• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you are of a bodybuilder stature or more than a 12" drop you can pretty much wear anything.

For dress clothes I normally have to get everything tailored quite a bit unless I am buying Hugo Boss which I can pick up about once a year. Dress shirts are a pain in the ass as well. BR, Kenneth Cole and such all say they have athletic lines but they are at the bare minimum.
Finding more tailored clothes can just be a bit of chore if you don't know where to look and I am not a fan of Abercrombie.

Dunno your size but if you're willing to experiment Brian dales @ yoox is on deep sale and they have a good drop. Calvin Klein collection is also good for athletic builds, wide shoulders and a more aggressive V shape than a lot of others. Also cheap on yoox right now.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
If you got the sides short enough, I wouldn't worry about it. It's preferable to have the top long since you can style it to your preference. Just slab some pomade on there and you'll be good to go.

May need the sides a little shorter but I think it's looking alright. Just styled it ready to go out so I'll see how it goes down outside of work (mates are likely to be more openly critical than colleagues :p)

Dunno your size but if you're willing to experiment Brian dales @ yoox is on deep sale and they have a good drop. Calvin Klein collection is also good for athletic builds, wide shoulders and a more aggressive V shape than a lot of others. Also cheap on yoox right now.

Calvin Klein? Okay very cool Ill check that out. Thanks

Draft

Might have to seriously try these. Never even occurred to me. They don't seem bad at all!

Noted. Sorry.

Cheap. Like, less than $50 cheap :p . Still thinking boat shoes are the way to go for me. Or those $20 shoes I saw at Target today....hmm....

What color shoes go best with anything? Gray? Does gray go with khaki?
Gray shoes go with basically everything.

coldvein

Banned
i think i might go to a used clothing store, what should i buy? it needs to make me look cool.

seriously i never buy clothes. inspire me, people!

Pilgor

Have you Naked & Famous heads seen their (newish) Red Core Denim? Indigo that fades to Red.

7920000.11b.jpg
7920000.12b.jpg
7920000.10b.JPG

I like the idea and have been looking for something different to try for my next pair of jeans. I also have my eye on their Elephant II model. Thoughts?

I have a pair of both.

Elephants are heavy and a very tight weave in the fabric. Fades very nicely.

The Red Cores have not started to fade yet, but they should do alright. Not as heavy, but still pretty stiff. Also, the weave of the fabric is low tension, so there are patterns and texture to the denim.

Can't go wrong with either one.

coldvein

Banned
i like them jeanz. ^^^

expensive?

oh yeah, i have a serious man fashion question for you guys ... i used to own a flannel. this was like 2007, i think it was new at that time. it was by vans and had a red/blue/black/purple square pattern..i left it in a bar and it disappeared forever, but i looked awesome in it. i checked their website a while back and couldn't find it. anybody know this shirt? or how i could find it?

Pilgor

i like them jeanz. ^^^

expensive?

oh yeah, i have a serious man fashion question for you guys ... i used to own a flannel. this was like 2007, i think it was new at that time. it was by vans and had a red/blue/black/purple square pattern..i left it in a bar and it disappeared forever, but i looked awesome in it. i checked their website a while back and couldn't find it. anybody know this shirt? or how i could find it?

$215

http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/06/naked-famous-weird-guy-red-core-14oz.html

coldvein

Banned
this is it. i want it back ;_;

vans-flannel-shirt.jpg

sad thing is that now i see them relatively often, where back in the olde times i was the only person in the world who owned one (in montana).

coldvein

Banned
It's a pretty standard flannel pattern; if you go to a thrift store you should be able to find plenty similar.

same colors and everything? hmmm. i'll look, but i doubt i will find that exact goodness. it was thick and nice sturdy fabric an all.

coldvein

Banned
You're in washington and having trouble finding flannel?! :p

Try buffalo exchange on cap hill

THAT ONE SPECIFIC flannel, mac! it is the best one i have ever worn. i'm on the hill rite now when i'm done at this coffee spot i'll check it out. thx bro. i guess i'm open to other flannels if it feels right.. that one just fit perfect, felt perfect, looked perfect.

I have a pair of both.

Elephants are heavy and a very tight weave in the fabric. Fades very nicely.

The Red Cores have not started to fade yet, but they should do alright. Not as heavy, but still pretty stiff. Also, the weave of the fabric is low tension, so there are patterns and texture to the denim.

Can't go wrong with either one.
Thanks Pilgor, I knew I could count on you for some Naked & Famous insight.

I'm going to go with the Red Cores (the fades sold me), I think the Elephants may be a little too heavy for my taste. Can't wait, it's been far too long since I've bought a decent pair of jeans.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Finally got some shorts that are non-cargo. They actually had a bunch of colors but I just got these and a pair of darker green ones. May go back for some of the others. Now, what shirts to buy Gaf? If I were to buy boat shoes, what shirts go best?

Don't mind the wrinkles.

Finally got some shorts that are non-cargo. They actually had a bunch of colors but I just got these and a pair of darker green ones. May go back for some of the others. Now, what shirts to buy Gaf? If I were to buy boat shoes, what shirts go best?

Don't mind the wrinkles.

Polos, oxfords, lightweight dress shirts. Make sure they are in spring/summer colours.

Zekes!

Those look way dope. Also reminded me why I was trying to stay out of this thread because I have no money and just want to buy stuff.

Hypereides

Gold Member

Don't mind the wrinkles.

Dreadful color choice in my opinion. It looks so lifeless :|

If I were you I'd do this:

1.)Get yourself a pair of white shorts.

2.)Get a sky blue striped shirt kinda like this (roll the sleeves up to your elbows.)

img-thing

3.)Add a brown leather belt to shorts.

4.)Finally Get some aviators for that cool motherfucker vibe.

You could add a leather strap watch/or divers watch to complete the outfit if youre going for a boat captain theme.

j178657_00_swatch

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

2.)Get a sky blue striped shirt kinda like this (roll the sleeves up to your elbows.)

You could add a leather strap watch/or divers watch to complete the outfit if youre going for a boat captain theme.

Hmm, I will do this. Where can I get those style of shirts and not spend a ton, and have them fit well?

Also, here's my Monday work outfit. For some reason I bought 5 of the same type of polos (different colors) and only the black one fits how I want it. Does this look bad? I like the look, the fit for the polo is just a bit baggy under the arms. I also have to wear a tank top underneath and it makes the fit even more odd.

The black one feels much more of a "slim" fit, even though all of the polos are slim fit, size large.

Pilgor

no, go get some reverse fades

The reverse fades feel like they are covered in acrylic paint and are shiny, almost sticky feeling. I had a chance to pick up the last pair available, but I passed... I just wouldn't have worn them.

Go for the Red Cores, they are awesome.

White shorts are nice but not everyone can pull them off. He went with the safer route but he can still spice it up with his other items. Make sure the belt matches the shoes. Check out this pair of sunglasses if aviators don't suit your face.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...ort_by=newArrivals&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Alucrid

Banned
The reverse fades feel like they are covered in acrylic paint and are shiny, almost sticky feeling. I had a chance to pick up the last pair available, but I passed... I just wouldn't have worn them.

Go for the Red Cores, they are awesome.

Because..they are covered in paint.

I'm getting conflicting information regarding European shoe sizes, specifically size 45.

Yoox has EU45 at US12, whereas a quick google search tells me EU45 is actually US11. Can anyone clear this up for me? Obviously it varies brand to brand but from experience, is EU45 generally closer to 11 or 12?

Duderz

Banned
Yay or nay on denim shirts? I've always liked them, but my friends always give me a hard time whenever I war mine around them.

I'm getting conflicting information regarding European shoe sizes, specifically size 45.

Yoox has EU45 at US12, whereas a quick google search tells me EU45 is actually US11. Can anyone clear this up for me? Obviously it varies brand to brand but from experience, is EU45 generally closer to 11 or 12?

EU42 is a uk 8 (my size) so EU45 would be 11Uk size. Assuming each incriment up is equal to a shoe size.

If a shoe is 11UK,Its 12 in USA size.

Confusing.

Brera

Banned
Recently got into rugby tops.

They're like polo tops but more substancial and the collars are much better to me.

Ultimately...they're potentially even more douchy than polos with popped collars! Shame they tend to be much more expensive but picked up some on sale for £50 each!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom