• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

negitoro7

Great episode, one of my favourite in the whole series probably. Mira kicking ass while almost naked was awesome, as were Crixus and Spartacus' speeches. Ashur is a ****ing cunt, but brilliant.

Malo

Banned
Man, what a great episode. Ashur is awesome as a villain, hopefully we get to see Gannicus next episode.

Picture perfect episode. The dialogue was some of the best in the series. I was definitely on the edge of my chair during the ending. New Naevia is made cute too. And Ashur, god yes, I love this man so much.

Can anyone gif Ashur's grin near the end of the episode? So fucking BOSS

Ask, brother, and I shall answer:

SLAlf.gif

Tumblr version for those interested: http://i.imgur.com/bj5a6.gif

Imm0rt4l

Ashur is that guy everyone loves to hate, props to him on his interrogation methods.

Just because he isnt Buff "Swole" Mcbuff doesnt make him 'super skinny'.

It's Hyperbole,but he's still skinny. He was underweight when he got the role so I'll cut Liam some slack, but he needs to beef up.

Derwind

I'm very confused by the actor swapping going on in this show. Anyway, I quite enjoyed this episode.

The original Spartcus actor Andy Whitfield died of cancer...

The actress of Naevia Lesley-Ann Brandt decided not to renew her contract cause she got a reoccurring role in another show(CSI NY)... and she's doing a couple of movies I hear...

Arment

Unlike some villains that you want to hate but love (Ben from Lost is an example) Ashur is just a villain I love to hate and that's it. And that's fine with me.

It will be glorious to see him die. Hopefully in the way he deserves it, and not in glorious battle as befit a gladiator.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It really warms my heart to see all the Ashur lovers in here. He really is one of the best villains ever.

And to all the Ashur haters: Eat a fat one. :p

Derwind

It really warms my heart to see all the Ashur lovers in here. He really is one of the best villains ever.

And to all the Ashur haters: Eat a fat one. :p

He is the best villain of the show and pretty awesome...

I still hate him but isn't that a mark of a good villain anyways?

Al-ibn Kermit

I actually dropped my dinner when Ashur spilled the beans about Gannicus. And holy mother of shit at the ending, they get your hopes up so much about Crixius finally finding Navea and then they just take it all back with the ending.

This was one of the most entertaining episodes I have ever watched of any TV show. I think Ashur is the new Batiatus with how he masterfully manipulates and betrays everybody.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
yeah if Ashur keeps this shit up Batiatus will not be missed nearly as much as I had anticipated.

Glabur(sp) is easy to hate, but he has no charm about him like Ashur and Batiatus do.

Pkaz01

I dont really like Ashur like I did Batiatus. Ashur just annoys me but Batiatus was just badass and awesome. Ashur just comes off like a douche maybe i'm just not feelin it.

I dont really like Ashur like I did Batiatus. Ashur just annoys me but Batiatus was just badass and awesome. Ashur just comes off like a douche maybe i'm just not feelin it.

For all the Ashur haters, let me quote Doctore (Wray):

ASHUR! FUCKING VICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing actor, and what a great character. So evil, so devious -- but not cartoonlike either -- he has his legit reasons to be evil.

When Glaber and co were watching at the coliseum, there was a gladiator that fought in the style of Orctus (Barca's lover). His fighting style was fucking awesome, best fight choreography on the show bar none. I hope they bring that style back to prominence.

Derwind

People liking Ashur and finally forgetting Batiatus.

The writers man the writers r that good

Batiatus was a whiny little cock who had a fixation with Gods and ass cheeks, never liked him ever... he needed Ashur to elevate his own pathetic life to some prominence... not a good villain.

Monocle

Batiatus was a whiny little cock who had a fixation with Gods and ass cheeks, never liked him ever... he needed Ashur to elevate his own pathetic life to some prominence... not a good villain.
Haha, but seriously though, Batiatus was a brilliant villain. Charismatic and relatable, cruel but sympathetic. And his relationship with Lucretia was the (or at least a) lynchpin of Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena. He would have made it all the way to the senate had he not crossed more tenacious survivors than himself.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is honestly the only show where I just want to sit down and watch all 10 episodes, 10 hours straight :(.

Ashur is just one dimensional. He annoys me, he doesn't fascinate me and confuse me like Batiatus did. I still don't know how whether he was a anti-hero or a villain

the3ye

I just hope Xena Biers will become super ultra Roman Goddess, or maybe Juno herself....
and I hate Ashur...aahhhhhwwrrr

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This is a great season already because more Viva is wearing less clothes per episode
Yeah they're not fucking around with her sexiness anymore. Giving the fans exactly what they want.

Wish she would have kept her original weight though. I mean she gets pregnant.. and then thinner? erm.. ok then.

FGMPR

Banned
Yeah they're not fucking around with her sexiness anymore. Giving the fans exactly what they want.

Wish she would have kept her original weight though. I mean she gets pregnant.. and then thinner? erm.. ok then.

We did get a muff shot in the very first episode of the series lol

Monocle

Ashur is just one dimensional. He annoys me, he doesn't fascinate me and confuse me like Batiatus did. I still don't know how whether he was a anti-hero or a villain
Ashur is a layered character with motivations no less authentic than those of anyone else in the show. When he started his career as a gladiator, he earnestly desired glory in the arena. It was Batiatus's scheming that forced Ashur down a lower road into the orchard of disgrace. Ashur's wits allowed him to make the best of a grim situation by embracing a role that was chosen for him against his wishes. With his own cunning he transmuted humiliation's bitter fruit into a means of personal vindication, venom potent enough to burn out every eye that spited him.

It's a guilty thrill to watch Ashur slither among the carnivores who would gobble him whole, angling his syringe as best to inflict the sharpest agony. He has a mammoth ego but it's brittle as an eggshell. You can see this sensitivity register on his face whenever he's insulted, a glimpse of the flayed man under the smarmy mask. I expect great things from him this season.

FGMPR

Banned
^ Something bad is obviously going to happen between those two. I don't want either of them to die and leave the series though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom