• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Do we know for sure preorders begin tomorrow or could this just be an announcement of when preorders begin?

someone earlier said that walmarts were starting tomorrow at 1:30 PST. So we are assuming everywhere will follow suit...hopefully.

And gamestops site says to tune in tomorrow for the show, and preorder deal details will follow after

I mean...some of the games are already confirmed to be 4K/30.

And Xbox has had a poor line-up of exclusives for a while. There's no reason to pre-order when it'll be cheaper or have better bundles in a few months for the holidays.

*shrug*

Considering most people play multiplatform games 99% of the time, I don't think anyone gives a shit except for the trolls crying about how their cheap plastic box is better than another cheap plastic box.

Norse

Why in the world would it be $599.99??? The only way that happens if the HDD is much larger, but all indications is that the only thing special about the Scorpio edition is the name on the front of the console and controller and the incredible looking box. It will be the same price unless they are packing in a larger HDD.

It was mentioned the Scorpio version will come with a stand and maybe 2TB HDD. The 2TB xbone S with stand was 399 at launch. 100 more than the standard S which was 299.

ViciousDS

Banned
It was mentioned the Scorpio version will come with a stand and maybe 2TB HDD. The 2TB xbone S with stand was 399 at launch. 100 more than the standard S which was 299.

Meh, I'll just buy the standard $499 due to already rocking a huge ass external. People can pay more for less if they want

To my surprise it seems even the Dutch Xbox store let's you buy it when it becomes available. But I assume when you preorder there you have to pay the full amount right away?

Dmi3k

Do we think pre-orders will be available for the £449 SKU today?

Or is MS going to only make the Project Scorpio edition available with a larger HDD and a bigger price tag?

Theorry

Theorry

Wired says this. If that means only MS store i dont know.

Other than these aesthetic changes, Microsoft isn't introducing any other alterations from the Xbox One X for the time being. However, it has put the console on pre-order from today and says there's only a limited number available. For those wanting to snap up the limited edition, it's available from the Microsoft Store and website. The console costs $499 (£388).

pitchfork

Do we know for sure preorders begin tomorrow or could this just be an announcement of when preorders begin?

No way in hell they'd do that after all the build up and waiting. Xbox fans would riot ha ha!

I'm at work for a few hours later but should be back in time for the show

gossi

Does anyone now if we are charged right away or only when the console launches? Do we receive it on the launch day?

I think I was billed straight away in full, from memory. I got it launch day. They used a crap courier however who almost drove off when I didn't immediately answer the door, I had to chase him down in the street.

By the way, it's not just MS doing preorders. I know somebody a major UK company, they will be putting preorders online at 9.30pm tonight for Xbox Scorpio Edition.

cyen

I think I was billed straight away in full, from memory. I got it launch day. They used a crap courier however who almost drove off when I didn't immediately answer the door, I had to chase him down in the street.

By the way, it's not just MS doing preorders. I know somebody a major UK company, they will be putting preorders online at 9.30pm tonight for Xbox Scorpio Edition.

Thank you for the info.

Goalus

Does anyone now if we are charged right away or only when the console launches? Do we receive it on the launch day?

(German Microsoft store:)
I preordered the Gears Elite Controller last year in July and was only charged when it shipped in early October.

Imr at the stage I don't even know if ill tune into it, 45/60 minutes of prattling about just to get the 'preorders are now open' announcement. Might just read about it on here after its finished.

I do hope it's not just limited to Game or something.
I refuse to order anything from them.

Trying to decide where I want to preorder. Thinking Gamestop but there's also a Microsoft Store close by.

I'm preordering from Gamestop since I have a bunch of credit there. If it wasn't for that, I would preorder at the MS store. I've been there in the past for midnight launches (Halo, COD, GOW) and they have the best launches that I've ever been to. Free pizza, free swag bags, raffles, DJ, etc....

thatJohann

“The limited edition Xbox One X brings Project Scorpio back

The limited edition Xbox One X is available for pre-order now and costs $499

In June, Microsoft announced the Xbox One X console and in doing so it put an end to the informal Xbox Scorpio name. Now, in an approach that isn't at all confusing, it's reviving the name.

The Redmond-based company has announced the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, which has the codename emblazoned on the controller and console. As well as this there's a "dynamic graphic pattern" on the shell and the packaging has been designed in a similar way to the original Xbox console. It's a clever hat-tip to the past and doesn't detract from the standard consoles clean, monolithic style. The green used on the codename, too, is the same lurid green synonymous with earlier-gen Xboxes.

Other than these aesthetic changes, Microsoft isn't introducing any other alterations from the Xbox One X for the time being. However, it has put the console on pre-order from today and says there's only a limited number available. For those wanting to snap up the limited edition, it's available from the Microsoft Store and website. The console costs $499 (£388).

When announcing the Xbox One X at E3 2017, Microsoft claimed the box is the most powerful console created. Under the hood it has a 6 teraflop GPU that runs at 1.17GHz, 12GB of RAM, full 4K/HDR support and a 4K Blu-ray drive.

There's also a liquid cooling system to help keep the powerful components in good working order. Like the Scorpio Edition, the One X costs $499 in the US. One of the biggest selling points for the new console is support for 4K gaming. Unlike other consoles, Microsoft is also including backwards compatibility in the new hardware so your old games don't end up in a box in the attic.”

gamz

“The limited edition Xbox One X brings Project Scorpio back

The limited edition Xbox One X is available for pre-order now and costs $499

In June, Microsoft announced the Xbox One X console and in doing so it put an end to the informal Xbox Scorpio name. Now, in an approach that isn't at all confusing, it's reviving the name.

The Redmond-based company has announced the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, which has the codename emblazoned on the controller and console. As well as this there's a "dynamic graphic pattern" on the shell and the packaging has been designed in a similar way to the original Xbox console. It's a clever hat-tip to the past and doesn't detract from the standard consoles clean, monolithic style. The green used on the codename, too, is the same lurid green synonymous with earlier-gen Xboxes.

When announcing the Xbox One X at E3 2017, Microsoft claimed the box is the most powerful console created. Under the hood it has a 6 teraflop GPU that runs at 1.17GHz, 12GB of RAM, full 4K/HDR support and a 4K Blu-ray drive.

There's also a liquid cooling system to help keep the powerful components in good working order. Like the Scorpio Edition, the One X costs $499 in the US. One of the biggest selling points for the new console is support for 4K gaming. Unlike other consoles, Microsoft is also including backwards compatibility in the new hardware so your old games don't end up in a box in the attic

Cracks me up

Top Bottom