• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

I wonder if Diane was the one who set up her own sister to meet and eventually get married to the fake manufactured Cooper.

Coz that seems messed up.

Is the thinking that the whole point of Dougie being "manufactured" (as per the one armed man) so that when Coop tried to return to reality, it wouldn't destroy Evil Coop and he would instead go into Dougie's body?

was there not a scene earlier in the season that seemed to imply that Evil Coop is behind the glass box thing earlier in the season? or am I making that up in my head...

I haven't rewatched any episodes yet but plan on it after the entire season is over. Is there a good website that posts a meaty recap of each episode somewhere?

All I remember is that it was a "mysterious billionaire" funding the project.

It makes sense that Mr. C would have access to those kinds of funds, since his ability to manipulate electronics would likely allow him to manipulate people's bank accounts. It's possible that he siphoned money into Mr. Todd's account using this ability, in exchange for Todd's services. Thus, Todd is the billionaire and the project likely existed to "catch" Cooper when he returned from the Lodge.

Is the thinking that the whole point of Dougie being "manufactured" (as per the one armed man) so that when Coop tried to return to reality, it wouldn't destroy Evil Coop and he would instead go into Dougie's body?

That's the thinking still, yes. So it makes sense that Diane may have been more deeply involved there than we suspected.

Futureman

It makes sense that Mr. C would have access to those kinds of funds, since his ability to manipulate electronics

I was skipping through some earlier scenes last night... the part where Evil Coop is in jail and doing his one phone call and sets everything going beserk with the alarms was crazy.

also anyone else initially think that the redneck in the bar was Chandler from Friends at first haha.

Chitown B

"Wow seriously WTF why isn't Cooper normal eating pie and drinking coffee"

"As a higher being, I am absolutely enthralled here. Lynch is just playing with his food here, relishing in the mis en scene and deconstructing the very nature of television, nay, the language of seeing itself"

Twin Peaks: The Return, 8pm EST only on Showtime

LOL this

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I haven't been counting, but definitely at least half the episodes have had one. It's pretty crazy how many have passed between filming this in 2015 and now.

I said this a bit ago, but I'm very happy the show was filmed when it was. There could be arguments it could've been filmed sooner for people like Catherine E. Coulson and David Bowie potentially, but I'm happy it came together before some of these tragic passings.

Vegas FBI guy "There's 20 matches on Douglas Jones"

why didn't Gordon also give his wife's name? That would have instantly narrowed it down.

I pray next week Cole and the gang get to talk to/confront Dougie.

Because if they'd given his wife's name, we wouldn't have been treated to that classic response from the FBI field chief

I said this a bit ago, but I'm very happy the show was filmed when it was. There could be arguments it could've been filmed sooner for people like Catherine E. Coulson and David Bowie potentially, but I'm happy it came together before some of these tragic passings.

We got very lucky. Very very lucky.

Yes, we could have been luckier, but we were definitely still very lucky. Imagine this without Miguel Ferrer, or any Catherine E. Coulson.

Levito

Banned
I feel like being disappointed that Bowie himself didn't make a new appearance is pretty unfair, frankly. He passed away, what are they supposed to do, exactly?

I can't believe the one scene that got leaked during production might have spoiled the climax of the show.

Yeah they did a great job keeping most of this season under wraps but the leaks that have happened are huge. Kinda bad luck.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe the one scene that got leaked during production might have spoiled the climax of the show.

I remember Lynch had to ask people to please stop taking pictures of the production. I imagine it has to do with that scene.

Blader

We got very lucky. Very very lucky.

Yes, we could have been luckier, but we were definitely still very lucky. Imagine this without Miguel Ferrer, or any Catherine E. Coulson.

A major part of this season would just be a flat out different show. I think if they didn't have Albert, all of Gordon's scenes would need to be substantially rewritten -- and even then I don't know how they would work. I love Gordon, but his character really needs Albert as his foil.

Futureman

how do we know that one scene is from Episodes 16? That should mean
Dougie snaps out of the stupor next week if he looks pretty lucid in that shot.

how do we know that one scene is from Episodes 16? That should mean Dougie snaps out of the stupor next week if he looks pretty lucid in that shot.

I'm guessing he wakes up next week at the end, and then his first full episode will be 16.

The clues for this were dropped in Episode 3, and this past episode reaffirmed it, to an extent.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing he wakes up next week at the end, and then his first full episode will be 16.

The clues for this were dropped in Episode 3, and this past episode reaffirmed it, to an extent.

I'm pretty sure Mr. C's associates will try to kill him next episode and that's how he wakes up. Or that's how the FBI finds him, and so Gordon and Albert.

A major part of this season would just be a flat out different show. I think if they didn't have Albert, all of Gordon's scenes would need to be substantially rewritten -- and even then I don't know how they would work. I love Gordon, but his character really needs Albert as his foil.

I guess they'd have either changed Denise's role substantially, or had Tammy not literally be the hot woman STILL MAKING THE DAMN COFFEE FOR EVERYONE ELSE INCLUDING THE DEPUTISED PERSON THEY KNOW IS A TRAITOR.

Ehem.

Edit: This was yet another episode with 'Real' Coop in it. Making four :p

I don't know what you lot are talking about regarding spoilers and leaks and episode 16 but please stop.

Yeah, I think that's fair. Seriously guys. At least put it behind tags.

That said with regards to a spoiler I saw people discussing here...

I bounced the Agent Cooper wearing a sheriff's office uniform thing off of a bunch of people who watched the filming when I was at the fest, and none of them had seen or heard such a thing. Doesn't mean it isn't true, but these are people who 100% watched a bunch of the filming and have the videos and photographs to prove it.

Blader

Is the leak you guys are talking about
Cooper and Laura walking up to the Palmer house at night, right? And you can see a shot of Cooper's face possibly from that scene in one of the trailers?

What clues?

What clues?

Numbers on the socket switches from 3 to 15 (or the other way around...I forget) from episode 3.

Twin%2BPeaks%2B3.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-05-27%2Bat%2B6.29.31%2Bpm.png

On second viewing. the post-Andy/Fireman scene with the Sheriff's Dept walking around Jack Rabbit's Palace - there's always two of each. Is this to represent converging timelines, or their shadow selves following them?

I recall reading (somewhere) Harley Peyton said the original season 3 was going to focus on doppelgangers and everyone having one a few seconds behind (this same point came up when discussing big Ed's creepy reflection scene).

There is no way imho that they would A: do something so meta and fourth wall breaking, and B: had any idea how many episodes the season would edit into, let alone which part key events would occur in.

I don't necessarily buy into it, but it wouldn't surprise me that Lynch would have made it one of his "happy accidents."

So, seeing Sarah's 'moment' was pretty much the reverse of Laura's face being full of light in part one... we're pretty sure she was the young girl who ate the mutant frog thing right?

There is no way imho that they would A: do something so meta and fourth wall breaking, and B: had any idea how many episodes the season would edit into, let alone which part key events would occur in.

Also the numerology matches Cooper's room number 315, to further potentially contextualize it.

Blader

I loved the change in Andy's personality after he returned from the White Lodge and was carrying the blind woman down the hill.

Yeah that makes me skeptical too. Though I can't remember, had they decided on 18 episodes before they started shooting or after?

So, seeing Sarah's 'moment' was pretty much the reverse of Laura's face being full of light in part one... we're pretty sure she was the young girl who ate the mutant frog thing right?

I feel like that definitely reinforced it, though if that's the case, then the frog/bug that jumped in her mouth wouldn't have been a nascent BOB after all.

What clues?

Theory about timelines:

It's believed that Coop in the beginning of the season is chronologically in the future. When the Arm's doppelganger sends Cooper hurling through space, he ends up in the box/room with Naido, the eyeless woman from this episode.

Naido guides Coop to the ladder, and on the way there, Coop sees the vault-like object that would eventually become his exit from the Lodge. At this point, however, there's a lot of electronic distortion in the space, and the box, which has the number 15 on it, repeals Coop when he goes near it. At that point, Naido heads up with the ladder with Coop, de-electrifies the box by holding the bulb and then gets ejected into space. Cooper returns back into the box, and the distortion is gone, and the American Woman has replaced Naido. The vault-like box now has the number 3 on it, and Cooper enters it once the Woman tells Coop to hurry because Mother is coming. This dumps Cooper out into the real world...

Coop enters the vault with the #3 and exits in Episode 3, and so, the theory was born that #15 was for Episode 15. This time gap explained, to an extent, why DougieCoop was somewhat mentally stifled since he is currently a man out of sync with time.

When Naido is ejected, we have no clue where she goes. Now, we learned that she was dumped out in Episode 14. That, to me, supports the theory that, at minimum, the events in the Lodge at the start of the season were occurring in the future.

I wouldn't hold it past David Lynch to do something so 4th wall breaking. Since 315 is also Coop's room # and holds major significance, I could totally see Lynch being clever and cutting his episodes to ensure episode 3 and episode 15 were particularly relevant and big deals for Coop's journey.

It's a CG box, so it's possible the numbers were added later. We will find out this weekend, though.

Solo

Before. They upped it to 18 when they got Lynch back on board.

Speaking of scenarios that never came to pass, what was the plan if Lynch hadn't returned?

Would it half meant the whole thing would have gotten canned, or would we have gotten 9 episodes of Frost-only Peaks directed by committee?

Speaking of scenarios that never came to pass, what was the plan if Lynch hadn't returned?

Would it half meant the whole thing would have gotten canned, or would we have gotten 9 episodes of Frost-only Peaks directed by committee?

The plan was to move forward without him, but I have no idea if it actually would have happened as the original actors rallied around him.

It likely would have been a disaster.

Ashby

Did I seriously just get spoiled by untagged discussion with only four episodes left to go? I hate this fucking website.

Futureman

I honestly think it wouldn't have happened without Lynch. The cast came back for him.

I feel like that definitely reinforced it, though if that's the case, then the frog/bug that jumped in her mouth wouldn't have been a nascent BOB after all.

The frog moth was never BOB. We've known that since Episode 8 where they clearly show BOB being a wholly separate entity from the eggs that Mother vomits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom