• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 XMB Art: An Ongoing HD Image Collection

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This is awesome, I always wanted that VC image as a wallpaper! There's a whole bunch of really nice looking ones to! ^_^

It'd be cool if it were possible to pull background images from the various PS Stores but I doubt anyone'd wanna try that.

Can/will the same be done for PSP games?

jamaniek

Lindsay said:
This is awesome, I always wanted that VC image as a wallpaper! There's a whole bunch of really nice looking ones to! ^_^

It'd be cool if it were possible to pull background images from the various PS Stores but I doubt anyone'd wanna try that.

Can/will the same be done for PSP games?
I doubt that PSS backgrounds are stored on an HDD.

Nizz

This thread's a good idea :D I remember saying to myself "would be nice if this image could be my wallpaper". I'll be using the Kratos one for sure!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Subscribed.

Next time I'm online with my PS3, I'll swing by here. If you're taking requests, I formally request a Critter Crunch background. I love the art of that game and it would be swell.

jamaniek

Brobzoid said:
great thread! Thank you for this. If I could lobby a request, I'd love to see the Wipeout games (I believe there are one for Fury and one for HD plain).
I'll upload Fury background in a few hours (I'm not at home at the moment).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Snuggler said:
Subscribed.

Next time I'm online with my PS3, I'll swing by here. If you're taking requests, I formally request a Critter Crunch background. I love the art of that game and it would be swell.

Critter Crunch is already in the OP! :D

desu

A small collection of backgrounds I ripped myself, from friends or which I picked up previously for my own collection:

Bleach, Ferrari Challange, Naruto 1, NMH, Rorona (JP), NFS Shift, SO4i, Vanquish, KZ2

Rorona int is already in the first post, but maybe someone wants it in JP (for whatever reason).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Keyser Soze said:
Shit, I should anticipated this, but I just found out editing alphabetically into the current list is a pain in the ass...

Will post the update separately for now

I actually prefer the updates posted separately. Makes it easier to see what's new since you last checked, without having to look through everything again.

GeoramA

Downloaded nearly all of them, thanks!

Is there any chance for the Braid background, with the trippy broken hourglass? Love that one.

this is awesome. I was looking for stuff JUST like this back when I was making PS3 custom themes....might try my hand at it again.

Thanks desu, will update those into the first post tomorrow. Too late here now, I will mess up something if I try.

Ellis Kim said:
@OP: Actually, you can get these images via ps3 game save file export. No cfw needed :/

Really, never knew this was possible. How does that work? are you sure it is the same image, witht he full-PNG. My save files look too small to contain them :/

RoadHazard said:
I actually prefer the updates posted separately. Makes it easier to see what's new since you last checked, without having to look through everything again.

That's really good reasoning to keep them separate. Never thought of it that way. I guess I will keep the updates septate then, unless someone else comes up with a good reason to go the other way

I can put up one big ZIP with all the files in it, along with the correct file names, if someone really needs a A-Z order. Will wait a bit until any more image come in, as I really don't want to repeat upload a 150MB file, just to add one or two more images to it.

BTW, thanks everyone for the awesome responses and image submissions. :)

Thank you so much for this thread. It's nice to have everything in one easy to access place. Hopefully someone can get the Sengoku BASARA 3 / SB:SH pic soon. I have wanted to use that for my PC Wallpaper since the day I first got the game ^__^.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I would like someone to extract the Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma's XMB-hover disc icon and background if they haven't been done already. The on-hover disc icon of 2's is really neat.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'd love it if someone found Costume Quest's background. :)

careful

Is it just me or do the images only load partially when you click the link?
I tried in Firefox, Chrome, and IE8.. :(

Sew

careful said:
Not just you.

Where are you located? I'm in Aus, and a friend in Thailand just complained about it too. Maybe something's going on with their servers at the moment.

Pooya

careful said:
just drop the direct link to your download manager if it doesn't load completely.

Sew

That's not working. The d/l speeds drops until it halts completely. I thought dropping the URL into http://imgur.com/ might work, but no dice. It ends up hosting the first 10% of the image.

D min.us for that host.

In regards to the slow loading, you could try the two zips (which will be three zips with the new updates)... which I will get onto now.

http://min.us/mvoZPr9/gallery.zip (Afrika to PixelJunk Monsters [not including Demon's Souls])
http://min.us/mvjB2Sz/gallery.zip (Prince of Persia to WipEout HD [including Demon's Souls])

You could also try to upload the URLs on Imgur, and it will give you a new link for the image to try hosted on that site (not sure if Imgur cut the quality though... although it is worth a try. I think Imgur also have a 2MB limit, and quite a few of the images are over that size)

edit - does not work, and Sew gave the same recomendation above and I somehow missed it anyway :/

desu

Keyser Soze said:
You could also try to upload the URLs on Imgur, and it will give you a new link for the image to try hosted on that site (not sure if Imgur cut the quality though... although it is worth a try. I think Imgur also have a 2MB limit, and quite a few of the images are over that size)

If I remember correctly, imgur is forbidden in the pc high res picture thread because it recompresses your images. So I wouldn't recommend that one if you want to keep the awesome quality of the images.

What the...

nldoi.jpg

what game is this? And what's going on in this picture?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
careful said:

No problems here. I'm in Sweden, running Windows 7 HP x64. Tried it in both Opera and Chrome, works fine in both.

Update 2 added with new stuff. Thanks all :)

Going to try and add a directory/index next, so people can Ctrl+F to find the art for a certain game, or Ctrl+F to find a game name to match the art.

Top Bottom