• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

So Connor announced at Gamescom? I'm calling it. :p

If Cloud/Lightning is in, he/she will be announced at TGS, obviously. I mean, TGS happens before the game's official launch right?

Duffyside

Banned
Surprisingly, the reveal of Cole is bumming me out as I wish for an Infamous 3 (Infamy, as I'd call it) that I'll never get. *Sigh* And multiplayer Infamous could be god-like.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Next one is at Gamescom... When is Gamescom?

Getting increasingly worried that Wanderer, Spyro, Cloud, Crash, and Ratchet wont be in the game.

Not a fan of Jak being so gun heavy, but I am damn happy to see him in the game. Not a fan of Cole in general, but he transitions so well into the game

Aug 15

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
It's funny that there are still some people doubting Ratchet will be in this game. Lol.

He's owned by Sony, and the games are very, very popular and well loved. It's a no brainer that they are in there.

Same for Sackboy.

Snake is a no brainer, because Kojima has no qualms about including his MGS characters in other series. He seems to really get a kick out of it.

I'm thinking we'll see Connor/Ezio, Cloud/Lightning, Crash/Spyro on the third party front along with Snake. I have them separated by "/" because I'm not sure which one will be chosen.

I want more first party reveals. I'd squee if Alundra was included. I'm hoping for Nariko, Kat, and Ellen/Keats. Jen is a wishful thinking inclusion. Rose or Dart could be really cool.

Once our final three "No Brainers" are revealed, we'll still have at least 6-9 more character slots to fill. Who could they be?!

Sid

My final unannounced character guesses:

1.Snake
2.Kazuma Kiryu
3.Nariko
4.Cloud
5.Ratchet and Clank
6.Connor
7.Dante
8.Crash(Original)
9.Spyro(Original)
10.Leon
11.Sackboy

LuuKyK

My unannounced character guesses:

1.Snake
2.Lara Croft(the original lara)
3.Nariko
4.Cloud
5.Ratchet and Clank
6.Connor
7.Dante
8.Crash(Original)
9.Spyro(Original)
10.Leon

Lara Croft is confirmed not to be in the game. And I don't see Leon making it too.

The rest of your list is good.

Realistic wishlist:

1) Snake
2) Cloud
3) Gable Logan
4) Lara Croft
5) Ratchet & Clank
6) Sir Daniel Fortescue
7) Leon Kennedy
8) DMC2 Dante
9) Wander or Ico

Ratchet&Clank have to be Jak&Daxter's rivals surely?

I-hate-u

My unannounced character guesses:

1.Snake
2.Lara Croft(the original lara) (CD kinda dis-confirmed her)
3.Nariko
4.Cloud
5.Ratchet and Clank
6.Connor (Ezio will get in instead of him imo)
7.Dante
8.Crash(Original)
9.Spyro(Original) (Screw Spyro if we get Crash)
10.Leon (2 third party characters from the same publisher has a slim chance of happening)

And Kazuma Kiryu must be in this game. Yakuza is one of the few remaining third party PS exclusives and Yakuza 5 is coming out soon

Carl

I can't see Activision letting Sony have the ORIGINAL Spyro. If Spyro is in, it will be the ugly motherfucker Skylanders atrocity.

They MIGHT let Sony have the original Crash, seeing as they appear to have given up on him for the time being.

I don't see Spyro AND Crash both being in it, though.

August 15-19.

So a month.

But I want it nowwww. :(

It's funny that there are still some people doubting Ratchet will be in this game. Lol.

He's owned by Sony, and the games are very, very popular and well loved. It's a no brainer that they are in there.

Same for Sackboy.

Snake is a no brainer, because Kojima has no qualms about including his MGS characters in other series. He seems to really get a kick out of it.

I'm thinking we'll see Connor/Ezio, Cloud/Lightning, Crash/Spyro on the third party front along with Snake. I have them separated by "/" because I'm not sure which one will be chosen.

I want more first party reveals. I'd squee if Alundra was included. I'm hoping for Nariko, Kat, and Ellen/Keats. Jen is a wishful thinking inclusion. Rose or Dart could be really cool.

Once our final three "No Brainers" are revealed, we'll still have at least 8-12 more character slots to fill. Who could they be?!

I wont doubt Ratchet, but I am desperate to see him revealed already. I'm too antsy for this teasing lol. Ratchet will be far more unique than Jak-- with his whip and all. I felt Jak lost his direction, though I did enjoy Jak 2 and 3. Jak is too gun heavy, but if he wasn't, his moves would resemble Crash, which makes me hope that Crash is in the game and that Jak is gun heavy to differentiate him from Crash.

Don't want Lightning at all, but I'm doubtful of seeing Cloud. Spyro would be bloody unique to play as, and is by far one of the most original designs they could use.

I desperately want Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus and would die if Max from Dark Cloud was in with his Ridepod.

Mr. Fix

Just a guess at who's left.

1. Sackboy
2. Snake
3. Ratchet and Clank
4. Connor

5. Nariko
6. Crash
7. Spyro
8. Cloud/Lightning

And my own choice:
9. Chimera

Takao

Banned
I can't see Activision letting Sony have the ORIGINAL Spyro. If Spyro is in, it will be the ugly motherfucker Skylanders atrocity.

They MIGHT let Sony have the original Crash, seeing as they appear to have given up on him for the time being.

Tribal tats all the way brah

Zabuza

Banned
Hopefully there are around 24 or so characters so we can get the 9 reveals and then maybe some surprises after the game is announced.

I think Crash has a lot more pull as a "Sony character" than Spyro. Crash was always more popular and used in Sony's marketing campaigns for a very long time. I think Superbot will go out of their way to secure classic Crash as a character, and I do think it's more likely because Spyro is tied in with Skylanders and I don't see Activision giving him up when they can toss over a character like Crash who isn't popular anymore.

I-hate-u

This is realistic list I think:
1)Snake
2)Nariko
3)Ico and Yorda
4)DMC3 Dante (or Megaman or Ryu. I can't call the Capcom spot)
5)Sackboy
6)Kazuma Kiryu
7)Ratchet and Clank
8)Cloud
9)Crash
10)Some surprise wacky character like Kevin Butler
11)Ezio

Zabuza

Banned
1)Snake
2)Nariko
3)Ico and Yorda
5)Sackboy
6)Kazuma Kiryu
7)Ratchet and Clank
8)Cloud
9)Crash

Now I like this list.

Takao

Banned
1)Snake
2)Nariko
3)Ico and Yorda
5)Sackboy
6)Kazuma Kiryu
7)Ratchet and Clank
8)Cloud
9)Crash

No this is not what I consider wacky. This is what I consider a wasted roster spot.

Xater

1)Snake
2)Nariko
3)Ico and Yorda
5)Sackboy
6)Kazuma Kiryu
7)Ratchet and Clank
8)Cloud
9)Crash
11)Ezio

Kevin Butler has to be the final boss of the game or it's a wasted opportunity.

Takao

Banned
A lot of people like him and I think he fits the role of the final boss. If not him, who do u think will be the final boss?

Someone who is actually a video game character.

Kevin Butler has only ever existed as a North American marketing character to promote the PS3. He doesn't exist in Europe or Asia, has never starred in any video games, and is exclusive to a single platform's marketing. Not a piece of PlayStation history that should be given such a highly coveted spot.

Hey guys I just realized something. Gamescom is in Europe so why would Connor being shown there make sense? Ubisoft is based out of France. What other first or 3rd party have been done in Europe that could be revealed at Gamescom?

Takao

Banned
Hey guys I just realized something. Gamescom is in Europe so why would Connor being shown there make sense? Ubisoft is based out of France. What other first or 3rd party have been done in Europe that could be revealed at Gamescom?

LittleBigPlanet is from a British developer. Time to finally showcase some sack.

So, rivalries. What do you think they will be?

1) Ratchet vs Jak
2) Spyro vs Crash (or Crash vs. Parappa would be hilarious)
3) Nate vs. Sweet Tooth
4) Heihachi vs Toro
4) Connor vs. Sly
5) Cole vs Kratos?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just a guess at who's left.

1. Sackboy [confirmed]
2. Snake [twittered]
3. Ratchet and Clank [confirmed]
4. Connor [hopefully confirmed]

5. Nariko [leaked by screen. unfinished model]
6. Crash [please!]
7. Spyro [please!]
8. Cloud/Lightning

And my own choice:
9. Chimera

So, I guess it's decent roster, so I am looking forward to see what they are adding to their roster in future. Also I hope that we would hit 24-26 characters.

Also I would like to predict for Gamescom: Sackboy and AC/Snake

Haha, perfect. I don't hate the KB campaign but it doesn't really belong in the game. A non-game character from a marketing campaign that is winding down? No thanks.

I dont hate him either, but he's vastly overrated, and the advertisements are so corny these days. He also ruins advertisements for games. Some games deserve some serious TV spots, but KB just craps on them and makes them into a comedy. But this is besides the point, I absolutely do not want to see him as a PS:A fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom