• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Make sure you keep an eye on the right hand list and not just the current price. The normal listing wasn't £11.99 for me as the Amazon one didn't have stock yet. I was just lucky I happened to notice the Amazon listing on the right hand side.

sam777

Make sure you keep an eye on the right hand list and not just the current price. The normal listing wasn't £11.99 for me as the Amazon one didn't have stock yet. I was just lucky I happened to notice the Amazon listing on the right hand side.

Yep, I thought I missed out but noticed that when I was about to close the tab.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a switch? I know is that Toysrus has a £5 discount on orders above £30 and Zavvi has a 10% off code on first order (but I've heard nothing but bad things on ordering at Zavvi).

I'm also debating if I should get the Mario Odyssey bundle or just neon.

Hasney

Best ever prebuilt gaming PC offer I've ever seen in the Uk.

RX 480
i5 7400
Windows 10
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
8GB DDR4
£500
AC Wifi

Perfect for VR or 1080p/60fps gaming.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...HotUKDeals~Communities & UGC~47868&awid=47868

Jesus. I saw that exact PC just with a GTX 1060 instead of the 480 (which are comparable) at Argos Outlet in the summer listed at £740 as a "good deal" but that's insane.

It has the 4GB version of the 480 in there, but you might get lucky and find there is 8GB of RAM in there and just needs flashing to unlock.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4rfo2h/flashing_guide_rx480_4gb_to_8gb/

I have a 750ti and an i5 but I got it in 2014, I think? Wondering if that pc would be an upgrade or not.

I have checked and think that it has 2x 4gb DDR4 in only 2 slots might be a bit of a deal breaker for me, purely because if it was 1x 8gb I could've just added another 8gb stick for not much extra.

Seems like a decent deal in general though

I have a 750ti and an i5 but I got it in 2014, I think? Wondering if that pc would be an upgrade or not.

I have checked and think that it has 2x 4gb DDR4 in only 2 slots might be a bit of a deal breaker for me, purely because if it was 1x 8gb I could've just added another 8gb stick for not much extra.

If you're looking to play most games at medium - high @ ~60, a graphics card upgrade will be enough my friend has been using a similar rig until now - although your processor number would help. However, buying a mid range graphics card at a good price is difficult atm due to miners buying them up.

Hasney

8GB is fine unless you're doing more multitasking or content creation and since most of the RAM for games is used on the GPU, it will probably stay that way.

That said, for your situation probably just be best upgrading your GPU when the time comes. i5's didn't really move on much between the 2013/2014 chips and the 7400 as long as you had one of the higher end i5's. £500 is basically a GTX 1080 and if you wanted to spend the money on upgrading, you could do that instead.

J.Edge

Neo Member
Has anyone stumbled across any good deals on the Steam version of Shadow of War? I've seen some sites slowly sneaking their prices up close to release.

Ruruja

It has to be bullshit. I never saw that price even though I immediately clicked on the page and looked on the right or through the New&used section for other sellers. :-/

I took a screenshot of it after I'd ordered a copy.

WF5A73z.png

DagsJT

wait what? I ordered it days ago and it dispatches oct 20, but you ordered it later and get it the next day? wtf is this amazon

No, I ordered days ago too and had an ETA of 20th October too, but it looks like they got stock earlier.

Lucifon

Yep I'd seen the same thing... Very shameless of them, but I suppose they'd throw out the old "supply and demand" argument as a retort...

CDKeys always raise the prices of games closer to launch - it's when the most people buy it so it makes sense from a business perspective.

Hasney

CDKeys just have automated algorithms where they set a base price and as they get more popular, the price goes up. So closer to release, games usually go up in price.

If you're looking to play most games at medium - high @ ~60, a graphics card upgrade will be enough my friend has been using a similar rig until now - although your processor number would help. However, buying a mid range graphics card at a good price is difficult atm due to miners buying them up.

8GB is fine unless you're doing more multitasking or content creation and since most of the RAM for games is used on the GPU, it will probably stay that way.

That said, for your situation probably just be best upgrading your GPU when the time comes. i5's didn't really move on much between the 2013/2014 chips and the 7400 as long as you had one of the higher end i5's. £500 is basically a GTX 1080 and if you wanted to spend the money on upgrading, you could do that instead.

Thanks for the messages guys, think I'm going to hold out until next year and see what's going on then, might get more for my money with a bigger budget too

Retsudo

wait what? I ordered it days ago and it dispatches oct 20, but you ordered it later and get it the next day? wtf is this amazon

Mine said the same thing, but shipped today and will be here tomorrow. So amazon gonna amazon?

Hope yours comes sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom