• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Striker

Sorry 'bout that, wasn't at the computer. Position changes finished. Team looks mighty different than last year. Won't have a lot of high star talent - awful recruiting I've been doing. :\

EDIT:

Doing team cuts now. Only got one left to cut, contemplating who to ax.

KanZolo

Done with cuts. Got rid of 80% of recruits I just brought in. Feel like Saban.

Squad looks nastier than last year, can't wait to test them out.

I'll do my cuts when I get home tonight.

I didn't do my position changes until this morning so thank god for Striker because GC must not have even checked to see if I did mine. :p

GCQuinton

Season starts tonight?

We've never started the season the same night as we did an offseason step. C'mon, son.

Won't have time to do the schedules till tomorrow morning, then I'll advance afterwards.

Also...

BREAKING: Rutgers joins the SEC, effective immediately. The Scarlet Knights will play in the SEC East Division and have a protected rivalry with Ole Miss. As a result, Vanderbilt will swap places with Rutgers and head to the Big East. The conference has also lost their BCS bowl bid.

We're officially in the preseason! Take care of all that stuff ASAP because I'm doing schedules tomorrow morning and starting the season right after!

KanZolo

So are we in redshirt /depth chart/fill board yet?

edit: nvm...

Welcome to the SEC. May you be corrupted as the rest of us.

BigAT

9XLHt.jpg

Gentlemen, I would like to thank you for joining me tonight. I'm not here to waste your time, so I'll get right to it. I'm here to announce that Rutgers University will be joining the SEC for football effective for the upcoming 2017 season.

This was not an easy choice, nor was it a choice that was made hastily. The catalyst for this move came when our team last year was wrongfully denied the opportunity they clearly deserved to play for the National Championship. We believe this is a failure of the archaic BCS system we are currently forced to operate under. Unfortunately we do not have the power to change our current system, so we must make whatever changes are under our control to put Rutgers in the best position to succeed. While we have always loved and valued the tradition and camaraderie that has come with playing in the Big East Conference, we believe a move to the SEC will provide Rutgers with the perceived prestige required to operate in this current environment.

Striker

Unsure where to go at QB and HB. No player has that proper balance I look for. Probably look at some rotation of some sort. My offensive line will likely take a heavy dip. Gonna miss my boys at OT; I had Culp (93 ovr LT) and Nichols (93 ovr RT) for the past three seasons, and I have not recruited in the event of their absence very well. :\

WTF Owl, six linebackers 90+ -_-

GCQuinton

Season%20Eight%20(Teams).jpg

Notes From The Commish:

The Countdown to Season Ten, now OFFICIALLY our final one, begins!

Since CWS has dropped, everybody in the league now has three games a piece. Aside from that, some of the usual problems we've had (more home vs. away games, consecutive bye weeks) are actually not a problem this season so we're set. Yes, some folks play each other again and I'll no doubt hear somebody (i.e. Az) complain about it, but I've explained how tricky scheduling this stuff is so just roll with it. And if anybody has a right to complain this season about their opponents, it's probably Striker :(.

You also might notice that you've got additional "tougher" (i.e. ranked) opponents in the open spots that were available. At this point, we've all got our teams established, so just like at this point in the dynasty last year, with the possible exception of rivalry games, NO EASY GAMES!

We finished Season Eight in exactly two weeks and two days, and I don't have any doubts we can keep that pace up, so let's roll!

Human Game Schedules For Season Eight:

Air Force
Pitt
Minnesota
Army

Army
Clemson
Navy
Air Force

Clemson
Minnesota
Army
Rutgers

Minnesota
Navy
Clemson
Air Force

Navy
Minnesota
Ole Miss
Army

Ole Miss
Pitt
Navy
Rutgers

Pitt
Ole Miss
Rutgers
Air Force

Rutgers
Pitt
Clemson
Ole Miss

Advancing to Week One RIGHT NOW!

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week One Games

Army (GCQ) vs #18 USC
#4 Minnesota (BPH) vs Navy (Nightz)
#16 Pitt (Striker) vs #1 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Air Force (Drizz) vs #24 Miami
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs Kentucky

IDLE: #13 Clemson (Az)

Week One Headlines

With Rutgers In The SEC, An All-Conference BCS Title Game Could Be In The Cards
Returning From Injury, Can Josh Williams Win The Heisman As Some Thought He Would Last Season?
Pitt Begins Their Brutal Schedule Against Defending Champs Ole Miss
Army Has A Fight On Their Hands As They Head To USC

Rankings

Ole Miss - #1 Coaches
Rutgers - #2 Coaches
Minnesota - #4 Coaches
Clemson - #13 Coaches
Pittsburgh - #16 Coaches

Game of the Week

Pitt vs Ole Miss

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

I suck. Game tried to get me back in that so many times. Miami not running out the clock like the scUM they are and I pick em off for it. My receivers drop so much. Should've ran it on a 4th and 2 at the end. Freshman QB, gonna be a long season. :\

My senior kicker progressed well, he's a beast. 14 mph winds going the opposite direction? 53 yarder no problem.

Striker

Lemme practice a little Owl, I'm still iffy on my QB. :\

On the recruiting side, got an instant commit from two guys. One a 5* ATH and another 4* Center.

GCQuinton

We put up a fight, and was even up at a point, but still fell to USC 27-17. My HBs were dropping like flies it felt like, but oh well.

Striker

GG Owl.

SEC speed. :(

The line overall differences were a big mismatch for me. I don't think many, if any at all, are above 80. Constantly in my backfield. Going to be a rough year for that, I can see. McGee was an All-ACC All American, and he had two wide open drops. Three injuries throughout, but none severe. Nothing I could really do.

Those deep bombs to Reid (both on Darrell Cox's side) reminded me of the late 90's of Randall Cunningham just throwing heaves deep to Randy Moss. Embarrassing.

And your KR/HB's speed is unfair!

EDIT: Huh, well my Xbox froze, said the transfer could not be complete, either Disconnect or Abandon Results/Stats. So I restart and now apparently none of my stats saved, but the score still shows. On my screen none of Owl's stats saved either, wtf. Maybe its just me.

GCQuinton

Still isn't showing up? It was for me earlier, but the stats weren't (on the console, but on the web page they are). I have no idea why it says it's March 23rd though lol.

Haven't checked the console yet, but aside from that story here's what I'm seeing on the site:

week1.jpg

Good game man. Both of our defenses played really well. Your guys were swarming each time Sanchez broke a tackle. Hell, I think I broke 4 or 5 in one play, but it was a 6 yard loss. Good luck the rest of the way.

Top Bottom