• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5th Cell Countdown

Unicorn

Jive Turkey said:
Are those Twitter and Facebook logos in the corner?
Its a screencap from their site. My guess, is you click those to "follow" 5th cell about w/e they post about.

How much longer till the reveal?

Lijik

Das-J said:
I'm going to be very interested to see how GAF reacts to this reveal.
Last time I read these words the reveal wound up being The Jungle.
5th Cell's new game is set in a jungle confirmed.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
KarishBHR said:
I'll say this. It's about as far away from Scribblenauts as you could imagine. This is their attempt to prove they deserve funding for traditional next-gen games
I'm not going to get excited for a shooter.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The_Technomancer said:
My first thought was some kind of strategy game from the hex-grid.
i thought that, too, but I think that's just cells representing 5th cell

i'm more interested in the super obvious logo on the right hand side and whatever object that is inside that footprint

KarishBHR said:
I'll say this. It's about as far away from Scribblenauts as you could imagine. This is their attempt to prove they deserve funding for traditional next-gen games

The way you worded that makes me significantly less interested, frankly. But I guess if Slaczka et al. would rather make grim/gritty post-apocalyptic shooters with nary a blue sky to be found, they can go right ahead.

NewFresh

Father_Brain said:
That makes me significantly less interested, frankly.

Just because it is not the same doesn't mean that it will be generic. 5th cell have always been creative in some way with their IP's

KarishBHR said:
jfngjngrkjngfl
Pssh, can't hide what you already said!

I'm intrigued, but only partly so. All of 5TH Cell's games have been creative, it's true, but only one has been creative in a way that I actually enjoyed playing. And even Scribblenauts and its sequel are absolutely full of flaws and questionable design.

As such, I can't really tell if going for a shooter (rumored!) on XBLA is a step in the right direction or not. At the very least it'll have a very stable base to work off of, especially when coupled with the fact it's running off Source. At the same time, will whatever twist they implement be well designed enough to be interesting when the genre is already pretty explored?

I'm definitely intrigued as hell. Here's hoping they can pull it off. And if they're NOT doing a shooter, well, I'll be happy to see any Source offering that's on the console, regardless of genre. I think the engine could be put to good use.

I'm super interested to see what this is, 5th Cell has tons of talent and I can't wait to see what they can do on consoles. Knowing that it's way different from Scribblenauts makes me even more intrigued.

NewFresh

sbpuki.jpg

Teaser Pic
I am sure a better quality one will pop up soon

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm pretty pumped. 5th Cell might not always lay down the perfect execution of gameplay, but their ideas are always very creative and unique, and Super Scribblenauts proved they listen to fans. Plus, Jackson is a swell dude.

Downside is that this will be there XBLA game, and I dont have an Xbox.

FrostuTheNinja said:
I will shit if it's a 2.5D action platformer.
Yea because we all know how good 5th Cell is at making platformers. *throws up*

If it's not type/create what you want in a pretty environment, I don't really care... =/ They got lucky with the Scribblenauts 1 hype - that game was god awful.

I do like the 5th cell guys though, they are good guys. Just not that big of a deal.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Darknessbear said:

If it's not type/create what you want in a pretty environment, I don't really care... =/ They got lucky with the Scribblenauts 1 hype - that game was god awful.

I do like the 5th cell guys though, they are good guys. Just not that big of a deal.

Drawn to Life and Locke's Quest were pretty decent

I just listened to this TIG Radio interview with Jackson from a few months ago. He doesn't talk much about this game, but he says that it's never been done this way before. He also said that in playtests when they showed people how to play the game they didn't get it, but within five minutes it would make perfect sense.

Talk is mostly about 5th cell, pretty neat. Link if anyone wants it:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8668467

Feep

Banned
Darknessbear said:

Lucky? They paid me tens of thousands of dollars, the best viral marketer in existence.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't know about you guys, but that looks like a new Scribblenauts to me. Notice all the wires?

That's some pretty wicked art right there. I do hope, if it's an action game, that 5th Cell has been studying hard on collision, because it's been awful in all their prior games, and that isn't going to fly in a pure action game.

Blizzard

Banned
You still have that EdY artist guy, huh? Psh, he can only draw one style. That looks TOTALLY like all the scribblenaut avatars, lame, etc. etc.

I do not possess an XBoxen so I cannot buy your game, but I wish you luck. :p

-PXG-

Blizzard said:
You still have that EdY artist guy, huh? Psh, he can only draw one style. That looks TOTALLY like all the scribblenaut avatars, lame, etc. etc.

I do not possess an XBoxen so I cannot buy your game, but I wish you luck. :p

Edison Yan is the fucking man. Don't talk shit about him :mad:

Top Bottom