• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW orders pilot for "Green Arrow"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Where do you get things like this? Hawkeye has never had a definitive story...like ever.

Green Arrow has had many.

Hawkeye is the direct ripoff and the wannabee.

Lol I would agree with you but you are wrong. Hawkeye had numerous defining stories and moments.

I wanted an old fart commie Green Arrow show :( Would've been funny as shit.
That would have been confusing as hell for the people being introduced to the new Green Arrow, aka "Steve Jobs with a Robin Hood fetish."

8lbiZ.jpg

Lol I would agree with you but you are wrong. Hawkeye had numerous defining stories and moments.

I'm hoping for HUGE things in his Secret Avengers stint. The last time I felt anyone do him justice was his first mini with Mockingbird and that was forever ago.

Smallville left them the perfect spinoff point and they do this. But I don't know if a Green Arrow spinoff would've even worked like that anyway. The worst news is there's less Allison Mack on my TV than there was before. I'll check it out when I get the chance to.

JdFoX187

Banned
They really should have just continued on with Green Arrow from Smallville. Already covered his back story so they could just use it as flashbacks for the first episodes as a set up, plus the built-in audience coming from Smallville.

I've been saying this all along. CW let a good opportunity slip through their hands with that one. Justin Hartley was pretty good, even if there were a few deviations here and there from the original character.

ivysaur12

Banned
I've been saying this all along. CW let a good opportunity slip through their hands with that one. Justin Hartley was pretty good, even if there were a few deviations here and there from the original character.

They really didn't want to do a Smallville spin-off, though. It was much more cost-effective to start over, even with the same writers.

JdFoX187

Banned
They really didn't want to do a Smallville spin-off, though. It was much more cost-effective to start over, even with the same writers.

That is probably true. And it does give them an opportunity to do something different with the character. Just going to seem weird seeing a new guy playing the character after Hartley has done it for the past five or so years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom