• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Leaker - Far Cry 7 Announcement in Next 72 Hours

Roberts

Despite everything, I kind of enjoyed previous games and didn’t mind getting lost in their worlds, but I had enough by the time 6 came out and dropped it 4-5 hours into the game. Will check this one out if it does anything new which it will probably won’t.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Loved 3 and 5.

2 and 4 were decent.

6 was crap.

Can’t say i’m hyped.

I enjoyed 4 the most. 3 never clicked with me for some reason, barely played it. Loved Blood Dragon tho. Primal and New Dawn were alright too. 5 was a letdown and I just cant get into 6...

But what they’re describing sounds vastly different. I’d rather wait and see what they show before deciding.

Ubisoft has the capacity for creativity as long as they go all-in with their risks. Half-in is where they encounter heavy criticism, like Watch Dogs Legion.
I'm sure we're all for heavy change, as long as it doesn't go back to something awful like FC2's roughness.

does anyone actually get hyped for farcry games anymore?
Rcz23he.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I believe the 72 hours thingie was tied to rumors about Far Cry 7. I remember reading something that you are given 72 hours to finish your main goal

They may be also teasing that Cillian Murphy would be playing next villain. No idea what crab thing is referring towards
Think the giant enemy crab indicates that this is going to have a serious historical setting

Perrott

Gold Member
Think the giant enemy crab indicates that this is going to have a serious historical setting
That'd be sick, especially if in our character's skill tree we can unlock the ability to hit enemies in their weak points for massive damage.
Meh

You can only repeat the formula so many times before it becomes too stale.
They're literally shaking up the entire Far Cry formula with this game:
It’s understood that the next entry to the series will be a non-linear story centered around rescuing the player’s kidnapped family. It's said that the game’s plot revolves around a wealthy family that has been kidnapped by a conspiracy group currently called the ‘Sons of Truth’. The premise of the campaign is for the player to rescue their entire family within a specific time frame. Currently, the current in-game timer stands at 72 hours, or 24 hours in real-time.
Far Cry 7’s non-linear story means that family members do not need to be rescued in order, and some family members can be killed, which has an impact on the story. To find your family members, it was said that Far Cry 7 introduces a new interrogation mechanic to the game, which doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get the information you need from the enemy. Sometimes the enemy will give up the information, sometimes they’ll lie, stay quiet, or even sometimes escape, it was said.
Those changes should make for a much more open-ended and systems-driven experience, reminiscent of the creative and bold game design that characterized Far Cry 2 in comparison to its several successors.

Paperboy

Am I the only one who enjoyed the sixth installment? You should know what to expect when you start a new Far Cry game by now.

sigmaZ

The series is still a far cry from what it used to be, but I still find the gameplay good enough to warrant playthroughs. It's a nice throwaway game with tight controls for the most part.

JayK47

After what they did to 6, I am out. Pretty much seems like Ubisoft is a solid developer to avoid these days.

simpatico

If it's another reskin I've got no interest. Complete reboot or bust. Considering how fast it seems to be coming, probably another FC3 clone.

Trunim

Make far cry interesting again....which they won't. What a bore to be a developer at ubisoft.

Last edited:

baphomet

They were saying even before 6 launched that 7 was going to be the big step forward with Far Cry.

Hopefully it's true. They can't do the exact same thing again. 6 sucked and wasn't even as good as 5.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The only way I'd buy another Farcry is if they remade the first one again, I absolutely loved it back in the day, real Island of Dr Moreau feel about it

TVexperto

Fucking hate this vague leaker shit. bit of an inflated ego on display here. Either leak stuff or don't, but stop trying to turn it into a pseudo marketing campaign.

Kurotri

"Mind you, I NEVER said Cillian Murphy was going to be in the game. The image means something else."​

Embarrassing how multiple news sites like Eurogamer just ran with it like the rest of the internet.

Top Bottom