• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Operation Guillotine gameplay teaser

strafer

battlefield353373f.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Mr_Brit said:
Why are DICE making a console version again?
Money?

I love that they're giving so much attention to the PC version. I hope my GTX 570 is enough for the game.

KingDizzi

Banned
Good god I really hope Lovefilm follow Gamefly and allow for PC rentals, my gaming PC has been gathering dust for over a year now. :(

BeeDog said:
Jesus that looks good. Completely obliterates ArmA 2 in every way imaginable.

Except scale. But my god, an ArmA game with the FB engine (if it can scale well), or equivalent...I'd murder everyone in this thread for that.

Bit-Bit

Mr. Snrub said:
Still doubting a unique SP campaign, but at least it sounds like they're putting good effort into it.

Why the doubt? Bad Company 2 had a pretty good single player campaign. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't bad either. It's not like their competition for single player campaign set a high bar or something.

gdt

Oh

My

God

That trailer convinced me, for sure. I can't even see myself playing the multi, but I'll probably pick it up for the visuals, even though I can't max it.

This vid and the Physical Warfare trailer REALLY make me want a no-hud mode.

Bit-Bit said:
Why the doubt? Bad Company 2 had a pretty good single player campaign. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't bad either. It's not like their competition for single player campaign set a high bar or something.

BC2 was alright. Didn't really separate itself from the COD-style shooting galleries, IMO.

BF3 seems to be focusing on ACTUAL experience, atmosphere, mood, building up tension, instead of throwing shit at you all the time. We'll see how it turns out!

God I would love DICE even more (just a lil' beeit) if they went back to WW2 with Frostbite 2. Just one dip. I wanna see an awesome WW2 shooter that isn't Call of Duty or Medal of Honour (and don't start mentioning any other WW2 games you think are awesome I WANMT BATTLEFIELD GAWDAMMIT)

specialguy said:
Wow.

And just think, imo, next gen consoles will make BF3 maxed on PC look quite poor.

So much for the diminishing returns Wii U crowd.

Dice/EA still is misleading people though, people get all excited and hyped for the amazing looking PC trailers and most of them are going to be taking home the console versions that dont look anywhere near this good, and that they wont show, even though the game is less than two months from release.

hahaha oh you again. You so crazay!

specialguy said:
Dice/EA still is misleading people though, people get all excited and hyped for the amazing looking PC trailers and most of them are going to be taking home the console versions that dont look anywhere near this good, and that they wont show, even though the game is less than two months from release.

Why would I want to see the toned down console version when I am interested in buying the pc version?

See what I did there?

Anyhow graphics look good, I like the atmosphere of the SP.
Even got an ARMA/OPF vibe from it until the cod style shooting at little popping up heads that are camping behind cover started.

Bit-Bit

SLEEPS7ALK3R said:
God I would love DICE even more (just a lil' beeit) if they went back to WW2 with Frostbite 2. Just one dip. I wanna see an awesome WW2 shooter that isn't Call of Duty or Medal of Honour (and don't start mentioning any other WW2 games you think are awesome I WANMT BATTLEFIELD GAWDAMMIT)

I want them to revisit the futuristic Battlefield. Give the soldiers and vehicles true alien technology. That would be an awesome setting for the Battlefield gameplay.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, looks insanely good. Reminds me of Killzone 2, visually, but with a higher level of detail. Very very impressive.

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow man this just looks insane.. WOW

shit blew my fucking mind man.. day one for sure gonna roll up a big fat one and say HELL YEA while I pop some bitches with my mates :D.

And the mortar shells/friendlies being killed by them is dynamic, not scripted, according to some SP impressions for this mission.

Herla said:
His rifle is in his hand while climbing that wall.
IT'S IN HIS FUCKING HAND.

Oh my god.

Stuff like this makes me laugh. Gamers can be so silly sometimes. I remember myself taking a piss in Heavy Rain and going "Mhaha...Hahaha I can piss, I can ACTUALLY piss, bahhhhhhahahaha I CAN PIII-HEH-HEH-HEH-IISS :'D"

Bit-Bit said:
I want them to revisit the futuristic Battlefield. Give the soldiers and vehicles true alien technology. That would be an awesome setting for the Battlefield gameplay.

O fuck mang! *high five* How could I forget 2142. GAOAWDAMN!!11!

Sethos

Banned
jett said:
Anyone know what kind of length are we looking at for the SP campaign?

Depends on how long the initial coma shock takes to wear off, so anywhere between 3 weeks to 9 years, give or take.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
When they say teaser, they mean it. That was incredibly short. But the campaign looks extremely promising.

I don't understand the console hate here. If you consider yourself the master race then why always diss the lower platforms? Is there some hidden jealousy with the master race or something? :p The trailer looks damn good and that showcases the power of the pc but I'm happy with what I have seen on the ps3. Those coop vids really look impressive to me and the lighting looks just as good as the lighting in the new trailer imo

Sethos said:
Depends on how long the initial coma shock takes to wear off, so anywhere between 3 weeks to 9 years, give or take.

lol.gif

They said that MW2 took them 6 hours to beat, and it's longer than that, but not quite twice as long. So, somewhere between 6-10 hours.

And there's also the co-op campaign.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
jett said:
Anyone know what kind of length are we looking at for the SP campaign?
They said its slightly longer than MW2. So, I guess 7 hours?

“I’d say it was probably slightly more than that. Based on our play-times it’s probably more than that, but it’s not twice as long. But, again, we’ll see. When you play it on hard difficulty, it’ll take a lot more time. It’s all about making sure the experience is as awesome as possible. I’d rather have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of ‘meh’.”

Top Bottom