• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku UK: Okami HD coming to PS4 and Xbox One this December [Rumor]

Scrawnton

lemme know if you've heard this one guys:

q: how can you tell if a capcom leak is true?
a: you see if there's a switch version mentioned.

:p
Seriously. This would be the most capcom move ever. Port a port in the hopes that most people will buy it again, which a handheld version would incentivize people to do so, and then decide to not port it to the system that it would probably do best on. I can 100% see capcom doing this.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Heh, wow. I was just thinking about this yesterday. I rermember the whole "4k internal resolution thing" from back when the PS3 version came out, so I guess this makes sense. I'd gladly buy it again.

Probably in my top 3 games of all time. It's visually timeles I think, so they might as well keep re-releasing it each console generation on into forever. But of course what I really want is a real (or in spirit) sequel.

KORNdoggy

i would have hoped people who own the PS3 release would get this for free since i don't see how it would look or run much better than it already does on that system.

nOoblet16

Okami HD was already internally rendering at 4k on the PS3 so what are they going to do with it on PS4, internal 8k? 12k on Pro?

Never got to play Okami but always wanted to! So day one for me if true.

Didn't this game ran at 4k/downsampled on the PS3 or something like that?

That would be great, and I imagine it would be in 4K too, since the PS3 version sort of was.

Heh, wow. I was just thinking about this yesterday. I rermember the whole "4k internal resolution thing" from back when the PS3 version came out, so I guess this makes sense. I'd gladly buy it again.

Probably a 4K Pro option since on the PS3 it was downscaled from 4K?

Wasn't there a rumor or something about how Okami HD was already rendering at 4K? I could swear I read something about how they had the extra overhead and used that to make it look as clean as possible.

Game already ran at 4K so it will be nice to finally see it at 4K.
Okami was 1080P with 4xMSAA on PS3, nowhere even close to 4K.

It was a translation error, what they meant was it was running rotated grid sub-samples at 4x the resolution of 1080P, which is an odd way to say 4xMSAA at 1080P. Someone mistranslated that to "It runs at 4 times super sampling i.e. 4K".

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/05/okami-hd-powered-by-technical-innovation-love

Ascenion

Ooooooh yeah in like Flynn baby! I'll buy the PS4 and Xbox One (lol, this totally isn't happening) versions!

(If LKD is actually right here something about this is still probs gonna be wrong)

I'll be amazed if this come to the XBone. Yes they have an install base but do they have a potential audience for this type of game there?

SpotAnime

Like all of Capcom's recent HD re-release, I hope this gets ported to PC. But if not, I'm more than happy to buy a PS4 Pro-optimized version.

And especially for a physical retail version!

Ertai

She's right, Dutch retailer Intertoys recently updated their release list of upcoming games and on the last page it shows Okami for both PS4 and Xbox One with placeholder dates ofcourse.

wp_20170802_13_40_43_77jwg.jpg

AHA-Lambda

Getting shit wrong multiple times, being blacklisted by Nintendo, ruining someone else's career for attention and then getting a journalism job despite all that.

Nope I can't see why anyone wouldn't like her.

Woah wait what??
I hadn't heard that part :/

Wadiwasi

Banned
Yawn, remasters of remasters, talk about milking it to the last drop.

Never got to around to picking it up for the PS3. Now that I only have a PS4 and an interest in playing it, I think this is wonderful.

Remasters are a win-win. Developers get to double dip without spending the same amount of cash as brand new development, and old fans/newcomers get something they liked or havent played. They aren't for everyone, but what is?

I only played Omani for the first time in January on the PS3 and was very impressed with the port as well as game overall. I doubt I would buy it again but good news if true. Wonderful game.

conpfreak

This is nice, but I still have the PS3 version in my backlog for months and it's already at 1080p. I own a 4K TV, but I'm not buying it over again just for 4K.

I'm guessing Okami isn't old enough to warrant a Switch port, huh? But seriously, only a company like Capcom could somehow convince themselves an XBO port makes more sense. Oh well

Yawn, remasters of remasters, talk about milking it to the last drop.

I imagine DVD, blu-ray and album release calendars must really fill you with rage. "What's with all these new transfers and re-releases??"

This medium and community need to value game preservation more, not less.

I'm guessing Okami isn't old enough to warrant a Switch port, huh? But seriously, only a company like Capcom could somehow convince themselves an XBO port makes more sense. Oh well

Damn man. I knew the Switch was doing well but I didn't think the install base was higher than the Xbox One already.

Plum

Damn man. I knew the Switch was doing well but I didn't think the install base was higher than the Xbox One already.

I'm pretty sure the amount of people who'd buy a Zelda-inspired cartoony game about a Japanese god wolf is a tad bit higher on the Switch than it is on Xbox. Install base isn't everything; if it were every Switch game would be selling like shit compared to PS4/X1 games of equal caliber when that's nowhere near the case.

I'm pretty sure the amount of people who'd buy a Zelda-inspired cartoony game about a Japanese god wolf is a tad bit higher on the Switch than it is on Xbox. Install base isn't everything; if it were every Switch game would be selling like shit compared to PS4/X1 games of equal caliber when that's nowhere near the case.

I understand that for sure, but I still think the smart business decision is the platform with the higher install base. At least in the fictional scenario where Capcom had to choose between Xbox One or Switch that is. That most likely wasn't the case, but it's the silly sounding scenario that the person I replied to seemed to suggest.

I hope these versions have "Reset" but I'm sure Capcom USA will cheap out on licensing again

This is the one sore spot for me personally. Though I might bite if this somehow made its way to PC, I've already played through the PS3 remaster when it was released as well... so I'm probably satisfied with that for the time being.

the switch is roughly 20 million units behind the xbox one.

I'm not here to argue with 20 different people about where the Switch install base is right now or will be in the future. I just replied to a silly comment that seemed to suggest Capcom had the choice to do Xbox One OR Switch and chose Xbox One instead. It's a joke correction, chill.

Top Bottom