• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Basket Army still confounds me in that it feels like an ad for something but I can't imagine what it could be selling. Although I don't think I'm surprised that in a 4 minute anime, they managed to find a way to make 3 minutes of it about the blonde girl and manage to put her into a swim suit.

Go_Ly_Dow

Oh god.

ANN only has 22 episodes for Persona 4.

There's no way they could cover the remaining content from the game in just 2 episodes :/ (even 4 would be pushing it)

/XX/

There's a rumor flying around that one of the animation directors will be Hiroshi Shimizu (who worked on Pom Poko, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, the Professor Layton movie and the 2011 Lupin special.)
In fact that was part of the original rumor/information (http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/viewtopic.php?p=379934#p379934) later referenced by Tsuka, that came via Ankama Japan through Eddie Mehong (didi) and Cédric Hérole (Bambin or BAN-BEN). These two, with the latest one collaborating as a freelancer, precisely worked with Mr. Shimizu (among others) on Ogrest: La Légende, his most notable participation in a project since Michiko e Hatchin.

sonicmj1

Level E 4

Ketchup-Come-Back_edc8f490b87d6a6ef1ab92e990d7c405.gif

I can't deal with this.

Oh god.

There's no way they could cover the remaining content from the game in just 2 episodes :/ (even 4 would be pushing it)
Perhaps they are going to release the rest of the episodes as OVAs and/or encourage people to buy Persona 4: The Golden. *evil corporate laughter*

Oh god.

Bad ending, here we come!

But seriously, ANN isn't always accurate and it just says episode titles, not number of episodes. That means they don't know.

Oh god.

Its 25

HOUSTON, September 27, 2011— Sentai Filmworks proudly brings the hit PERSONA game franchise to anime with the acquisition of the red-hot new series PERSONA 4 the Animation. Based on the megahit game-within-a-game from ATLUS, in which extraordinary humans take on even more extraordinary “Personas,” the 25 episode series is being helmed under the direction of Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats!, Magikano, Raagnorok the Animation,) with script supervision by Yuuko Kakihara (Special A, Stitch!, Heaven’s Lost Property,) while the signature original character designs by Shigenori Soejima are being adapted by Kazuaki Morita (Nyan Koi!, My Bride Is a Mermaid, Kamisama Dolls.)

Muteki Kanban Musume end

VpWPz.jpg

About the ending I was expecting. Everything stays at the status quo, but that's fine because the status quo in this show is fuckawesome. "Slice of life" in the same way Cromartie is.

Great series. Every single character was likable to some extent and the way each one interacted with the rest of the cast was hilarious. Miki is potentially the most hot-blooded female protagonist in anime and it really adds to the absurdity going on around her. The customers of the shop being audience surrogates definitely drove the point home further.

I would love to read the manga, but I see it's barely been translated and ADV is defunct now, so guess I'm out of luck :/

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd watch an anime about snobby Apple-kun surfing on his MBA in a Starbucks and trolling the other girls with frivolous patent lawsuits.

HTC and Sony-Ericsson are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Jex

At this point I feel that there's nothing left to say about this trend except that it continues to exist.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only thing left to do is to moeify moe.

Moemoe-chan.

Geneijin

Basket Army still confounds me in that it feels like an ad for something but I can't imagine what it could be selling. Although I don't think I'm surprised that in a 4 minute anime, they managed to find a way to make 3 minutes of it about the blonde girl and manage to put her into a swim suit.
It's a glorified ad in the same way as a one-off show is for the fans except it's mostly for the fans while showcasing whatever it is they're advertising.

Oh god.

Firstly, it's ANN. Secondly, something similar happened last year with a title I forgot and ANN was wrong. And lastly, don't go by ANN for episode counts. You'll save yourself unwanted confusion that way. I've learned!

I realize that Sae got some of the best doujins. I wonder why, I mean she isn't the most popular (see some internet ranking).
This is obvious really. Just think of what she was in her arc and there's your answer.
She was the most sexualized sex object out of any girl. Her lack of a personality magnifies this.

Wow were getting spring anime already? watching.

Glad crunchyroll got one

Crunchyroll is kicking off its spring season of anime early with Hiiro no Kakera, based on the visual novel created by Idea Soft and animated by Studio DEEN. A supernatural tale, with strong bishonen elements, the first episode of Hiiro no Kakera airs Monday March 5, 2012 at 11 am PST.

“One day, Tamaki Kasuga decides to move to her grandmother's house, away from her family, out in a remote village. However, the real reason why Tamaki is called to the village is to continue a mysterious ancestral duty and mission. As her destiny starts to unfold, will she be able to stand strong against the forces before her…”

Hiiro no Kakera will be available in the following territories: U.S.A., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Brazil, and Portugal.

iavi

DEEEEEEEEEEN. Lol, no. Not getting the thread ready for them.

This is weird though, if any more start airing I might actually have to go ahead and start the assembly.

Dresden

FatShoe looks like he's from a different show.

4Rhgal.jpg

^ Accel World

I always feel weird about setups like this where it's about some omnireal MMO, because the basic premise just reminds me of the people in actual MMOs who try too hard to feel like they are inside the game, living it (and would have virtual sex and stuff with each other).

Geneijin

Tis is true. Poor Zombie Moe, it never even had a chance. :'( I'm still going to give it an ep or two though.
You know as well as I do that it isn't the 1st episode where you should be concerned. It's the DEEN seal of quality after that D:

FatShoe looks like he's from a different show.

http://i.imgur.com/4Rhgal.jpg[IMG]

^ Accel World

I always feel weird about setups like this where it's about some omnireal MMO, because the basic premise just reminds me of the [B]people in actual MMOs who try too hard to feel like they are inside the game, living it (and would have virtual sex and stuff with each other).[/B][/QUOTE]
Maybe those people are trapped inside the game .hack style, but don't realize it or have resigned to accepting their fate. Did you ever think of [I]that[/I] amidst your heartless judging?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I always feel weird about setups like this where it's about some omnireal MMO, because the basic premise just reminds me of the people in actual MMOs who try too hard to feel like they are inside the game, living it (and would have virtual sex and stuff with each other).
Wow, let's see if I ever invite you get an invitation to my Second Life house.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a glorified ad in the same way as a one-off show is for the fans except it's mostly for the fans while showcasing whatever it is they're advertising.
But what the fuck are they selling?
It feels like it should be a Valkyria Chronicles 2 commercial or something.

It'd make more sense to me if this was some DVD insert found in Shounen Jump or something.

Neo C.

This is obvious really. Just think of what she was in her arc and there's your answer.
She was the most sexualized sex object out of any girl. Her lack of a personality magnifies this.

I believe it's because of the pigtails. It must be the pigtails. Well, perhaps the boobs too, but mostly the pigtails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom