• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh man, I just came up with the best name for a hardcore band

Dire Tribes

Tire Dribes.

... I don't know why I had to say that, I just did.

I think I'm going to start a new "column" here on RP. Lissar's PS1 Adventures! I'm going to play through aaaaall the games (that I own.) Which means I get to include games like Kamaitachi no Yoru and the Japanese PS1 version of Myst (... I was desperate to play Myst, alright?)

It will be annoying with some though since I'll have to pull out the US PS2 and hope that it works D:

I'm mostly trying to encourage myself to finish these damn things. How long have I owned some of these games?

Tire Dribes.

... I don't know why I had to say that, I just did.

I think I'm going to start a new "column" here on RP. Lissar's PS1 Adventures! I'm going to play through aaaaall the games (that I own.) Which means I get to include games like Kamaitachi no Yoru and the Japanese PS1 version of Myst (... I was desperate to play Myst, alright?)

It will be annoying with some though since I'll have to pull out the US PS2 and hope that it works D:

I'm mostly trying to encourage myself to finish these damn things. How long have I owned some of these games?

Lissar on Sunday: I AM SO BUSY

Lissar on Monday: I AM GOING TO PLAY THROUGH ALL MY PS1 GAMES

Extrapolating it

Lissar in 2013: I AM INCREDIBLY BUSY but I will be napping for the next 72 hours

Lissar in 2024: I have been assigned the task of colonizing the moon but instead I am going to attend the year-long Mardi Gras event for its entire duration.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissar on Sunday: I AM SO BUSY

Lissar on Monday: I AM GOING TO PLAY THROUGH ALL MY PS1 GAMES

Extrapolating it

Lissar in 2013: I AM INCREDIBLY BUSY but I will be napping for the next 72 hours

Lissar in 2024: I have been assigned the task of colonizing the moon but instead I am going to attend the year-long Mardi Gras event for its entire duration.

D: I was busy but I finished the main project I had to work on yesterday. I thought I was a little late but turns out I was super early getting it in :x Now I don't have to start the next one until March.

And besides, I didn't say I'd spend ALL DAY playing games! Only an hour or two...

edit: Those are some FANCY and really incredibly EXPENSIVE beads.

D: I was busy but I finished the main project I had to work on yesterday. I thought I was a little late but turns out I was super early getting it in :x Now I don't have to start the next one until March.

And besides, I didn't say I'd spend ALL DAY playing games! Only an hour or two...

The fact that you take my mocking to heart is part of what makes it so fun to do it. :O

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Lissar good luck with your interviews!

Also enjoy Xenogears!

But most importantly have you worked out a way to play the Longest Journey? :D

I want to replay it bad and I need a thoughtful playthrough buddy.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hey Lissar good luck with your interviews!

Also enjoy Xenogears!

But most importantly have you worked out a way to play the Longest Journey? :D

I want to replay it bad and I need a thoughtful playthrough buddy.

So far I can't get it to work in Wine ;.; Videos work but it freezes with anything in game.

To be fair, I think that is the general price for handmade beads like that. And I think it makes sense when you consider she has to buy all the glass and gas and stuff (though it might not, I have no idea how much it all costs).

Plus I'm pretty sure there are people who are way worse selling them for more >_>

Lissar

Reluctant Member
To be fair, I think that is the general price for handmade beads like that. And I think it makes sense when you consider she has to buy all the glass and gas and stuff (though it might not, I have no idea how much it all costs).

Plus I'm pretty sure there are people who are way worse selling them for more >_>

:O Well I suppose it's good I don't have beading as a hobby
because games are so much cheaper, right?

What are you running again? Lion?

Snow Leopard. I've managed to get a few things to run in Wine, but it can be difficult.

SRG01

So, I'm going to Comic Con Calgary as Iron Man. Do our resident cosplayers have any ideas on how to make my costume look awesome?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, I'm going to Comic Con Calgary as Iron Man. Do our resident cosplayers have any ideas on how to make my costume look awesome?
3s4gdl.jpg

Okay, finally managed to make my way to the download. :/ We'll see if it works!
Oh sorry it was a pain to download. I hope it helps! I don't know much about Wine especially on *shudder* macs.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Lissar, I'm a big fan of wine, but sadly, I have to say that TLJ won't work great with wine (wrapper or not). I can't imagine anyone playing through it in the state it ends up in. You'll have to play it in Windows to enjoy it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It was playable, but it froze when I tried to quit out. :/ Yeaaah, I don't know how well this is going to work.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yes, I saved before, but when I tried loading up the game again it wanted me to go through the install process again. :/

RawPower

Banned
Aaaaaaaaaand I am back. That was pretty much one of the best nights of my life. I literally have nothing but positive things to say about the people I've met tonight. They even had a birthday surprise for me. Fucking rad! \m/

I tried to call you Jason, but I got the numbers mixed up and assumed you weren't there. My bad.

Ashes

Banned
Nerd Queen of the Nerdania, Nerdsville, Great Nerdtain.

Nerd feels out of place. Queen feels out of place. Therefore perfection.

Seanspeed

Banned
I suppose somehow or another this became a community of sorts. Plus you forgot the 'January' part.

I dont see 'January' in the thread title.

I'm a little upset that so many people just switched back. The OP goes on about what it acheived and what it stood for and most everybody just completely ditched it, going back to the same obnoxious internet anonymity that plagues the web every minute of every day, which I thought was half the point of Real Pic.

Just disappointed, thats all. I'll be keeping my REAL pic. A drawing is not a real pic, by the way. It acheives no sympathetic link that humans are drawn to.

I'm glad that its created some mini-community here, but I feel the actual meaning is being lost very quickly and that a worthy movement has been crushed simply due to a naming problem, leading people to think it could only happen for a small time period and couldn't be a widespread, permanent thing.

Oh well. Anyways, have a good night and a good Valentine's Day tomorrow everybody. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom