• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden to be Move compatible (Ubisoft rep told Movemodo)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Believe?

http://www.movemodo.com/news/2011/04/child_of_eden_will_be_playable_with_playstation_move

The ongoing Child of Eden PlayStation Move debate has been bubbling away since the game's first showing in 2010. Recently we reported a rumour that Child of Eden was coming to PlayStation Move, and now we've heard word from Ubisoft that yes, the motion controller is supported.

The Ubisoft representative we spoke to couldn't go into more detail about how the controller would work in-game, but we assume the cursor will tag targets, with a button-press to let loose a shot.

DaBuddaDa

TheOddOne said:
Dunno why the are so coy about this.
This has long been touted as the gotta-have, can't wait, super hype "hardcore" Kinect title that all us "core" gamers need to buy! that'll bring us onto the Kinect bandwagon. The fact that it is not exclusively motion controlled on the xbox kind of dilutes that hype.

So yeah, probably moneyhats of some sort.

dark10x said:
Excellent. The way it is meant to be played.
I'm probably going to wait until both versions are out and hearing a consensus about which one controls better before I invest in motion hardware.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
DaBuddaDa said:
This has long been touted as the gotta-have, can't wait, super hype "hardcore" Kinect title that all us "core" gamers need to buy! that'll bring us onto the Kinect bandwagon.
Forza Motorsport 4?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
DaBuddaDa said:
No, Child of Eden.
I'd rather have the game with 500 cars, Jeremy Clarkson and Kinect head tracking.

Child of Eden can wait, I want to see how it controls with a Move wand in my hand.

DaBuddaDa

twinturbo2 said:
I'd rather have the game with 500 cars, Jeremy Clarkson and Kinect head tracking.

Child of Eden can wait, I want to see how it controls with a Move wand in my hand.
Ok, good for you? This thread is about Child of Eden, I'm really not sure what your anticipation for Forza 4 has to do with anything?

Shurs

I truly believe, if this rumor is true, that playing with Move will yield the best experience. Why? Because of the tactility and precision that the Move controller has the potential to provide.

Ever played Rez without rumble? It's definitely a lesser experience.

probably still gonna get it for kinect (if i get it at all) but more options is always nice. that said is movemodo credible at all? i have never heard of it before.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I do wonder what sort of implementation they will go for if they actually add Move support.

Of course the most obvious one is the one suggested by Movemodo (point to aim, press a button to shoot) but perhaps to make the transition easier they might just replicate the Kinect controls by doing sphere position tracking for aiming with outfiring + swing motion to send "missiles". Basically replace the hand tracked by the Kinect, with the sphere tracked by the PS Eye.

Anyway, hope this is true. This would be my first "Kinect vs Move" video comparison :D

I think the best thing they can do with the Move version is syncopate the Move's orb colour to the music. Too few games make use of the controller's ability to change colour.

MrPliskin

Banned
get2sammyb said:
I think the best thing they can do with the Move version is syncopate the Move's orb colour to the music. Too few games make use of the controller's ability to change colour.

The problem with this is in positional tracking, as color changes can cause errors in tracking.

Sounds good but if the 360 version is still coming first then I'll buy it for traditional controller support and then the PS3 version for motion control.

Shurs said:
I truly believe, if this rumor is true, that playing with Move will yield the best experience. Why? Because of the tactility and precision that the Move controller has the potential to provide.

Ever played Rez without rumble? It's definitely a lesser experience.
Who's to say you can't have remote Xbox controllers rumble independently like the Rez HD port?

LiK

_dementia said:
Who's to say you can't have remote Xbox controllers rumble independently like the Rez HD port?

Actually, Milky confirmed that you can do the same thing as Rez HD and use up to four 360 controllers rumble for the full added effect. PLAY WITH POCKETS AND GO TO HEAVEN!

Pai Pai Master said:
This is a full retail release right? Not PSN/XBLA?
Yep that's the current plan.

Shurs said:
For precision yeah the Move will be better but I think it'll be really cool hands free too.

LiK said:
Actually, Milky confirmed that you can do the same thing as Rez HD and use up to four 360 controllers rumble for the full added effect. PLAY WITH POCKETS AND GO TO HEAVEN!

That's so awesome.

get2sammyb said:
Going by how the aiming reticule changes between blue and pink depending on the type of shot you are using, I'd imagine they'll follow that scheme and one Move controller sphere will be blue (for the lock-on shots) while the other will be pink (for rapid fire).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MrPliskin said:
The problem with this is in positional tracking, as color changes can cause errors in tracking.

Not necessarily. Quite a few games have the color changing quite often with no issue. Funky Lab Rat and Move Heroes for example.

As long as the colors are within the "allowed" palette, everything works fine. Don't forget Move sensors can still guess position in the events sphere is lost for a few seconds.

Alx

TTP said:
I do wonder what sort of implementation they will go for if they actually add Move support.

Of course the most obvious one is the one suggested by Movemodo (point to aim, press a button to shoot) but perhaps to make the transition easier they might just replicate the Kinect controls by doing sphere position tracking for aiming with outfiring + swing motion to send "missiles". Basically replace the hand tracked by the Kinect, with the sphere tracked by the PS Eye.

I think position tracking makes more sense, if they really want to add an emotional link based on gesture. And it's also more suited to Move technology.
They can still include both position tracking and pointing, though. :)

As for Move Vs Kinect, I don't think accuracy is a big deal, it's not about shooting a pixel-sized target after all. But tactile feedback is a big plus, as is freedom of controller-less gameplay.
Everything considered I'm sure both versions will be ok.

Top Bottom