3-Season-Pass-Gets-Detailed-Features-Evil-George-Washington-2.jpg

I remember before AC3 came out I went to a panel for the game at Comic-Con, I was one of the last people to get a question asked during the Q&A. I remembered the Subject 16 glyph puzzles and how one of them displayed Washington having the Apple of Eden when he crossed the Delaware River.

I asked them if that was going to play any significant part in the story of AC3, the look on his face...he so badly wanted to talk about that, but he couldn't comment on it.

Pavaloo

I mean, how do they think other people feel gunning brown people/terrorists down for 10+ years in games? I'm sure Iraq is a beautiful place too.

You keep saying "country" in that post. Do you mean the United States? Do you really think that the United States is "the only thing your country is mentioned for is to either downplay it or to portray it as a place where everyone eats well done steak with ketchup"? There is no shortage of representation of every flavor of American life in pop culture.

I really can't make sense of your post. You mention Scientology. What is that in reference to? This clearly has nothing to do with celebrity-cults.

But thank you for at least expressing your point instead of just saying "Aaaand i'm already out," and adding nothing to the discourse with even a simple explanation of why. Which is the post I originally replied to.

Grief.exe

I'm excited for the trailer.

I haven't played a Far Cry game since the original when I was a kid and I haven't played a Ubisoft game in about 6 years 😵😵😵😵

:lol

I was a bit unclear there I guess, what I meant was a future civil war. Non-American here, but based on your reply, I guess civil war is THE civil war.

Another poster suggested that earlier which I never originally considered you meant, hahaha, but to be fair "Post-Civil War America" is an actual era so I took you in the literal sense.

MikeyB

I hope that the game includes the superrich preppers buying up the land. If your character was their hitman (or woman) taking out cultists or bluecollar survivalists to allow the rich to further their land aquisition, that may allow for moral ambiguity.

Top Bottom