• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Forge |OT| - Create, Share & Kill

Community Cartographers are back?! Awesome.

Can someone grab 343i's ear and get the Haunted Manor into Infection matchmaking in time for Halloween?! I know it was submitted to CC's and playtested...but I never really heard back!

blamite

Hmm, I have a TS map I made way back before my account got approved and that I never got around to posting. If this thread is alive again I guess I'll touch it up and post it later.

Retro

I guess I might as well post the last map I made; Beach 2.0 (Click to download)

Kind of going for an Urban Combat-type map; there's lots of buildings and alleys to duck into at street level, lots of space for DMR fights on the rooftops, lots of underground passages for close-encounters. Should work for CTF and Slayer.

We had some slowdown on the beach area in 5v5 Slayer and a few weapon/spawn issues (not to mention too many Grenades) that should be improved or (hopefully) fixed but I haven't had a chance to test it with enough people since changes were made.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Infections variants on non-Forge World maps using the MM Infection variant.

Race maps that support 2-player split-screen using the default Race variant.

We wants them.

Retro

NOKYARD said:

Sure. Once again, the download link for Beach 2.0. And yes, I tweaked the colors in Photoshop to make things less blue so you can actually see things rather than just a big blue-gray mess.

ordkl.jpg

Jumping between rooftops. The flags are placed at this elevation, so controlling your objectives involves restricting roof access (no small task, every building has a way up) while avoiding getting picked off from across the way. Since there are multiple paths through the street and sewer levels, people can safely cross the map without being sniped to pieces (in fact, I originally had Snipers on this map but took them out because they were ineffective).

NB9p3.jpg

The "Back Lot". The pillars form a ring showing where the kill boundary is so nobody goes running off into the empty wilderness. This area seems fairly exposed, but it's the lowest elevation and off to the side of the map so people can get through it if they're fast.

JMNKb.jpg

The "Beach Head". Blue team spawns down here (Yes, they spawn away from their flag, as does Red team) but unless you're running out to the edge of the dock (for the Propipe) you're actually covered pretty decently. You can see the little watchtower here where one of the Concussion Rifles sits.

inMMA.jpg

The "Inception Shot", straight overhead looking down. Kinda hard to tell what elevation everything is, but it should give you an idea of how compact and layered the map is.

Retro

squidhands said:
That looks insane. Queued.

Heh, hope you like it. It still needs some work, I expect there are still slowdown issues in a few places and I really want to tighten up the weapon selection (i.e. Cut out the needlers, plasma repeaters, hammer and such that are there for variety that isn't really needed). Want to make sure the map itself plays decently before I get into the finer details, hopefully the slowdown is better (when we tested out before the dock area really chugged).

Hey You

Slightly Live said:
Infections variants on non-Forge World maps using the MM Infection variant.

Race maps that support 2-player split-screen using the default Race variant.

We wants them.
Last possible time to pass the link along?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hey You said:
Last possible time to pass the link along?

We need to check the maps out and pass back any issues or feedback back to the map authors. Sooner the better is best.

Also, just want to point out that there's no promises made here that can be later broken. =)

Homeboyd

Retro said:
I guess I might as well post the last map I made; Beach 2.0 (Click to download)

Kind of going for an Urban Combat-type map; there's lots of buildings and alleys to duck into at street level, lots of space for DMR fights on the rooftops, lots of underground passages for close-encounters. Should work for CTF and Slayer.

We had some slowdown on the beach area in 5v5 Slayer and a few weapon/spawn issues (not to mention too many Grenades) that should be improved or (hopefully) fixed but I haven't had a chance to test it with enough people since changes were made.
Looks like an Invasion map. Is it big enough to support it? Can't tell from the pics. Definitely que'd though. Looks like fun.

Hey You

Slightly Live said:
We need to check the maps out and pass back any issues or feedback back to the map authors. Sooner the better is best.

Also, just want to point out that there's no promises made here that can be later broken. =)
Alright, I understand. I'll try to organize a test session or two soon.

Retro

Homeboyd said:
Looks like an Invasion map. Is it big enough to support it? Can't tell from the pics. Definitely que'd though. Looks like fun.

Considering I have no idea how to even set up an Invasion map, I'm gonna have to say no. It's probably too compact though, compared to most of the invasion maps I've seen.

Let me know what you think, especially any slowdown, framerate issues, and thoughts on weapon selection/placement.

NOKYARD said:
No announcements yet, but i can say ForgeGAF is well represented.
So you guys are looking for non Forge World maps? I made Deathpoint, it is basically a smaller version of Breakpoint, I gave it an infection feel, closed the tunnel, blocked the bridge and added new junps and ledges to make it more interesting and fun to play, it supports all infection gametypes including safe havens.

Here is the link, I will post some screenshots soon.

Karl2177

As I posted on HaloGAF, I'm attempting to fix The Cage/Uncaged. The initial version will be up on my File Share sometime soon, but I wanted some feedback before I post it. I took this picture and threw in some text to show where things are. It is essentially Uncaged with the changes pointed out.

reach_24793819_Full-1.jpg

Posting this here so hopefully I can do some test with some GAFers.

Map download: Highlands
Specific gametype: Invasion: Highlands

I attempted to turn Highlands into a good Invasion map and the results are really great, in my opinion this maps play way better than Boneyard and Spire which are both turned into a shotgun camping festival during phase 3. Maps promotes strategy ( multiple paths to take and lots of ways to approach combat).

Description: Opposite to most Invasion maps, Invasion: Highlands is a semi-linear based invasion map by design where most parts of the map are already unlocked from the start.
This was my personal choice as I wanted it to feel different and more balanced than built-in invasion maps. It's three phases consists of two territories based phases and ctf for the last one, pretty much like Boneyard and Spire. Elites will be attacking and Spartans must defend their installations as you can see
in this video:

Invasion: Highlands (16:28)

Map layout and action shots:

reach_23763639_Full.jpg
reach_23763641_Full.jpg

Photobucket album (17 Screenshots)

Phase One
Elites spawns near the Pelican while Spartans spawn over Red Base. They will try to capture two territories in order to unlock next phase. Each Elite fire team will be given one needle riffle from spawn (40s).

Phase Two
Elites are given a jetpack loadout during this phase to help them approach both territories from ground or sneaking over the dam. They will also be given a ghost and a Plasma Launcher.
Spartans receive a shotgun (45s).

Phase Three
Elites are given a Banshee (50s), two Shade turrets (30s), one Ghost (30s) and a Revenant (40s). They will also have a Plasma Launcher, the FRG and a Focus riffle.
Spartans will receive two warthogs (55s) both rockets and machine gun, rockets, a spartan laser and two mongooses.

If any HaloGAFer wants to help me test the map my GT is Gabotron ES.

Top Bottom