• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 runs at 60fps, 1080p

Wonder if they could've gotten Zelda a bit higher if they pushed it back. Ran poorly in the unoptimized docked mode and under a month later they got the game running at a decently smooth fps.
Not 100% sure Splatoon is 1080p, but I'd be completely shocked if it stayed at 720p on docked

Takat

Good news, Nintendo is really showing off this great hardware. This and Arms looking so great and pushing 1080/60 is amazing.

Lets hope Rocket League can get some Nintendo magic too.

BigEmil

From other thread...
I'm surprised the beta resolution was lower than 1080p in the first place

This game visuals is nothing too crazy that it demands stronger hardware it doesn't have to render crazy high res textures and explosions etc

This is fucking Nintendo treehouse, there is no mostranslation habe some respects for peoples jobs

On a live show, when you have to translate as fast as possible, you can always lose something on the way. it's not disrespectful. Also keep in mind that OP didn't edited his post yet when I made my post.

Gestault

There are no new screens for Splatoon 2

They're up on the official social media channel.

Edit: I didn't have the press kit login for this year, so I've only seen those. Just kidding, I was sent the press login. There's a Splatoon 2 package on there, I'm going to take a look.
Edit 2: No screens in there, and no mention of resolution on the fact sheet. I'm gonna message the press contact and see if they respond.

This game visuals is nothing too crazy that it demands stronger hardware it doesn't have to render crazy high res textures and explosions etc

For Switch titles, Nintendo is likely saving docked mode optimization for last. It's actually smart of them to make sure the game runs as smoothly as possible in portable mode first.

Wildo09

The ink dynamics definitely look like something that may push the hardware. In fact I'm sure they meant 1080p in Salmon Run only.

Rodin

Wait, Nogami said that? Holy shit.

I mean there was no reason for it not to run at that resolution, but the testfire was 720p so it's nice to see that they actually worked on it.

EDarkness

All 720p docked. Mario and Pokken look fine but Xeno 2 has framerate drops and a lot of jaggies.

Wait, Pokken is 720p docked? Why? What's that game doing that so resource intensive? Maybe Bandai Namco need to get some pointers from Nintendo.

It's also sad to hear that Xenoblade 2 is 720p, too. When did that information come out?

Kudo

I think it's using dynamic resolution for docked mode too (handheld was using this in the testfire) as the developer uses "最大" when he says it's running at 1080p.
"The game runs at 60fps and goes up to 1080p at max" or something.

Still an upgrade from Testfire that was 720p locked.
このゲームは60フレームで動いてて、まあ解像度も1080pが最大で出ています could either mean it's 1080p docked if it's always at "max" but could also mean it's dynamic and 1080p is highest it goes up to, but I'm no expert of language.

No, but things like native/output and more technical aspect, yes. No need to be passive agressive when I just said to stay cautious on that kind of things until release, lol.

Pretty rich that you're the one calling others passive agressive. They're not the ones digging their heels into the ground like you are.

Neoxon

Hopefully they meant 1080p native & not 1080p output.

If so, it's good to hear that they bumped up the resolution that much.

Rodin

Wait, Pokken is 720p docked? Why? What's that game doing that so resource intensive? Maybe Bandai Namco need to get some pointers from Nintendo.

It's also sad to hear that Xenoblade 2 is 720p, too. When did that information come out?

Never, there's no source for any of that.

ryechu

On a live show, when you have to translate as fast as possible, you can always lose something on the way. it's not disrespectful. Also keep in mind that OP didn't edited his post yet when I made my post.

Except Nogami didn't just say "you did your research." He literally repeated those exact numbers 60 frames per second, 1080p, in native Japanese: rokujyu, Sen-hachijyu-P.

Gestault

This may be worth adding to the OP:

I got in touch with Eddie Garcia, Press Contact for Nintendo to ask about the resolution, re: the Nogami Treehouse appearance. He confirmed:

Q: "It was brought up at one of today's Treehouse events that Splatoon 2 would run at 1080p, and I hadn't seen that confirmed elsehere. A Treehouse rep mentioned the resolution, and Hisashi Nogami affirmed shortly after. Display resolution isn't mentioned in the provided Fact Sheet. The recent beta had recently run at a lower resolution. Is there an official stated game resolution for Splatoon 2?"

A: "If Mr. Nogami stated such, then it's true."

Unless there's been some miscommunication, this confirms the game should be running at 1080p on release.

Top Bottom