• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 - September 23rd release

Juicy Bob

VVV Mars VG said:
Yeah not far off now, hope to have a review copy very soon and then I'll get to work on extensive video collection.
Wait, how long have you been a GAFfer?! I had no idea.

Your videos are awesome. Especially when you interviewed Crofty and Ant. I'm so envious.

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Doing the |OT| with Lucius is getting me so excited about this. It feels close now, boys.

It makes me feel complete.

Also, what suggestions do people have for the title? I was thinking something similar to the F1 OT thread....

F1 2011 |OT| Now you can finger the competition

Juicy Bob

F1 2011 |OT| of Falling Off "The Cliff"

EDIT: or how about

F1 2011 |OT| of Bernd Mayländer's GOTY

F1 2011 |OT| of KERS, DRS, SCs and HRT

F1 2011 |OT| Purple is our Favourite Colour

F1 2011 |OT| of Seeing Red and Going Purple

Orgun

Lucius86 said:
It makes me feel complete.

Also, what suggestions do people have for the title? I was thinking something similar to the F1 OT thread....

F1 2011 |OT| Now you can finger the competition
Hah

F1 2011 |OT| Look but never stare
F1 2011 |OT| Soaring through the air like a Russian balerina
F1 2011 |OT| Push the button
F1 2011 |OT| I can't go any faster

Sloane

Banned
Kyaw said:
I love the suspension/wheel travel over the bump before turn 1 at Nurburgring GP.

AI is looking good too.
4Players (the only trustworthy German magazine I know) said the AI looked pretty bad at GamesCom. On the other hand, the new features are interesting. I won't pre-order it after last year's disaster but if feedback is good in the first two weeks after its release, I guess I'll bite.

Kyaw

System reqs aren't too bad for DX11 and i know it's going to look quite pretty for a racing game.

Can't wait.

Kyaw

Solid 60 on Dirt 3 but that has WAY more trees but less cars on tracks...

RallyX events are also solid 60 at 4xAA/Ultra.

VVV Mars VG

Juicy Bob said:
Wait, how long have you been a GAFfer?! I had no idea.

Your videos are awesome. Especially when you interviewed Crofty and Ant. I'm so envious.

Hey thanks, yeah I've been here for years, since these were the GA forums, though if you type in TeamVVV I've been having racing coverage featured on neogaf since 2006. But video shows so much more of my personal passion, especially for F1 and so its grown from there.

Talking of which F1 2011 |OT| Gives you The Finger

The PC community dominated the last thread. There are console players but they didn't really post much... probably because we were too busy posting videos of Orgun crashing.

Would love to get this for the PC. I can run F1 2010 at 50-60fps on Ultra and 4xAA, using my old HD4850. Hopefully I can still run this at high settings and get 60fps.

I thought 2010 was pretty easy to get in to. With a number of assists on the game is very forgiving. Once you turn them off it gets hard, but that's how it should be.

AcridMeat

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I thought 2010 was pretty easy to get in to. With a number of assists on the game is very forgiving. Once you turn them off it gets hard, but that's how it should be.

Yes but factor in the new rules with managing the DRS/KERS, the updated tires where you need to bring them to temperature and how they fall off a cliff. That said I don't buy their complaint, turn assists off and learn it.

f0rk

What did they say about GT5? Going off F1 2010 it's not as deep as console sim racers can get, makes me think the reviewer probably prefers drifting to the brakes.

Lucius86

Banned
DieH@rd said:
F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a #2 game

I really like this one. Hmmmmm...

BrokenSymmetry said:
Yes, what is the most-played version around here?

Pc was the dominant force in F1 2010, but we did kind of overrun the thread with our posts. There is definitely a PC league, other leagues will be set up if there is enough people to race and organise it (I doubt FV wants to do it all!)

Ark

f0rk said:
What did they say about GT5? Going off F1 2010 it's not as deep as console sim racers can get, makes me think the reviewer probably prefers drifting to the brakes.

F1 2011 wont be more sim than GT5, it still has that annoying arcadey look to it. But it does at least, have some awesome menu music <3

Omiee said:
pre ordered it, will def be a part of the pc league this year

Vettel-GAF out in full force! :p

What times were your F1 league races last year? Whether or not I buy & compete will depend entirely on whether it will conflict with my GT5 league :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Ark said:
What times were your F1 league races last year? Whether or not I buy & compete will depend entirely on whether it will conflict with my GT5 league :(
We usually decide those after we know who qualifies/is committed to racing. Typically it was the evening for UK, morning for US.

Sloane

Banned
Bucket-o-roadkill said:
8/10, pretty good but I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed its not a 9. They complain about it being too harsh on newbs. Farts to them.
A review this early seems weird anyway. Also, last year almost every review missed the bugs and AI issues, so... yeah.

fresquito

Sloane said:
A review this early seems weird anyway. Also, last year almost every review missed the bugs and AI issues, so... yeah.
Yeah, reviews are useless until you know exactly where there reviewer is coming from. The best thing is reading comments from people and try the game yourself. When I think of reviews I think of GTA IV and I can't stop laughing.

Lucius86

Banned
Ark said:
F1 2011 wont be more sim than GT5, it still has that annoying arcadey look to it. But it does at least, have some awesome menu music <3

Vettel-GAF out in full force! :p

F1 2010 league races were by FAR the most fun I have had in MP gaming since my UT99 days. The racing was often tight, exciting but fair (mistakes happen, but nobody who stuck around was a twat moaning about people or purposefully crashing) - but the best part was the community. We had such a tight group last year, it made it all the better. Some of the duels up and down the field were awesome to say the least - we record videos, post-race interviews if people don't have to leave quickly....We want this to continue and expand for F1 2011.

Saturdays at 4-5pm UK time were the usual times, with 15 mins waiting for people who may be late. Social lives are bloody annoying - I spent most races all dressed up for a night out (yes, one was in fancy dress too) whilst doing 100% races in Season 2. It's the best we could do as we had racers from all over the world.

We will determine the best course of action once we know who qualifies, and the general consensus. Typically last year we had FV hosting the races, which means a UK connection for those on other continents. Await the |OT| :)

PC.

And yes, I have 95% of the league planned already. The only thing I'll need input on is the tracks and how we do the qualifying to see who gets into the league.

But that can get done in the |OT|.

Overall, Lucius and I have figured most of it out, so hopefully this year will be much easier to kick off due to experience with last year and all of the rules etc in place.

Kyaw

4-5PM UK time is perfect. Do that and go straight onto GT5 for Ark's league practice and quali/race at 9PM.

Haha, goddamn, that's a lot of racing in one day!

Also, Kyaw, I think I am going to employ you for our league graphics/tables if you don't mind :) Was quite a lot of work to do that after every race last year so if you're still up for it, the job is yours!

(Sidenote: 9pm is wayyy too late for a Saturday night, do you guys have no social lives? :p)

man only 1 month away, getting all giddy

Still have 2010 360 achievements to get like level 50 online and move to a higher ranking team, which is annoying me because it's not happening :S

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
Haha, goddamn, that's a lot of racing in one day!

Also, Kyaw, I think I am going to employ you for our league graphics/tables if you don't mind :) Was quite a lot of work to do that after every race last year so if you're still up for it, the job is yours!

(Sidenote: 9pm is wayyy too late for a Saturday night, do you guys have no social lives? :p)

Sweeet, i will make something that isn't a pain to update like the Ark's GT5 league graphics ><
There's literally thousands of layers... i should really merge some of them.

And nope, we don't have any social lives. :p

Top Bottom