• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

Can't really hate on the hate for the changed models in that CEA cutscene thread. They are pretty jarring. Keyes for example should look like a current gen version of the original Keyes, not this weird/younger stranger from Reach with the voice of Keyes. And Johnson is neither the original one nor the sequels one.. oih..

Devin Olsen said:
Where did she go?

School is kickin' my ass right now. Silkscreen especially. Gotta go into the building a lot for it which means so much less Halo time. Plus the beta right now not enthused. Still here reading and stuff though.

Silkscreen for those of you who are still confused:

So basically you create a concept, you have to create separate layers on acetate for each color, then you burn these sheets into a screen as stencils. Then while I do that, I'm mixing inks to use. Wash screen. Wait to dry. Do a layer of color (it's called a run) on say 20-30 pieces of paper with a squeegee. Wash screen. Wait to try. Do another layer of color.

silkscreening.jpg

So even something as simple as this design with only three colors:
IcY1j.jpg

can take a day's worth of work. Then if you fuck something up, you're looking at even more time.

On top of this class I have to redesign the SF Symphony website, rebrand Fry's and a history of art class. I knew at some point my gamin' would take a hit ;_;.

Edit: also is the beta relatively the same?

Trasher said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice to see some CEA footage today, but still waiting on multiplayer gameplay directly from 343. They know how to aim guns right? The IGN footage is downright alarming.

Trasher

FyreWulff said:
This cutscene is now completely ruined awesome for me. Now I'm visualizing the RvB version AND Jorge having extremely long arms, walking around and grabbing everything.
Spartan II's are big, bro.

Trasher said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/14x32hl.png[IMG]

Wtf is "Halp?" Never played such a stupid game as that. Sorry.[/QUOTE]
Now read the Halo books again and you will replace Frankie at 343i. Well deserved.

daedalius

Zeouterlimits said:
Can someone halp me understand what happened to that Keyes model?

Mesh over original CE skeleton maybe? Has to sync with non-lip-synced mouths from the original, since I don't think they did new animation.

Havok said:
Reach happened.

(Probably the only redesign that I've strongly disliked since day one.)
But has he been applying Johnson's Baby Oil in flight since departing Reach?
At least in Reach (where the model change was okay save for the fact he looks like Carter) he looks old and aged. There's some weird baby face going on here :

PDtJa.png

Zeouterlimits said:
Can someone halp me understand what happened to that Keyes model?
People are saying CEA blablabla Reach happened etc. But you want an answer why Keyes looks younger than his Reach version. I can explain it to you.

Do you know the twin paradox theory by Einstein? We are going to tune that a bit. We know that if we use Slipstream, we travel faster than light. Much faster than light speed. According to Einstein's theory, the person ages slower than his twin brother on the planet. But we are travelling faster light speed, so he gets younger. And ONLY HE GETS YOUNGER BECAUSE HE HAS SOME SPECIAL GENS. Deus ex machina. problem solved. thank you for reading.

Havok

Zeouterlimits said:
At least in Reach (where the model change was okay save for the fact he looks like Carter) he looks old and aged. There's some weird baby face going on here :

http://i.imgur.com/PDtJa.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I think that Reach shot is at the perfect angle and lighting to pronounce the few signs of age that are there. In the rest of that PoA cutscene he doesn't look much like that. I wasn't a fan. Anniversary Keyes looks a little funky, but whatever, we'll see him three times in the entire game. The other NPCs have looked fine.

Hypertrooper said:
Do you know the twin paradox theory by Einstein? We are going to tune that a bit. We know that if we use Slipstream, we travel faster than light. Much faster than light speed. According to Einstein's theory, the person ages slower than his twin brother on the planet. But we are travelling faster light speed, so he gets younger. And ONLY HE GETS YOUNGER BECAUSE HE HAS SOME SPECIAL GENS. Deux ex machina. problem solved. thank you for reading.
11/10, someone get this man a Pulitzer.

Havok said:
I think that Reach shot is at the perfect angle and lighting to pronounce the few signs of age that are there. In the rest of that PoA cutscene he doesn't look much like that. I wasn't a fan.
I refuse to believe he looked oiled up and baby-faced in Reach. If the engine/lighting/whatever made it look so bad in Anniversary, a flag must have gone up - "Is this okay?"

ElRenoRaven

Zeouterlimits said:

http://i.imgur.com/PDtJa.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Gotta say I do like the Keyes model from Reach the best myself. I do agree that he looks a bit younger then he should in this.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
PsychoRaven said:
Gotta say I do like the Keyes model from Reach the best myself. I do agree that he looks a bit younger then he should in this.
Eyebrows aren't thick enough. Men need eyebrows.

A27_StarWolf said:
We salute you, Mr. gets younger every game.

HE REALLY LIKES BENJAMIN BUUUTTTON!

He doesn't even look all that much younger to me, just a different person entirely. Too much fat on his face, not enough gauntness or lines.

ElRenoRaven

Trasher said:
If CEA Keyes doesn't have a Marathon emblem by his nametag I will not buy the game.

Guess it's off your list then.

Lyphen said:
Eyebrows aren't thick enough. Men need eyebrows.

Ok take original Keyes eyebrows and combine with Halo Reach Keyes and that's a good Keyes. Biff from BTTF there just seems odd.

Devolution said:
He doesn't even look all that much younger to me, just a different person entirely. Too much fat on his face, not enough gauntness or lines.
he's got a little bit of Arnold going on in the last one

Wow, Keyes does look a lot younger since he quit smoking.

Do we have a screenshot of his teeth in CEA? They're probably whiter.

Magni

I haven't been active in HaloGAF for wayyy too long. Moving abroad and leaving the 360 behind at the same time as the thread was moved to Community didn't help.. But I'm back! Need people to play with though, randoms just don't do it anymore :(

If anyone wants to drag me off Forza (or be my Rival :p), it's zMagni :)

What's the current FoF GT for HaloGAF on Reach?

Karl2177

I just played through The Library again. My bitching earlier isn't as justified as it was earlier. It's still difficult, but it isn't nearly as bad as I remember.

wwm0nkey

So any HaloGAF members picking up BF3 tonight? Might be playing with a few of the DICE guys and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join up.

wwm0nkey said:
So any HaloGAF members picking up BF3 tonight? Might be playing with a few of the DICE guys and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join up.

It will arrive tomorrow (360 version), but I won't be able to play until Wednesday afternoon.

MagniHarvald said:
I haven't been active in HaloGAF for wayyy too long. Moving abroad and leaving the 360 behind at the same time as the thread was moved to Community didn't help.. But I'm back! Need people to play with though, randoms just don't do it anymore :(

If anyone wants to drag me off Forza (or be my Rival :p), it's zMagni :)

What's the current FoF GT for HaloGAF on Reach?
Howdy sir. Long time no read. Still regret that we haven't met at GamesCom '10. Next year definitely I promise! I hope you stick with us :)

Homeboyd said:
Just MURKED that weekly. Do people still say that?

Fuck yeah bros.

I knew someone who put that in theyre gamertag. Such pleasure was had saying get merked in custom games. :p

wwm0nkey said:

Oh wow its out today!!? I really didnt know, I do want to pick it up but I think I want to wait on how well gaffers find the xbox version.

Top Bottom