• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

wwm0nkey said:
So any HaloGAF members picking up BF3 tonight? Might be playing with a few of the DICE guys and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join up.

Gotta wait till Thursday at the very least for us Europeans.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
I knew someone who put that in theyre gamertag. Such pleasure was had saying get merked in custom games. :p

Oh wow its out today!!? I really didnt know, I do want to pick it up but I think I want to wait on how well gaffers find the xbox version.
Its out at midnight.

Also I will post impressions after I pick it up.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
Its out at midnight.

Also I will post impressions after I pick it up.
Did you play Bad Company 2? Thats the last kind-of-Battlefield game I played. Could you tell me if the formula is still the same with 3 and how the 360 version handles (I know I can go into that thread, but I rather not). Thanks!

wwm0nkey

TheOddOne said:
Did you play Bad Company 2? Thats the last kind-of-Battlefield game I played. Could you tell me if the formula is still the same with 3 and how the 360 version handles (I know I can go into that thread, but I rather not). Thanks!
Played the ever loving hell out of BC2. Battlefield is one of my all time favorite video game series.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
Played the ever loving hell out of BC2. Battlefield is one of my all time favorite video game series.
At one time I really loved BC2, but then the camping got really rampant and just didn't give a damn anymore.

Homeboyd

I love seeing that challenge screen say "Daily: 4 Weekly: 1"

I don't know why... I just love it.

Man, I forgot about BF3 tonight. May have to go preorder it real quick and pick it up tomorrow.

:)

wwm0nkey

Homeboyd said:
I love seeing that challenge screen say "Daily: 4 Weekly: 1"

I don't know why... I just love it.

Man, I forgot about BF3 tonight. May have to go preorder it real quick and pick it up tomorrow.

:)
4 free maps man

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If you're on the fence about Battlefield, read this.

Publisher and developers manipulating the press and withholding any pre-release review copies from top-tier respectable publications.

A lacklustre single-player campaign and horrible co-op? Two of the three main game modes can be written off?

I thought the Beta was just terrible. Not even sweet Battlefield gameplay could save it. And now all of this? Shameful.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Battlefield is two things:

A multiplayer game.

A PC Game.

Your PC can't even do Silverlight!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Slightly Live said:

Publisher and developers manipulating the press and withholding any pre-release review copies from top-tier respectable publications.

A lacklustre single-player campaign and horrible co-op? Two of the three main game modes can be written off?

I thought the Beta was just terrible. Not even sweet Battlefield gameplay could save it. And now all of this? Shameful.

Yea I just saw this. Honestly I feel like the PC would be the way to go if I were interested in buying this game.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Yea I just saw this. Honestly I feel like the PC would be the way to go if I were interested in buying this game.

PC is almost always the way to go when games like this come out.

I mean, come on. 64 players. Come. On.

Tashi

Sai-kun said:

It's true. Also, after playing SC2 on PC, I don't understand how RTS games can come out on consoles. It's too much. There's no way you can play a deep RTS game at a high level on a console.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Zeouterlimits said:
Let's all go play Starcraft.
Ugh. Played my first game in months last night. Why the hell am I in Platinum League? I didn't even remember I had to build a Cybernetics core for Stalkers.

Sai-kun said:

And luckily, it has xinput so you can fly with a controller. Best of all possible worlds and dimensions.

Schmitty

I'll be on BF3 at 12am EST

And for Halo talk: Why do Johnson and Keyes look so weird in the CEA. Keyes looks younger, but with gray hair and Johnson looks fatter

Woorloog

Banned
Didn't even ask for campaign or co-op in BF so i don't care if they suck in BF3. Playing it purely for multiplayer (Xbox360, i hope we can play togheter someday, replaces Reach as my MP game).
That is, once it is released in Europe...

thezerofire said:
Yeah, seriously. 24 people just isn't comparable.

Only 'Conquest Large' is for 64 players. In every other gametype you are comparing 24 to 32 players.

I'd get it for the PC if I had the rig of course though.

Lyphen said:
And to go back to throwaway game modes - we do that all the time. Did Bioshock 2's multiplayer mode detract from the game? Did Crysis Wars make the whole package any worse?

At least in this case, the mode with the longest life had the most effort put into it.

I always thought the Bioshock 2 multiplayer mode was very underrated. I thought it was pretty fun.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
And to go back to write-off game modes - we do that all the time. Did Bioshock 2's multiplayer mode detract from the game? Did Crysis Wars make the whole package any worse?

At least in this case, the mode with the longest life had the most effort put into it.

Kuroyume

Banned
Slightly Live said:

Oh well, that's one more game mode worth playing than there is in Reach...

Tashi

Lyphen said:
And to go back to write-off modes - we do that all the time. Did Bioshock 2's multiplayer mode detract from the game? Did Crysis Wars make the whole package any worse?

That's a fair point. I kinda sorta write off Firefight.

Don't kill me

Sai-kun

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Only 'Conquest Large' is for 64 players. In every other gametype you are comparing 24 to 32 players.

There will be 32 player conquest and rush servers, but most people will flock to 64 player conquest, because that's how BF is meant to be played, for real.

Tawpgun

I really only wanted the coop missions to be good, or at least as fun as the MW2 spec ops missions were.

But battlefield games being rated heavily on their singleplayer. lulz. It's like rating Bioshock 2 based on its multiplayer.

thezerofire said:
it doesn't hold a candle to either Horde or ODST Firefight

THIIIIIIIISSSS

Halo 4 fix firefight plz. More survival, less POINTS.

Steelyuhas said:
I always thought the Bioshock 2 multiplayer mode was very underrated. I thought it was pretty fun.

Yeah, me to, loved the setting and the plasmids. Capture the little sister was a fun mode, although, electro bolt+crossbow (upgraded)= ownage

As for BF3, 360 all the way, PC gaming just irritates me, also the fact that rush mode was really made for the console demographic.

Sai-kun said:
There will be 32 player conquest and rush servers, but most people will flock to 64 player conquest, because that's how BF is meant to be played, for real.

I realize that I just wanted to point out when people keep directly comparing 64 to 24 like everything on the PC is always 64 and you are trying to play the same exact setup with 24 on the console, which is not the case.

Needz new consoles though basically.

ElzarTheBam said:
Yeah, me to, loved the setting and the plasmids. Capture the little sister was a fun mode, although, electro bolt+crossbow (upgraded)= ownage

As for BF3, 360 all the way, PC gaming just irritates me, also the fact that rush mode was really made for the console demographic.

Yeah I play both, but I play Rush more often than Conquest. I like it's more focused setup (especially for 24 players on the consoles).

Steelyuhas said:
Needz new consoles though basically.

Yeah I play both, but I play Rush more often than Conquest. I like it's more focused setup (especially for 24 players on the consoles).
I agree with both these sentiments

Tawpgun

Kuroyume said:
They need to fix multiplayer before they start fooling around with the lesser modes like Firefight.
This.

Thiiiiiiiiiiis.

I'm all for an amazing firefight experience but on the list of priorities it should be after multiplayer.

Some may disagree.

Tashi0106 said:
That's a fair point. I kinda sorta write off Firefight.

Don't kill me

I think thats besides the point though. With battlefield they are writing off major modes.

I will say that I also write off Firefight, it seems a bit too repetitive.

Tawpgun

Shit I didn't even notice the pipe was gone.

:(

bobs99 ... said:
I think thats besides the point though. With battlefield they are writing off major modes.

Major modes? No. Not at all.

The Battlefield series has NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER been about the SP or some coop modes.

FyreWulff

PsychoRaven said:
So it seems Bungie has some thoughts on the Cutscene change.

MS doesn't want that "Tobacco Reference" descriptor on the game's ESRB rating

esrb_alcohol.gif

bobs99 ... said:

So does it really matter though? Battlefield is all about the competitive multiplayer modes, and no one is saying that they didn't absolutely deliver in that department. Is it really that big of a deal that the campaign is nothing more than solid (I've heard it has some really damn awesome moments in it) and a small co-op mode when players are going to put hundreds of hours into the competitive multiplayer?

FyreWulff said:
MS doesn't want that "Tobacco Reference" descriptor on the game's ESRB rating

esrb_alcohol.gif

LOL

Slightly Live said:

I read the whole fiasco about withholding the game was just one small marketing division in norway being bad at what they do.

Furthermore, I stand by EA's actions.

This game is really important to them, and their future with this franchise. It has been made clear they really want to take some market share away from Call of Duty. It's THEIR game if they don't want to let it be reviewed before a certain time, they should be able to withhold the game.

Its only fair to the people buying the game that the review is with the day 1 patch...

I don't really agree with the people who are saying it isn't a big concern that BF3's campaign ''is bad''. Some people actually play these games for their campaign, although the number is very low. Same with MW3, the vast majority of people buy it for the multiplayer but some people really enjoy it's campaign.

Being a multiplayer game shouldn't be a free pass to have a bad/medicore campaign. If a developer decides to ad a campaign to their game, it should be one of their concerns to make it a good experience.

Top Bottom