• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the context of that AV Club comment last week, it's essential to understand that Andy was chosen directly because of an act of kindness and human connection, offering comfort.

He was given the most essential information of the series because he is good.

Good will win out.

Speculation but I'm seeing people post stuff like, "I can't believe the one leak was from the climax of the show"

That's also speculation. There's a set photo from something we haven't seen yet, that lacks context as to what it actually is depicting. People thinking it's the climax of the show is just a theory.

Did I seriously just get spoiled by untagged discussion with only four episodes left to go? I hate this fucking website.

Easy tiger. Nobody knows anything about the next four episodes, apart from a couple of photos one scene that was leaked months ago. There's heavy speculation about Coop waking next episode but nobody knows for sure (apart from those involved with making the show itself) and this is based on scenes from episode 3.

In the context of that AV Club comment last week, it's essential to understand that Andy was chosen directly because of an act of kindness and human connection, offering comfort.

He was given the most essential information of the series because he is good.

Good will win out.

I mean the Good Guys got a major upgrade this week with Freddie and the Green Glove. Mr. C has met his arm-wrestling match.

The frog moth was never BOB. We've known that since Episode 8 where they clearly show BOB being a wholly separate entity from the eggs that Mother vomits.

Yeah, I'm becoming increasingly certain that whatever the frog is, it is what Mr. C is searching for and that it is connected to the experiment/mother.

If we hadn't seen her in the box I'd say that the frog might be a manifestation of the creature itself unto our world and that she's probably inside Sarah now, which is leading Mr. C to Twin Peaks.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest I haven't even seen the production picture, but I imagine they were referring to a certain moment in a teaser with Cooper that hasn't appeared, so I was speculating as well.

Anyway, turns out that the smile on Sarah's inner thing was a painting from Lynch from years ago:

1502673715-david-lynch-head-2.jpg

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Holy hell! What an episode!
Completely convinced now that Sarah was the girl the frog-moth crawled into.

That's also speculation. There's a set photo from something we haven't seen yet, that lacks context as to what it actually is depicting. People thinking it's the climax of the show is just a theory.

Set photo leaks aside, there is a part from one of the trailers before the return aired that has not been in the show yet, and points towards stuff happening

Blader

Set photo leaks aside, there is a part from one of the trailers before the return aired that has not been in the show yet, and points towards stuff happening

I think there's three shots from the teasers that haven't appeared in the show yet, two of which may be related:
Cooper driving, a close-up of Cooper's face looking to one side of the camera than moving to the other, and the Palmer household at night.

Katori

I think there's three shots from the teasers that haven't appeared in the show yet, two of which may be related:
Cooper driving, a close-up of Cooper's face looking to one side of the camera than moving to the other, and the Palmer household at night.
You sure about that last one? Palmer household at night was in last episode, but I'm not sure if it was the same shot...

AoM

I just realized that those who aren't aware of the film were probably asking how in the world they got that footage of younger Cooper and Cole (and Bowie).

Lynch's push to get more people to watch FWWM, successful.

I just realized that those who aren't aware of the film were probably asking how in the world they got that footage of younger Cooper and Cole (and Bowie).

Lynch's push to get more people to watch FWWM, successful.

It really confused my Dad who has never seen the film.

Everything confused my Dad though. He'd only previously watched up until Agent Cooper going through the plug socket.

WriterGK

So Diane is going to get arrested at some point right? They arrested that policemen in Twin Peaks...Maybe Cole and Albert want Diane to fuck up as Deputy so they can arrest her?

Garjon

Is it me or did Sarah start making the same slashing noises when she first took off her mask as the Mother?

And are the scratch-y electric sounds that play when the police reach Jackrabbit's Palace the same sounds on the phonograph played on the phonograph by the Giant/Fireman in the opening scene of the series?

I may just be tone deaf

Futureman

I was a little let down after last night's episode that Coop didn't return but now thinking over the episode it was great.

The episode where they drive Dougie out to the desert and he gives the Mitchum Bros the $30 million check is still my favorite episode so far though. Episode 8 is #2 for me and last night's probably #3.

is this from one teaser video? do you have the link?

Corpsepyre

Banned
What a fantastic episode! Fascinating stuff all around. So many questions still, though.

Among the mindfuckery at display, did anyone notice Lynch asking Diane about her talking to Evil Coop A DAY BEFORE? Or was I just imagining things?

And are the scratch-y electric sounds that play when the police reach Jackrabbit's Palace the same sounds on the phonograph played on the phonograph by the Giant/Fireman in the opening scene of the series?

I may just be tone deaf

I noticed this too --- the Giant had said something like "Remember this sound" for the phonograph sound in the 1st or 2nd episode..........that sound returned during last night's episode......

People have mentioned that what we may have seen last night was the waiting room for the White Lodge................that would mean that the Giant / Fireman is present in both the White Lodge and the Black Lodge..............how do we reconcile this? The one we've seen in the Black Lodge doesn't appear hostile, so probably isn't a doppleganger Giant.............how can he be a good guy and yet be present in both Lodges?

People have mentioned that what we may have seen last night was the waiting room for the White Lodge................that would mean that the Giant / Fireman is present in both the White Lodge and the Black Lodge..............how do we reconcile this? The one we've seen in the Black Lodge doesn't appear hostile, so probably isn't a doppleganger Giant.............how can he be a good guy and yet be present in both Lodges?

Perhaps that wasn't really the Black Lodge. After all, the Fireman was always alone when speaking with Cooper in the Lodge. It's possible that he just created the illusion of a similar and familiar place so that Cooper wouldn't get caught up in the unimportant details.

What I want to know is: How does the Mother end up in the White Lodge? Is it possible that she, like the Fireman, are transient beings that can pass freely from one plane of existence to another?

Ashby

The Twin Peaks wiki doesn't treat The Giant and The Fireman as if they're the same character necessarily, just played by the same actor.

Wouldn't diane recognize Dougie right away as cooper? He wasn't THAT fat.
I know she and her sister have been enstranged for years, but probably not for 25 years.
She would at least be at her sister's wedding

Even with the white and black portals, I don't take the white/black distinction as, well, black and white.

Laura is in the black lodge (or was at least), but is filled with pure light. Philip Gerard (or Mike) is clearly helping Dougie Coop from the black lodge.

If the place with the purple ocean is the white lodge, then it is still a dark and threatening place at times as we saw in Part 3.

They may be distinct in many ways, but I don't get the sense they are distinct in a good / evil way. Nor do I get the sense that things can only exist in one or the other.

Or perhaps this is all about balance, and Mr C being out and about isn't something that's supposed to be happening, just as the black lodge inhabitants seemed upset with Bob post whenever it was that Jeffries visited them.

Sept. 3rd is going to be a night to remember. Generous of Showtime to line up the finale before a major US holiday (Labor Day) ---- we can have a true Twin Peaks party and still sleep in the next day

Blader

It's possible that the red room/waiting room isn't even the Black Lodge, but a limbo between the two lodges.

I know she and her sister have been enstranged for years, but probably not for 25 years.

It doesn't seem like Dougie sprung into existence until 1997, and he and Janey-E probably didn't marry immediately.

In any event, they're estranged specifically because Diane hates Janey-E, so why would she go to her wedding anyway lol

Futureman

didn't they mention that Dougie was "manufactured" like 6 years ago or so? The local police guys were saying in the one scene they there are no records of him and then he just suddenly appeared 6 years ago.

not sure if 6 is the exact number but it didn't correspond to 25 years ago when Dougie was "manufactured."

It's possible that the red room/waiting room isn't even the Black Lodge, but a limbo between the two lodges.

It doesn't seem like Dougie sprung into existence until 1997, and he and Janey-E probably didn't marry immediately.

In any event, they're estranged specifically because Diane hates Janey-E, so why would she go to her wedding anyway lol

didn't they mention that Dougie was "manufactured" like 6 years ago or so? The local police guys were saying in the one scene they there are no records of him and then he just suddenly appeared 6 years ago.

not sure if 6 is the exact number but it didn't correspond to 25 years ago when Dougie was "manufactured."

Dougie has existed since 2009. So, Diane and Janey-E only need to have been estranged for 6 years for Diane to have never met Dougie.
Sonny Jim is older than 6 right? Never thought about Sonny Jim's bday vs. Dougie's "manufacturing" date ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom