• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita" Spotted On UK Games Retailer Play.com

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
looks like place holders from rumours and halfmentioned games - i've seen this happen a lot in the past (10+ years ago!) with UK based websites so could well be the same.

No point putting any stock in it at this point in time, regardless of how likely/unlikely people think they are.

AS for the somewhat moot MH3 HD discussion - this is already covered. Capcom/sony would have to be dumb to put out a vanilla MH3 HD at this point - it would have to be MH3G++.

Ridley327

looks like place holders from rumours and halfmentioned games - i've seen this happen a lot in the past (10+ years ago!) with UK based websites so could well be the same.

No point putting any stock in it at this point in time, regardless of how likely/unlikely people think they are.

AS for the somewhat moot MH3 HD discussion - this is already covered. Capcom/sony would have to be dumb to put out a vanilla MH3 HD at this point - it would have to be MH3G++.

Well, we do have proof of Capcom being that dumb these days. :)

Kazerei

Banned
I'm not sure if these other ones are real...

Y6GI0.jpg

Awesome, more fuel for the hype train! Choo choo!

DCharlie

Well, we do have proof of Capcom being that dumb these days. :)

Sony : AND FOR OUR BIG FINALE!!
Capcom : .... HUZZAH ! here it is! Monstre Unter 3rd Try Gee Untie!

NINTENDO : OI! we payed $50m for MH exclusivity!

Capcom : And this is Monstre Unter ! Differnent game! Mwahhahaha our master plan is comelpte ... complte... ugh... complete.

Mondriaan

It's fake because the game would be called 3rd G, not 3G.
The title would work with the Japanese game naming convention of matching the title abbreviation with the platform.

MH3G for Vita 3G could have exciting, special 3G only features like a daily, GPS based, hidden Capcom marketing booth finding mini-game that lets you unlock special costumes for your felyne partners.

Spiegel

For the new page

The Tales box art is photoshopped badly compared to the MH boxart. The artwork is wider than the playstation bar.

I bet none of these games were on play.com, except for MH, and someone is having fun.

Also, it's too coincidental for the four boxarts to use the same playstation bar and design.

tJFJG.jpg

xW9mr.png

Kacho

The title would work with the Japanese game naming convention of matching the title abbreviation with the platform.

MH3G for Vita 3G could have exciting, special 3G only features like a daily, GPS based, hidden Capcom marketing booth finding mini-game that lets you unlock special costumes for your felyne partners.

Capcom, hire this man now!

Takao

Banned
The only one from that 4 image group actually on Play.com is Monster Hunter. The others seem to be bull. Where did that image originate from, GameFAQs?

fernoca

For the new page

The Tales box art is photoshopped badly compared to the MH boxart. The artwork is wider than the playstation bar.

I bet none of these games were on play.com, except for MH, and someone is having fun.
Though is not like the Monster Hunter cover was "good Photoshop".. :p

Logo:
Xf0u9.jpg

Gravios:
5oC7h.jpg

A few secs later, just missing the "PlayStation" at the top:
0VVWF.png

But agree that none of the games are on Play.com; unless hidden or something. When I searched earlier, aside the ones I posted (Assassin's Creed and Bioshock); and a few others (known already); those weren't on the site.

Keep in mind that back in the PSP's early days Play.com also hinted towards A PSP port of San Andreas along with many other titles.

They're not exactly reliable and their shipping is possibly the worst I've had to deal with online.

fernoca

The "Vice City Nights" image goes back to 4chan, but don't know if it was posted there before or after here. Other forum posts also mention 4chan as the source.

...and their shipping is possibly the worst I've had to deal with online.

As far as I'm concerned, throughout years I bought quite a bunch of stuff at their website, and I have never had any problem with them, besides I vaguely remember once I purchased two identical games by mistake, sent the duplicate copy back and got completely refunded.

Quite a good website and good customers assistance, at least in my experience.

Honestly I hope that Sony has something more in store for Vita in Japan than portings of MHP3 and FFX. They need it.

This x1000.

FFX HD or MHP3 HD will not do much for Vita.

Even with their financial woes, Sony has deep pockets* and they should use it accordingly if they want Vita to be relevant in their home country. They do not have an Ace up their sleeve like Nintendo (price drop, MK, M3D, MH3G). And unlike in the PS2, and even more so the PS1, Sony does not have million seller franchises in Japan anymore. Hell they only have 1 franchise that still may sell over 500k (that being Gran Turismo). IMO, they should pay up and get 3 main games from the biggest JP 3rd party franchises on the platform. That means an exclusive FF game (declining franchise, but still big), an exclusive MH game (or a MHP3G PSP-Vita exclusive, with heavy focus on Vita with bundles and features), and an exclusive DQ game (after close to a decade, they need to get something from that franchise on their platform, DQX is not it though). IMO, a MHP3 HD port would be laughable, but, honestly, expected.

* If you doubt me that Sony has deep pockets, just check how much they have spent in acquisitions these past few years, and they are even rumored to spend a few more billions to get a 30% share on Olympus.

DCharlie

Honestly I hope that Sony has something more in store for Vita in Japan than portings of MHP3 and FFX

IF it's MH3rdP G and it's got copy over from your PSP save -and- above and beyond content (or the Chinese mag rumoured changes) then that's ALL they need. MHP3 HD is pointless though - especially to players like me just tidying up loose ends. I guess built in adhoc party would give me a bit of a spur to play a bit more, but would be less on the excitement scale at this point

If it was MH3rdPG it's all they need - plus it'll just complement the f*ckton of games they've managed to push out so far to date. They've not sold, granted, but the Vita has hardly been tardy given it's life span to date.

btkadams

This x1000.

FFX HD or MHP3 HD will not do much for Vita.

Even with their financial woes, Sony has deep pockets* and they should use it accordingly if they want Vita to be relevant in their home country. They do not have an Ace up their sleeve like Nintendo (price drop, MK, M3D, MH3G). And unlike in the PS2, and even more so the PS1, Sony does not have million seller franchises in Japan anymore. Hell they only have 1 franchise that still may sell over 500k (that being Gran Turismo). IMO, they should pay up and get 3 main games from the biggest JP 3rd party franchises on the platform. That means an exclusive FF game (declining franchise, but still big), an exclusive MH game (or a MHP3G PSP-Vita exclusive, with heavy focus on Vita with bundles and features), and an exclusive DQ game (after close to a decade, they need to get something from that franchise on their platform, DQX is not it though). IMO, a MHP3 HD port would be laughable, but, honestly, expected.

* If you doubt me that Sony has deep pockets, just check how much they have spent in acquisitions these past few years, and they are even rumored to spend a few more billions to get a 30% share on Olympus.
isn't olympus affiliated with yakuza? i figured any company would want to steer clear of them.

isn't olympus affiliated with yakuza? i figured any company would want to steer clear of them.

I don't know, but PrideFC was. Zuffa bought them, got all the talent, closed up shop there, and now it's 10x bigger than when they bought them.

That's the rumor going around now, and Sony wants to get in the medical imaging business and make it a core business for them (as per Kaz). I don't know any details though.

Goli

I've been looking forward to this to be released in Europe/NA, but until I have no official confirmation I am not going to put any stock on it either.

By the way nice find, I hope it turns up eventually to be true.

That store usually puts up fake crap like that aaaaall the time.

Mr Swine

Banned
IF it's MH3rdP G and it's got copy over from your PSP save -and- above and beyond content (or the Chinese mag rumoured changes) then that's ALL they need. MHP3 HD is pointless though - especially to players like me just tidying up loose ends. I guess built in adhoc party would give me a bit of a spur to play a bit more, but would be less on the excitement scale at this point

If it was MH3rdPG it's all they need - plus it'll just complement the f*ckton of games they've managed to push out so far to date. They've not sold, granted, but the Vita has hardly been tardy given it's life span to date.

And how are you going to transfer save files from 2 totally different platforms not to mention that neither memory card works with eachother

Ridley327

And how are you going to transfer save files from 2 totally different platforms not to mention that neither memory card works with eachother

Isn't that what the Vita Content Manager is for? Granted, you'd need a PC, but it's certainly not an impossible task.

That store usually puts up fake crap like that aaaaall the time.

I find it hardly surprising and I didn't trust it to start with, indeed as a rule I can't see the point for a website taking preorders for games that haven't been announced yet, this being said both MH games may release regardless for all I know.

The only difference that's worth pointing out is that as a matter of fact MH3G is already out on 3DS - although only in Japan - whereas Monster hunter Vita hasn't been announced yet, not even in Japan that is allegedly main MH's market by far, unless we're talking a MH3P late release in the West on Vita instead of Ps3/PSP.

DCharlie

I assume it's a port. I will continue to assume this until I see a G in the title.

lol, you wouldn't see a G in the western title regardless !

Given MH3rd didn't happen, i'd assume any release now would be Monster hunter Unite 3 -

Look the link I posted before again, lol.

Yes, when you mentioned DS I kind of realised I had missed to look at it carefully, in fact 3DS and DS's cover designs are pretty easy to be mistaken if you don't pay much attention, by the way all the same MH3G may release on 3DS later on this year in EU/NA, or maybe not as I said previously, as I am not sure Capcom and Nintendo may consider it to be profitable enough to be worth the effort.

jiggle

if it's a port for na/eu
it's not such a bad thing
always thought SCEA should allow PSP games on vita carts (hello type-0)

but if they announce such port for japan
scej need to be loloff the stage and out of the market

Top Bottom