• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wray

Way better than the first ep. Any doubts I had are pretty much gone now. Ashur /bow

I loved the flash backs and hope we get some more.

I hope they give us 1-2 Lostesque flashback episodes a season like this weeks. I want to see Crixus fight the Sons of the Jackel.

I expected Gannicus to of made an appearance by now, reading the synopsis for the next episode it dosnt look like he will be in that either. With only 10 episode id of hoped the main characters would of been introduced by now, Looks like Gannicus might have a smaller role than i originally thought.

Great episode none the less, Ashur gets right on my nerves, kind of wish he had just died earlier.

Just finished season 1. I feel stupid for not giving the show a shot at first, it's great.

Got the two Gods of the Arena discs from Netflix ready to pop in. Pumped.

I know Andy was never a particularly huge guy, but Liam needs to gain some weight!

He came straight from another role for which he had to lose a lot of weight. So i think he has been bulking pretty much since being signed on the show, but gaining a lot of weight and keeping your bodyfat low is a process which takes a lot of time.

charsace

It's an entertaining show, but nothing about it really deserves any awards.

It has one of the tightest plots right now out of anything on tv. The characters also have a lot of depth to them. Fucking Dexter gets nominations so I don't see how this doesn't deserve some.

REV 09

It has one of the tightest plots right now out of anything on tv. The characters also have a lot of depth to them. Fucking Dexter gets nominations so I don't see how this doesn't deserve some.

i don't know, so far this has been my least favorite season of Spartacus. That is mostly due to the acting from the lead characters. I'm still not convinced that Liam has the star power to lead the show. I don't dislike him, but i cringed when he said, "I am Spartacus". He doesn't feel like Spartacus to me. Batiatus' absence also leaves a hole on the villain side. Lucretia and now Ashur should help, but Glaber is not a particularly strong villain. Gannicus' eventual return will also help some, but that's the thing, i'm watching the show for the periphery characters and not for the lead roles.

Derwind

Aha, I'm caught up! I watched the prequel and the first 2 episodes of the second season! YAY!!!

I miss Andy Whitfield.... R.I.P.

New episode tonight.
The Greater Good

Spartacus must navigate a divide that opens up among the gladiators after news of Naevia’s fate. Lucretia reveals a long-held secret to gain information, and an attack puts the rebels at risk.

Steven DeKnight did a twitter Q&A last night with fans. Here's the questions and answers. I tagged the spoilers, though most of them are pretty mild.
What fruit is Seppius eating during the scene with Glaber in episode 2?

In ep 2 Seppius is eating a delicious fig. Mmm... figs!

How would you (@Steven_DeKnight) have fared in Ancient Rome?

I would have fared very poorly in ancient Rome. I'm more of a modern convenience room service type of a guy.

Who came up with the phrase “Jupiter’s Cock”?

I admit to coming up with Jupiter's Cock. Sounded much better than Jupiter's Teat.

Why are the rebels still dressed like they’re in the arena and the others like slaves?

The rebels are dressed as hodgepodge. Bits of stolen armor, clothes, rags. Whatever they can find.

Who’s going to be Lucretia’s confidant now that Naevia, Gaia and Melitta are not at her side?

Who will Lucretia's confidant be this season? Who indeed. Keep watching for the answer you may not expect.

Will Lucretia and Oenomaus fight for control of the House of Batiatus?

Oneomaus is in a bad spot at the moment. Not a lot of fight left in him, at least for now.

Will Ashur double-cross Lucretia and begin favoring Ilithyia?

Can't spoil the plot, but if we've learned one thing on Spartacus it's DON'T TRUST ASHUR!

Will we ever find out how Oenomaus ended up in the Pits as a young man?

A young Oenomaus story of how he came to the pits would be cool, but we won't be addressing it on the show.

Why did Oenomaus choose to return to the Pits?

Oenomaus feels like he betrayed the House of B and has no honor. Returned to the pits to die as an "animal without honor".

We all want to know...will Oenomaus ever love again?

Oneomaus, like Spartacus, truly only loved one woman. But who knows what comfort the future might bring?

Will Oenomaus ever find out about Gannicus and Melitta and get his revenge?

If Oenomaus does find out about Gannicus/Melitta, I suspect some shit will go down.

what is the meaning of the "Y" on oenomaus' forehead in the pits

Oenomaus' Y in the pits was just a visual symbol to tie old and young together. No secret meaning

If Oenomaus had a favorite weapon in the Pit, what would it be?

Oenomaus' favorite weapon in the pit would definitely be his hard stare. And those killer abs!

Do you conceptualize each episode or an entire season at a time?

We do a season overview first mapping out major story points, then break details episode by episode.

What did the note say that Ashur delivered to Lucretia?

The note Ashur delivered to Lucretia basically told her he had located Oenomaus and would bring him in if she helps him w/Glaber.

Will tension between the Gauls and Spartacus’ men cause them to separate?

Tension between Gauls and Sparty's men will cause a lot of problems. Have to keep watching to see how it effects everyone!

Can Tiberius actually be trusted?

Nasir (formerly Tiberius) may or may not be trustworthy. But he's not the only one to watch out for..

Does Ilithyia still lust after Spartacus?

Does Ilithyia still lust after Sparty? Thin line between lust and hate. But something's cooking in the bath...

Does Spartacus love Mira?

Spartacus cares deeply for Mira, but will never love another woman. Sura said so, and I believe her!

Are the Pits based on something real from the past, and what were they called?

Pits are purely fictional, according to our historical consultants. But damn entertaining, eh?

Where do you come up with the weapons that are used in the Pits? Are they historical based?

Weapons used in pits are mostly historical. Come from research.

Will Seppia’s character develop more?

You will see more of Seppia as the story unfolds. Just getting started with her.

Where does the tension between Glaber and Seppius come from? Will one undercut the other?

Seppius is a young upstart with a powerful backer (Varinius). Drives Glaber nuts. Undercutting for everyone!

Will Naevia still love Crixus if he finds her?

Naevia is Crixus' heart! He'll always love her. But man oh man I suspect it won't be easy if he finds her...

Will Ilithyia take another shot at killing Lucretia? She's so devious!

Re: Ilithyia, I'd watch my back if I were Lucretia. Or anybody else that gets in her way

Next question...Are there any more prequel seasons to look forward to?

No more prequels planned at the moment, but you never know. What was Gannicus up to all those years after winning his freedom?

Will Crixus ever return to his former glory?

Crixus has returned to his former glory, just not in the arena. He's the man, man!

What historical sources did you use? Gratitude.

Spartacus and the Slave Wars by Brent D. Shaw main source. Plus lots of input from historical consultants.

REV 09

this was my favorite of the first three episodes. Ashur really helps flesh out the villains. Liam is growing into the role and is clearly a capable actor.

Ashur man.

Fucking brilliant.

He showed that Jupiter's Cock all over the place tonight.

He is truly the hero of Spartacus: Vengeance. As a matter of fact they should just rename the show to, "Ashur: Vengeance."

HeroMK

Neo Member
Ashur is definitely filling the evil void in this episode that was missing in the first few. Glaber just wasn't cutting it.

idwl

This show is gay heaven. Loved the first 2 episodes. I'm finding I like lucretia and illithia's storyline a lot more. They need to focus on them.

Derwind

Fuck Ashur... even though he's my favourite villain of this series...

Crixus
was my favourite character(aside from Spartacus himself and Oenomaus), I sure hope he isn't dead, rather captured by the roman and taken alive.... then at least we might get a rescue arc for him as well... XD

The outcome of that end was kinda predictable, but I really enjoyed the episode.
I thought it was just going to be villa after villa nice to see different places

Crixus had a flashback of another woman. Cheater!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Fucking amazing episode this week! Absolutely loved it! Not only the best ep this season, but one of the best eps in the series!

And Ashur is still the fucking MAN :D

I
Love
This
Fucking
Show

Can anyone gif Ashur's grin near the end of the episode? So fucking BOSS

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Looks like the show is ramping up again.

Few points..
Unfortunate that they replaced Neavia. She was by far, the most gorgeous woman on this show.
Fucking Ashur is such a great character. It's as though he single handedly is taking up the mantle of Batiatus.
Crixus is not dead. I have faith the his character will be returned to the house of slaughter to rekindle the fire that was once blazing within Oenemaus, and see to it he regains fucking composure.

Binabik15

I've only seen the first two episodes so far and I really, really miss the gladiator armour. (Pretending to be) crazy Lucretia is cool. Secret agent Ashua (I joke between my brother and me) being even more secret agent like was great. Oenomaus being a boss is always the highlight of an episode showing him fighting. Aurelia's death was way too harsh, I'm still not over Varro. At least they can make out in the afterlife. Agron is cool, being Germanic and all. Looks like a guy from my gym.

I disliked the cinematography somewhat, something felt off. The fights' violence was more annoying then anything, I never felt that way before. Ashua's cape scenes were done very good, though, I could almost feel a cold breeze come over me when this ghostlike figure appeared.

PS: Fully expecting incest from this douche mercenary leader, but it'd be boring.

Moaradin

Great episode. Despite the new Spartacus being a lot smaller compared to everyone else, I actually think hes a good Spartacus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom