• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorcity (from the creators of Megas XLR) |OT| WE DIG HEAVY METAL RACING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woxel1

This show is amazing. Easily the best animation on TV right now. I have no clue how they keep up that level of quality from episode to episode.

Also this guy

tumblr_m6f8x11osa1qm3rfx.png

is voiced by Dee Snider. HOW CRAZY?!

Me too. Texas is fun, even if he's low-budget Patrick Warburton!

Also, I hope we get a soundtrack release before this show is wiped off the face of the planet.

Holy crap at that Texas-ified intro; amazing. Was wondering why they didn't do the standard Mike VO!

EDIT: This entire episode might just be the best thing ever.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
is disney XD a popular enough channel to support these shows...I love this show i wonder why it got axed it had to be one of their top shows...

What an ending....
Yeah, some killer setpieces, music, just good stuff all around. I wish they'd at least release a soundtrack digitally so I could carry something tangible with me, but I fear there's nothing left.
is disney XD a popular enough channel to support these shows...I love this show i wonder why it got axed it had to be one of their top shows...
It doesn't have the highest viewership as a channel, but the ratings were dismal. Partially the show's fault, partially the awful scheduling, hiatuses, weak lead-ins, etc. Lots of issues, lots of blame. Worst part is I believe Titmouse lost the rights to Disney, and this was a big passion project for Chris Prynoski.

So, I'm really not a fan of internet petitions and the like, and generally believe that all hope is false. BUT, there's a new crowdfunding website called SMGO (Show Must Go On) that has been getting a little press of late, you may have seen Giancarlo Volpe (GL:TAS, etc) talking/tweeting about it, and one of the first projects on there is Motorcity. So, again, don't get your hopes up... please. I'd be shocked if anyone even responds to this, but if you lurk, or somehow see this post, or anything, sign up. It takes all of 30 seconds to complete your registration and give Motorcity a vote.

Just imagine if this thing takes off and we get stuff like Motorcity, Tron: Uprising, GL:TAS, Young Justice, Clone Wars, Thundercats, SYM-BIONIC TITAN, etc, back. It only has to happen once for people to see it as viable. I know there are tons of rights tied up in the shows I mentioned, and again, no hopes here, but hey: Kickstarter started somewhere.

http://www.smgo.tv/shows/motorcity-1/

PS: Ugh, I think that was the first time I've listed the recent animated heart-crushing cancellations. Apologies if I missed anything, just writing those above took a lot out of me.

Akahige

don't really want to bump but I was wondering how long the show takes to pick up the pace and get interesting? I only watched the first one and didn't like it much

don't really want to bump but I was wondering how long the show takes to pick up the pace and get interesting? I only watched the first one and didn't like it much

It gets a little better, but the one problem I had with it is that despite the awesome characters and style, it's a formulaic, paint by numbers show. You got to at least get up to them introducing the Duke of Detroit though.

While MotorcityGAF is essentially nonexistent, thought there'd be at least someone other than me wanting to own one of the very few pieces of official merchandise created for / related to the show. Physical proof it once existed! Signed by the three people most responsible for said existence!
http://www.titmousestuff.com/produc...hris-prynoski-antonio-canobbio-and-ben-kalina

Don't be like me, use the code SPRING2014 for free shipping. I forgot to because I am dumb (but lovable?) like Tooley.

Mesoian

Just watched this show in full. It's a shame it never got a real shot. On paper Redline + Escape from NY + The Burger King Kids Club should be a huge success. But I guess it takes a lot to foster greatness. Plus the show takes a minute to really find it's flow.

It's too bad. Seriously LTTP but man, I feel like this really could have been something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom