• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[eShop] Europe, Demos are coming!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
kahfakfgiuq1h1eihfhidahfafakf

^ my initial response upon reading OP :D

LOL, 3 tries xD!?

Yes, 3 tries. It's absurd, but there's even a logic behind it.

The demo they did for X2 has been downloaded 1 million times, but the game didn't reach absolutely such numbers in actual sales. So, probably, they thought that people felt satisfied just with the demo and that limiting SO much play times with the demo would have made people buy the game after playing the demo. But just 3 times is so retarted XD

Yes, 3 tries. It's absurd, but there's even a logic behind it.

The demo they did for X2 has been downloaded 1 million times, but the game didn't reach absolutely such numbers in actual sales. So, probably, they thought that people felt satisfied just with the demo and that limiting SO much play times with the demo would have made people buy the game after playing the demo. But just 3 times is so retarted XD

I love how this conclusion actually says more about the quality of the full product^^

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
America too!

FREE NINTENDO 3DS GAME DEMOS HEAD TO NINTENDO ESHOP

Resident Evil Revelations Demo Available Tomorrow

REDMOND, Wash., Jan. 18, 2012 - Nintendo 3DS™ owners soon will be able to play free downloadable demo versions of select games. Starting tomorrow, owners can go to the Nintendo eShop to download a free demo version of Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom. A free demo version of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ published by SEGA will launch on Jan. 26. The Nintendo eShop will be periodically updated with new game demos.

"The demo program allows Nintendo 3DS players to be among the first to test-drive select games," said Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director and general manager of Network Business. "Players can try out new genres or series, often weeks before the full versions are available in stores."

Additional demos coming soon include Rayman® Origins from Ubisoft and METAL GEAR SOLID® Snake Eater 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment. Specific dates and other games in the demo program will be announced at a later time.

Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.8 billion video games and more than 610 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rahman Origins demo ? I'll need to try that, already own the Wii version but I wonder how it plays and looks on the 3DS.

Plasma

Banned
Woah slow down Nintendo don't go crazy, next thing you know you might end up putting out more than one VC release a week on the EShop.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Competence. See, it's not that hard, NoE/NoA.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Woah slow down Nintendo don't go crazy, next thing you know you might end up putting out more than one VC release a week on the EShop.

NOE is releasing a VC game for 3DS AND Wii tomorrow. Someone must have spiked the water cooler or something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Rayman Origins demo?!?! I hope they put it on European store too! :D

Awesome about Rayman Origins in NA! I'd love to try Rhythm Thief and Cooking Mama 4 (never tried a previous entry), but RO is a great start!

An Ace Combat demo would be great as well.

Or are these only for upcoming games?

Yeah, I'm actually complaining about currently out games not getting demos. XD But it would help me decide if I want to go out and buy said game.

So more or less the same stuff that's on the Japanese one. Not bad, would be better had I not already played them though :p

Would love to see demos for a lot more 3DS games in general.

Resident Evil Revelations
Cooking Mama 4
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Rayman Origins
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

Gimme!

uULy6.gif

Mistle

Is it normal for my Australian 3DS to not have any additions to the eShop since Jan 5th? I didn't get anything new last Thursday, and nothing this Thursday either (so far.. it's 4:30pm though).

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Guess the 19th means, lunch time then?

went to the e-shop nothing, will up date just in case

wanted to tried resi out on the train to work, dont want to go to work all day then have to dl it at home (in before cannot connect to work's wi-fi)

Scum

Resident Evil: Revelations and Cooking Mama 4 are now available for download. In the UK anyway.

moozoom

French store : downloading RE Revelations PAL demo right now... and hoping I still have some space to get the other one ( it's been a while since I played Cooking Mama, I hope she still has that weird accent of the wii version)

Can't wait for the Rythm Thief demo, the game was hyped everywhere in Japan during my holidays there, and it looks fantastic. (the Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo stages & music sealed the deal for me)

tzare

how big are those demos? i wonder how many storage left do i have on the sd since i never cared to check out

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I may have to finally exit out of Ghost Trick now. It is certainly going to have my longest average play time since all I have done is put the system to sleep.

sakipon

So, RE: R and Cooking Mama, where are the rest? :?

The rest? With Nintendo you should be grateful you get any demos at all. And in any case, surely they want to secure some interesting stuff for the following weeks and months.

Alrus

Who said Cooking Mama 4 was worth trying? It's the exact same game as the previous one and it's still pretty boring (and mama's voice is grating considering you hear her saying the same thing every 10 seconds)

Top Bottom