• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorcity! A cartoon from the Megas XLR people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

BAGOQ.jpg

Did anyone know about this? I just found out today, a friend linked me to the pilot episode on itunes.

Apparently its premiering on disney XD April 30th.

A synopsis from wikipedia.

The series is set in a fictional, futuristic Detroit owned by evil billionaire Abraham Kane (Mark Hamill). Having banned personal freedoms including automobile transportation, Kane now faces one last obstacle: a group of hot-rod wielding rebels who call themselves The Burners. Led by Mike Chilton (Reid Scott), The Burners rise to stop Kane from conquering Detroit’s last oasis of freedom—an underground refuge dubbed Motorcity.

After watching the first episode, it seems like something the megas dudes would make, though a bit more serious.

The trailer.

A link to its itunes page for the first episode, its free obviously.

I can't believe I have never heard of it until today, but I guess disney XD isn't exactly a premier channel.

Khezu

Sadly goat is probably long dead.

On the bright side, it does have a character voiced by Kel Mitchell.

Tizoc

FIRST EP. IS FRIGGIN' AWESOME!
Show starts airing April 30th and is set for 26 episodes. Hope the rest of the show keeps up with the quality.
Also
DAT DOUBLE CHAINSAW STAFF!

EVERY GAFFER WATCH THIS NOW!

Tizoc

Holy moley, I didn't read the description in the first post but
MARK HAMILL IS THE VILLAIN?!?! I thought DiMaggio voies him XD
Also, the main character isn't voiced by Steven Blum even though they sound almost the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_Scott_(actor)

Anyone planning on an OT? Cuz I feel like making one unless this one would do.
If so, I suggest the thread title be:
Motorcity (from the creators of Megas XLR) |OT| WE DIG HEAVY METAL RACING!

Khezu

Anyone planning on an OT? Cuz I feel like making one unless this one would do.
If so, I suggest the thread title be:
Motorcity (from the creators of Megas XLR) |OT| WE DIG HEAVY METAL RACING!

Go for it, you could probably do a lot better then this.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Sadly goat is probably long dead.

On the bright side, it does have a character voiced by Kel Mitchell.

Well, goat did die in metalocalypse. But seeing as how its highely unlikely that downtown, megas and metalocalypse are connected, he still may appear.

Tizoc

DAMNIT CARTOON GAF WHY DIDNT YALL TELL ME ABOUT THIS!?

WHY DO I HAVE TO FIND OUT THROUGH TUMBLR?

tumblr_m2w1appVpD1r2ohozo1_r3_500.gif

tumblr_m2w1appVpD1r2ohozo2_r3_500.gif

Give it a day or two and more of GAF will be bombarded by this magnificanceceecsss...however you spell it.
...and I just can't get enough of that 30 second intro FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Loved Megas XLR, definitely will keep this in mind.

On a side note, is the channel actually called "Disney XD", or are we just laughing at the Disney channel?

FillerB

Loved Megas XLR, definitely will keep this in mind.

On a side note, is the channel actually called "Disney XD", or are we just laughing at the Disney channel?

It's actually called Disney XD. Or atleast that's what's it called in the Netherlands. I think they tried to go for a double meaning with "omigosh 'obscure' laughing smiley so edgy"/"eXtra Disney" or something and failed miserably.

But yeah the first episode was pretty great.

It's actually called Disney XD. Or atleast that's what's it called in the Netherlands. I think they tried to go for a double meaning with "omigosh 'obscure' laughing smiley so edgy"/"eXtra Disney" or something and failed miserably.

But yeah the first episode was pretty great.

Actually, it's because they started out with some kind of EXTREME branding when the channel started. Their bumpers and general ads were based on action sports - skateboarding, rollerblading, etc. - and they had a handful of shows based on those sports. I think there was a sitcom and a cartoon made specifically for the channel, although I don't know what they were called. I was actually pretty shocked when I watched Disney XD for the first time, since I thought that particular style of advertising had died out in the early '90s.

That was all back when the channel first started out, though; I have no idea how it looks now. The only reason I bothered to check it out at all was because it's what Toon Disney/Jetix eventually metamorphosed into in the States. No more Tick and Gargoyles reruns for me :(

Anyway, the show in the OP looks interesting. I might have to check it out sometime, if I even still have the channel.

FillerB

Actually, it's because they started out with some kind of EXTREME branding when the channel started. Their bumpers and general ads were based on action sports - skateboarding, rollerblading, etc. - and they had a handful of shows based on those sports. I think there was a sitcom and a cartoon made specifically for the channel, although I don't know what they were called. I was actually pretty shocked when I watched Disney XD for the first time, since I thought that particular style of advertising had died out in the early '90s.

Really? Interesting. I don't watch it much (only Phineas and Ferb now and then, the rest is just terrible acted and even more terrible dubbed live action-shows) so I wouldn't know how it was in the beginning

Makes you wonder what they teach the marketing (or whatever the TV-equivalent is) blokes nowadays.

jph139

Returns this week brahs! Wish I had enough space on my IPad to download the first batch to catch up...

Hyped - with DC Nation pushed to January and Avengers in the final stretch, Motorcity's the only action cartoon worth watching. (Well, and Tron: Uprising. But I like Motorcity better.)

Parallax

The animation in this series is amazing. I hope the rumors about the creators being in the talks with cn for the rights for megas being true. If we can get a back to back set, I would be hyped.

Parallax

Well its over, and it was a damn good ride. Best series of the previous year. Man I would love a season 2

abundant

Sucks that it's over, but it at least went out with a bang and, more importantly, no cliffhangers. The music was especially epic,
like during the Kane vs. Mike fight.

Silkworm

So that's that. Bummer. Kane is still alive and did anything really change? Motorcity is saved from being converted to Detroit Deluxe by Kane's most recent attempt but Kane still exists so the threat remains. Also Julie still hasn't revealed to Mike that she's Kane's daughter. I suppose it's better than trying to finalize the fight between the Burners and Kane since then there would be no chance of a 2nd season unless they invented a new nemesis (maybe replace Kane with Red?). I'm hoping they'll continue this but if not I hope Chris Prynoski gets to work on another animated series soon.

Well its over, and it was a damn good ride. Best series of the previous year. Man I would love a season 2

Official word about that?

Or is this going to be a Mystery Inc. type thing were it really looks like it's not coming back, then it comes back to look like it's really not coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom