• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW orders pilot for "Green Arrow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CW and Warner Bros. Television are readying a pilot order for "Arrow", a show based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow says The Live Feed.

Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim ("Green Lantern") are writing and executive producing the project with their "Eli Stone" cohort Andrew Kreisberg.

The network wrapped up its young Superman series "Smallville" last May after a ten year run. In that show Justin Hartley played Green Arrow as a wealthy playboy by day and crime fighting archer by night. Hartley is not attached to this version.

The CW previously produced a pilot for an "Aquaman" TV series which wasn't picked up. That show also starred Hartley in the role of the amphibious superhero.

X6UWU.png

JdFoX187

Banned
Should have just made a Smallville spin-off with Justin Hartley continuing as Green Arrow. They're going to get similar audiences and it would have been a great opportunity to continue with little transition. Maybe have Tom Welling show up as Clark at some point in future seasons if it ever made it that far. Oh well though. I doubt this will make it past the pilot phase.

Orayn

In before he's 18 years old in the story, played by someone who looks about 28, and is filled with angst and still finding his place in the world.

GCQuinton

I know the OP was trying to make a funny, but I really would rather see a Booster Gold show. Never liked GA much.

The best part of that episode was seeing how few fucks Supes gave when he found out he beating up/hating on a kid.

Syfy's developing a Booster Gold series so that may actually happen.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
Nightwing could work, especially on a network with teen shows like Vampire Chronicles and Supernatural.

Batman Beyond too

Chairhome

Update: Oliver Queen has been cast.

thumbnail.php

Stephen Amell, fresh from stints on "Hung" and "The Vampire Diaries," has been cast as wealthy bad boy turned vigilante Oliver Queen in The CW's "Arrow" pilot, Deadline reports.

Previous news: Casting breakdown.

Oliver Queen: A 27-year-old reformed bad boy, who after having spent five years shipwrecked on a tiny, brutally dangerous island in the South China Sea returns to town a different man. Or to be more specific, a tortured, thoughtful master of the bow with a ferocious determination to make a difference.

Dinah “Laurel” Lance: 28 years old, smart sexy, Laurel is a legal aid attorney determined to use her life as a one-woman war against the 1% following the death of her younger sister Sara. A sister, who as luck would have it, just so happened to have died aboard Oliver’s yacht.

Tommy Merlyn: 28 years old and devil-smooth, Tommy is a trustafarian like Oliver, a spectacularly rich young man whose life revolves around parties, clubs, liquor and lots of anonymous sex. Unlike Oliver, he can’t seem to understand his former best friend’s sudden change of lifestyle and direction.

Moira Queen: 48 years old, a beautiful woman, Oliver’s mother Moira is a very wealthy woman who is not used to being shaken. Having remarried during the five years that former husband Robert and Oliver were both presumed dead, Moira has had free rein over the Queen billions. Not surprisingly, she’s deeply interested in learning whether or not Robert will also return unexpectedly, to ruin her present marriage and go over the books with a fine-tooth comb.

John Diggle: 35 years old, African-American, Diggle is really, really big, a former military man who served with the Army Rangers in Afghanistan, and has been a bodyguard for hire for the last four years. Hired by Moira to be Oliver’s chauffeur and protector, Diggle soon finds he is trapped in a battle of wits, as Oliver repeatedly eludes his protection. But in fact, Diggle’s primary conflict is one of loyalty — he has to show that he’s working for Oliver, not Moira, before Oliver will give him a smidgen of trust.

Thea Queen: 17 years old (suggest 17-22 years), Oliver’s Lolita-esque sister, Thea was a 12 year old girl when he went on his infamous yachting voyage — but now she’s a celebutante who’s testing the boundaries of acceptable behavior. Thea loved her big brother with all her heart, and is delighted to have him back in her life — but she’s spreading her wings, and is unprepared for Oliver to become the Bad Cop in the family, restricting her access to boys and drugs.

come WB a young Batman or a Superman show (though I guess they don't have the budget for it) but after Smallville we need something like "Gotham" or some shit like that.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Green Arrow is my third favorite D.C. superhero behind Dick Grayson.

KamenSenshi

They really should have just continued on with Green Arrow from Smallville. Already covered his back story so they could just use it as flashbacks for the first episodes as a set up, plus the built-in audience coming from Smallville.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Steve Amell is Green Arrow?

Holy shit, I went to high school with Amell. Played 2 years of varsity football with him. Good guy.

ivysaur12

Banned
Pretty sure the CW has some sort of factory where they churn these guys out.

Also, I liked the pilot more than I thought I would. Cheesy in parts, but it reads fast and Amell looks the role. And it's the CW, so that's what's expected. It's certainly better than Cult.

Slayven

Never liked GA, he was like the angry liberal Hawkeye wannabe. And his kid was bland as shit with annoying pigmentation.

Never liked GA, he was like the angry liberal Hawkeye wannabe. And his kid was bland as shit with annoying pigmentation.

Green Arrow is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. Created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941.

Hawkeye (Clinton "Clint" Francis Barton), also known as Goliath and Ronin, is a fictional character that appears in the comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in Tales of Suspense #57 (Sept. 1964) and was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Don Heck.

Got that backwards.

Penguin

If anything, he was a liberal Batman.

I do prefer the newer Green Arrow though. He's kind of a superhero James Bond.

Slayven

Green Arrow is a fictional superhero that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. Created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941.

Hawkeye (Clinton "Clint" Francis Barton), also known as Goliath and Ronin, is a fictional character that appears in the comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in Tales of Suspense #57 (Sept. 1964) and was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Don Heck.

Got that backwards.

He appeared first but Clint is the standart for being a badass archer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom