• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the look of this map!

1330959918636.jpg

1330959971447f.jpg

1330960012370.jpg

1330960042621.jpg

Look at spartans back.

1330960103448.jpg

wwm0nkey

You know now that we know their is a story reason for the Spartan IV's to fight wonder if we could see a system like ChromeHounds war mode, obviously not as fleshed out of course but I expect MP to have a few interesting things to make us want to fight.

I also hope we see a return of clans.

It sounds more like your perks are defined by the armor you choose than anything else.

Look when he sprints, there is no meter or indicator that he has a sprint perk or ability.

I feel like if your armor is light enough, you'll be able to sprint.
If you have thrusters on your armor, you'll be able to use the thrusters.
Etc.

I don't think there will be Perk 1, Perk 2, Perk 3.
And we should just chill on the talk of "Perks" until 343i elaborates.

But the graphics are fantastic! The gameplay and aiming looks so smooth!
I love the new scoring! Finally how you play affects the score of the game!
Headshot + 5, Assist + 5, yay!

BR IS BACK BABY! Strafing is back! Look at that movement, the jump height!
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

No beta :(!
Hopefully there will be some sort of preview for us??
IDK if I can stick with Reach for 6 to 9 more months after seeing this!

Great job 343i!

monome

Hard to watch videos at work but :

visuals are great.
new armor designs are cool.
Forerunners environments are killer.

Perks, in which ever form, are shit.

I like sprint, power-ups and some sort of jetpack (faster please)

Story MP is great on paper to differentiate the franchise but should have revealed with the appropriate MP mode (thousands of years of war among humanity have made not question why I shoot red when I'm blue)

Story wise I hope we don't get to play as evil mind-controlled spartans vs sane ones.
If so maybe some guys want to follow ONI while others are more inclined towards the Chief/Halsey 's side.

No forerunners in sight kills me a little.

Didact E3 reveal?!

Retro

-Looks like large jump height

One of the videos looked like it had some low/zero gravity areas, but overall the jumps do look higher.

-Scoring for slayer is different in this gametype. (What's that Halo gametype that gives points for certain style kills? It could be that)

Yeah, but under the score it clearly says "BR Slayer", leading me to think it isn't some unique mode.

-3 little hollow squares that top right of the screen. Don't know what they could represent. Possibly the perks that have been mentioned
-Didn't see a grenade part of the HUD

That might be the 3 hollow squares? Maybe you can only carry one grenade type at a time (picked up like equipment?) but any grenades you pick up give you ammo for that?

So in the Frankie interview he mentions that the BR is not a replacement for 1-shot weapons like the DMR, but an addition to the sandbox. Sounds like the DMR will return, or a weapon like it! =D

Raide

You know now that we know their is a story reason for the Spartan IV's to fight wonder if we could see a system like ChromeHounds war mode, obviously not as fleshed out of course but I expect MP to have a few interesting things to make us want to fight.

I also hope we see a return of clans.

You know I love you right? :D

Halo with a ChromeHounds war, played out by Red Vs Blue Vs Yellow for world domination. :D

Ramirez

Guys, I just noticed the radar doesn't do elevation garbo...so good.

Tashi says it does, but it just looks like dots to me! noooooooo

Trey

I like that 343i is talking a big game. Own this franchise, ladies and gentlemen. Impress me.

Also, the music is excellent.

Also^2, oh shit at the Metal Gear Rex mech in the middle of the arena. Gimme dat.

kylej

Banned
It's definitely 30. We're doing a lot of cutting edge stuff on the technical side that would prevent hitting 60 unless you'd prefer us to render sub-HD. :)

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea those squares could be the grenades but that looks like a weird, abstract representation of the grenades. Could be, we'll find out soon enough I guess.

GhaleonEB

So in the Frankie interview he mentions that the BR is not a replacement for 1-shot weapons like the DMR, but an addition to the sandbox. Sounds like the DMR will return, or a weapon like it! =D

Magnum.

Well, that was fun. Gotta run to work now. Not as much footage as I'd hoped for, but the gameplay shown (BR, strafing, jumps, lack of health meter) is enough to get me on board the hype train. Well done guys.

Risen

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

While I'd love 60fps as well... I don't know how you could ever seriously think it would be hit on this generation console in a Halo game. There's only so much they can do... I think you'd probably be unhappy if they were to focus on hitting it. Too much would have to be cut.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
All that looks like to me is a blurred out image of a spartan model with weapon on his back.
They wouldn't be so dumb to keep the jetpack.
You're right, that's why they added thrusters.

Because Frankie confirmed they're thrusters, way back.

Retro

I'm not sure how it would fit into the sandbox; the BR and DMR had similar functions, but the DMR felt like a baby Sniper Rifle with that range. If they dial the range back, the BR and DMR are basically in the same 'slot'. Unless somehow they're figuring there's room between the BR and Sniper Rifle ranges for another weapon... I don't see how unless the Sniper somehow gets a range increase too... and that's completely unnecessary.

All that looks like to me is a blurred out image of a spartan model with weapon on his back.
They wouldn't be so dumb to keep the jetpack.

That's exactly what I'm hoping, I mean with the perk system, you could have people that jump a bit higher than some others.

Please, no need for jetpacks. Thruster's ala dead space 2 might be fine, but I'm not gonna judge them till I see them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Can I have a single shot weapon? I don't think I can go back to the burst.

The game looks like a faster Halo 2. About all I can say.

there is an interview with frank and ryan from oxm where it sounded like both the dmr AND br return in halo 4 with (slightly?) different roles

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I wonder if the press got to hear the Multiplayer announcer during the game. Curious to see if Jeff is coming back or it's someone new.

No, why would you be?

I hope the press didn't hear the temp voice we had in there. A staffer yelling GAME OVER! But dun worry.

No beta = No chance to test Halo 4 = No way to make the long wait slightly more bearable.

No beta = no community feedback during production = better game. Betas are costly in terms of development economics, and sheer time. In my opinion they aren't worth the effort, if you're going to ship a game that can be maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom