• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
hey murderers

is there any appetite for a standard mafia game (such a mini mafia)?

we've received some feedback through PM that there may be a degree of fatigue over the role madness set ups in the current season?

if there is appetite for a standard, small game, let me know so i can flag a gamerunner to launch a mini mafia for this season

THANKS U

RetroMG

tumblr_o383pjDE731tz8qg0o2_500.gif

Close the borders, I'm here for Brexit Mafia.

Bloodborne was two seasons ago, man. You're kind of late with that.

Yes, I know, you don't have to explain it.

Are the midseason games using the same dead thread as Arkaham?

No, midseason games get their own dead threads. We only combine for the main season.

SkyOdin

hey murderers

is there any appetite for a standard mafia game (such a mini mafia)?

we've received some feedback through PM that there may be a degree of fatigue over the role madness set ups in the current season?

if there is appetite for a standard, small game, let me know so i can flag a gamerunner to launch a mini mafia for this season

THANKS U
I enjoyed the mini mafia game I was part of. However, I might need a break from mafia once I am done with Pizza-Mafia, so I am not sure that I will be able to participate in this game.

cabot

giphy.gif

BREXIT MAFIA
Strong, Stable Mafia in the Crab's interest.

• 17 Players
  • Not Bastard
  • All threads outside the main thread are locked during the Day phase
  • Minimum post limit for day phases applies
  • cabot's trauma, CzarTim's joy
  • 72-hour Days, 48-hour Nights to begin

1. Crab
2. *Splinter
3. backslashbunny [NEW]
4. Kalor
5. nin1000
6. Ouro
7. Kawl_USC
8. Poltergust
9. CCS
10. Zippedpinhead
11. rac
12. zeemumu
13. kingkitty
14. Flame_AC
15. batsnacks
16. Gorlak
17. Spoiled Milk [NEW]

sub. Faddy
sub. LaunchpadMcQ
sub. oreomunsta

blu_1495704600.png

Sign-ups will continue until deadline, and if it's above 17 players, allocation will be priority-based.

New page, so re-posting.

Just think about it. With your classy British-ness and our gung-ho 'Merican attitude, we can overthrow Dictator Orange Cheeto and live in mutual prosperity

please help us escape

My four year old asked for a volcano story during bedtime today. The only one I could think of was the story of chief *splinter and the volcano of evil spirits

RetroMG

ive been around since season 3

We know, Kris, but since you haven't been around for a while, I told cabot to give you priority like you were a new player. Basically, if you haven't played for more than one season, you get priority.

My four year old asked for a volcano story during bedtime today. The only one I could think of was the story of chief *splinter and the volcano of evil spirits

I am one day going to tell BabyMG stories of Burb the Bear, Yn the Spider, and Sophia the Robot Ice Cream Princess.

Also, I didn't know you had kids. You can be part of Parent-Gafia. We should get jackets.

We should do a Twin Peaks Mafia.

Do you know what I am going to say to you now?

I am going to say that you should design it, and send me a spreadsheet. Unless someone else wants to run it for you.

I am one day going to tell BabyMG stories of Burb the Bear, Yn the Spider, and Sophia the Robot Ice Cream Princess.

Also, I didn't know you had kids. You can be part of Parent-Gafia. We should get jackets.
I have three actually, a four year old, a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I would love to be part of parent-GAFia, I'll get the grill and the margarita machine next time we have a pool party

batsnacks

I've been watching a Korean game show that mafia people might like called The Genius.

eRBrR8N.jpg

Korean celebrities meet once a week to compete in various games that test social/mental acuity.

There are excellent fan subs available here just scroll down, it's up to season 4 now:
http://bxrme.tumblr.com/

note seasons 1 and 2 had very famous starcraft progamers as contestants :O

RetroMG

I have three actually, a four year old, a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I would love to be part of parent-GAFia, I'll get the grill and the margarita machine next time we have a pool party

Parent GAFia checking in!

Hooray! People who feel my pain when BabyMG refuses to sleep in her crib! (Which is always)

Don't tell your kids about me. I'm more a punishment that anything.

Aww, I actually had a story about Sorian the Lone Wolf and how he learned that he needed friends. ;)

Verelios

I've been watching a Korean game show that mafia people might like called The Genius.

eRBrR8N.jpg

Korean celebrities meet once a week to compete in various games that test social/mental acuity.

There are excellent fan subs available here just scroll down, it's up to season 4 now:

...I know all of those actors except two. Either I watch way too many Korean Dramas or there's absolutely no influx of new famous Korean drama actors.

Ourobolus

Banned

eRBrR8N.jpg

Several of us are way ahead of you, bat :p

Wow, you mafia parents impress me :eek:

It seems like Retro is on top of everything, and monkey contributes so often to the games that I wonder where you make the time.

I'm married, no kids (though so have to take care of my wife often since she doesn't have great health), and am lucky enough to meet the 10 post minimum on some days.

Sorian

Banned
Don't let Retro fool you. He had plenty of time on his hands. I've seen the streams where he is happily wasting is time playing wand of gamlen (or whatever that schlock is called)

:p

Hooray! People who feel my pain when BabyMG refuses to sleep in her crib! (Which is always)

My daughter (who is now four) refused to sleep in her bed for about a year and she's super stubborn (dunno where she gets it...) so none of the recommended solutions for dealing with it worked at all, and we tried everything. Finally I gave up until she could reason a little.

She's a beast. Amazing. But a beast.

Wow, you mafia parents impress me :eek:

It seems like Retro is on top of everything, and monkey contributes so often to the games that I wonder where you make the time.

I'm married, no kids (though so have to take care of my wife often since she doesn't have great health), and am lucky enough to meet the 10 post minimum on some days.

Love to your wife. I have severe asthma myself and am recouping from bronchitis (which is not going so well, I'm afraid), so that's part of it at the moment. Easy enough to watch posts fly by when the kids want to be playing outside and I'm not allowed. :/ And my elder child has been homeschooling this past semester after his school closed (he goes to a new school in the fall, whew; it was hard, even though I'm used to teaching), so we can sit together. He works, I help, and I dick around on the internet (or, uh, actually work sometimes). Though today tempers were high and I had to keep shooing him away from the screen lest he learn all sorts of new words. I've been telling Mr. Monkey about the games so kiddo was trying to get a look and I was like... nah, man, work on your math here and don't worry about that gif.

Plus one of my research areas for my PhD is digital communities and interactions so it's sort of in my wheelhouse. Presenting some research next week, in fact!

My daughter (who is now four) refused to sleep in her bed for about a year and she's super stubborn (dunno where she gets it...) so none of the recommended solutions for dealing with it worked at all, and we tried everything. Finally I gave up until she could reason a little.

She's a beast. Amazing. But a beast.

Love to your wife. I have severe asthma myself and am recouping from bronchitis (which is not going so well, I'm afraid), so that's part of it at the moment. Easy enough to watch posts fly by when the kids want to be playing outside and I'm not allowed. :/ And my elder child has been homeschooling this past semester after his school closed (he goes to a new school in the fall, whew; it was hard, even though I'm used to teaching), so we can sit together. He works, I help, and I dick around on the internet (or, uh, actually work sometimes). Though today tempers were high and I had to keep shooing him away from the screen lest he learn all sorts of new words. I've been telling Mr. Monkey about the games so kiddo was trying to get a look and I was like... nah, man, work on your math here and don't worry about that gif.

Plus one of my research areas for my PhD is digital communities and interactions so it's sort of in my wheelhouse. Presenting some research next week, in fact!

Asthma buddies!

/weak high five punctuated by a wheeze

I'm still in the early stages of learning to cope with it. I'm military and I've always had a hard time running; more specifically, the breathing part. It always comes out as a severe wheeze, and I've experienced it ever since I was a kid, but never got it checked out. I'm in Arizona and it's hot af here and it's been especially difficult to breathe just under normal circumstances lately. My trainer made me go to the doctor, and they did a methacholine thing, and it came back as positive. Just got an official diagnosis like...two days ago, although I knew already what the results would say.

It's kinda reassuring knowing that I actually have an explanation now, but it also sucks, because the Air Force is stopping me from certain things, and I haven't really learned to accept and cope with it just yet.

*wheeze*

I'm still in the early stages of learning to cope with it. I'm military and I've always had a hard time running; more specifically, the breathing part. It always comes out as a severe wheeze, and I've experienced it ever since I was a kid, but never got it checked out. I'm in Arizona and it's hot af here and it's been especially difficult to breathe just under normal circumstances lately. My trainer made me go to the doctor, and they did a methacholine thing, and it came back as positive. Just got an official diagnosis like...two days ago, although I knew already what the results would say.

It's kinda reassuring knowing that I actually have an explanation now, but it also sucks, because the Air Force is stopping me from certain things, and I haven't really learned to accept and cope with it just yet.

*wheeze*

Oh geez, that sucks, especially since it's impacting your job, but I'd guess you're in pretty good shape since military and you'll adjust as best you can, but it'll take some time. A friend of mine, her daughter has really bad asthma and they live in Arizona because of it so I'm sorry you're having a shit time with the weather and air there. It's supposed to be the opposite but bodies don't give a fuck.

I can relate some to your general situation tho - I had similar things as a kid but it was never particularly bad until we moved here for my school. I've got seasonal and dust allergies too, though mild, but I just couldn't adjust to Indiana. At all. So I finally got diagnosed. Have they given you one of those little breathing things and had you test? The last time they had me do that my results were fucking depressing. I've had pneumonia here three times, too.

Bodies are the worst.

Oh geez, that sucks, especially since it's impacting your job, but I'd guess you're in pretty good shape since military and you'll adjust as best you can, but it'll take some time. A friend of mine, her daughter has really bad asthma and they live in Arizona because of it so I'm sorry you're having a shit time with the weather and air there. It's supposed to be the opposite but bodies don't give a fuck.

I can relate some to your general situation tho - I had similar things as a kid but it was never particularly bad until we moved here for my school. I've got seasonal and dust allergies too, though mild, but I just couldn't adjust to Indiana. At all. So I finally got diagnosed. Have they given you one of those little breathing things and had you test? The last time they had me do that my results were fucking depressing. I've had pneumonia here three times, too.

Bodies are the worst.

A PFT? Yeah, I've done several. All come back fine, but my MCC results were dismal. Like, so bad that they stopped the test not even halfway through because they knew I had it already.

Ourobolus

Banned
Bike test?

It's the "PFT" for when you're unable to do the run - you get on a bike and pedal to maintain a certain heart rate. I imagine that might not be possible since asthma isn't a, uh, muscular/skeletal problem so much as just purely medical, so it probably isn't the case. Maybe I misunderstood.

It's the "PFT" for when you're unable to do the run - you get on a bike and pedal to maintain a certain heart rate. I imagine that might not be possible since asthma isn't a, uh, muscular/skeletal problem so much as just purely medical, so it probably isn't the case. Maybe I misunderstood.

PFT is pulmonary function test. You breathe into a little machine and it measures your lung capacity.

If I can't do the run I'll get kicked out. They won't let me walk test. Hope my inhaler works.

Top Bottom