• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is a special weak because it is skip weak for both the anime and the manga.

Shit is going to get real in here. Really real.

So I timed out the good/great parts of the Sanji special and got it to about 28 minutes. They literally could have cut down a few things and had a legitimately great single episode of the show instead of the worst special.

Cwarrior

So we can't even get 845 animated this week.

Fuck off Toei.

Clear you guys don't understand how the time slot works.

09:00 dbs airs then on 09:30 one piece airs on the same channel right after

For the special they aired 1 hour of one piece instead from 9:00 to 10:00 skipping dbs now this week their airs 1 hour of dbs instead.

There airing the later half of the dbs special over one piece time slot like they did for one piece last week.

You guys know that these specials only exist to compete with Sentai/Kamen Rider moving to the same time as DBS and One Piece, right?
You can thank Fuji TV for that.

ch 688

Tashigi and Zoro totes gunna be a thing. totes.

dont spoil it for me if they are tho.

This arcs (punk hazard) alright so far, its setting thing up for the future and detailing the world more. OP is gunna be going on for so long jeez, we (I) know like nothing about the world govt or why the marines are controlled by them etc. Oda still world building. Hands down best shounen.

Watching yu yu too right now and its ok but this is top tier. second fav still og DB tho

Wait is TRigun shounen? Cuz i fucking love trigun and its themes

Oh yeah, that happened. Kamen Rider is a force to be reckoned with.

The One Piece 1-hour special had the most promotion and it going got a 4.7
DBS will probably fair worse.

ch 688

This arcs (punk hazard) alright so far, its setting thing up for the future and detailing the world more. OP is gunna be going on for so long jeez, we (I) know like nothing about the world govt or why the marines are controlled by them etc. Oda still world building. Hands down best shounen.

Watching yu yu too right now and its ok but this is top tier. second fav still og DB tho

In for a treat with the new few arcs, bro.

ch 688

Trigun counts as shonen, yes.

The One Piece 1-hour special had the most promotion and it going got a 4.7
DBS will probably fair worse.

Remains to be seen. An hour of new content + ZOMG new form.

caliph95

Trigun was Shonen but switched to seinen when it switched magazines

The anime is still shonen since it did it's own thing Ala fma and soul eater unlike soul eater it was still good

luffy_vs_katakuri_by_abdnext-dbptvde.jpg

I don’t think they’ll be a gear 5th this early but this is a very good piece. Captured the mood and even got the classic oda on break

That would be a pretty good way to spoil it to us readers, love the idea.

Thabk god we have black clover anime to help us get through this week
lol

Why would Katakuri ask 'what is Gear 5th?' if he can see into the future?

It's a bit cringey. It ends too similarly to when Luffy revealed Gear 4th.

He only sees a few seconds in the future, so it wouldn't make sense that he'd see him standing over him. He would see Luffy say "gear fifth" before he did say it, but not long enough in to the future to see whatever gear 5th would actually be.

LotusHD

Banned
I forgot cringe was used here excessively

Nah, that actually is kind of lame. You could at least have him say something like "Gear 5 huh..."

Also if you're gonna predict that, then why not just stop him lol

And he can only see 5 seconds, so at best he'd see Luffy getting ready to do Gear 5, not his ass already getting kicked.

Ogodei

I feel like he loses to Katakuri but comes up with a clever plan to escape, but that his loss causes him to meditate on Awakening and figure out how to do it, just like getting his ass kicked by Rob Lucci got him to figure out Gears 2 and 3.

He only sees a few seconds in the future, so it wouldn't make sense that he'd see him standing over him. He would see Luffy say "gear fifth" before he did say it, but not long enough in to the future to see whatever gear 5th would actually be.

It's inconsistent with Katakuri. Sometimes he can only see the aftermath of what happens a few seconds in the future, sometimes he can see things as they play out step-by-step.

Also why would he see Luffy over him, but not see what Gear 5th was?

NSESN

Lame sure but the overuse of cringe is my internet pet peeve

It’s no different than when katakuri saw pudding on the ground but didn’t know why or how

It is different because Pudding on the floor is something that he saw. I doubt he would hear about gear 5 in the future but not see how it is.

It's inconsistent with Katakuri. Sometimes he can only see the aftermath of what happens a few seconds in the future, sometimes he can see things as they play out step-by-step.

I think he always sees how things play out step by step in the current future without his intervention changing it. He just doesn't always understand why they played out like that, like when he saw pudding fall down at the altar, he saw her fall down, but couldn't understand why she did that instead of shooting Sanji, after all, all he did was talk. I only mention that because that's the example the wiki uses of him not being able to see the cause of his foresight, which I don't think is correct. Because all he would have seen was them talking, he wasn't able to understand hey behaviour, not that he didn't see what they both had done.

In that picture, I would assume his foresight would have shown him luffy getting up, "saying "gear 5th"", and then it would either be an instant ko, or the standing over him thing doesn't make sense.
Also why would he see Luffy over him, but not see what Gear 5th was?

He wouldn't be able to see Luffy standing over him. I typed "it wouldn't make sense that he'd see him standing over him." Because I didn't agree with that part either.

Top Bottom