• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainr_

Do you like this better? Foresee a strong competitive community? See yourself playing this for a long time? Think other SSB fans will like it if they try it?

Can't say I like this game better yet until I see the full package. Stock mode and 1v1 is what I'm looking forward to. It's a definitely day one purchase I'll tell you that. Maybe both Vita and PS3. And yes I do see myself playing this game for some time. It's got a working online! Buttery smooth too.

As for being competitive? I don't know. Too early to tell. I don't see balancing issues as of yet though. Looks good so far.

Oh and I definitely think some SSB fans will like it if they give it a shot.

Cole's level 2 looks ridiculous, but his level 3 is lame in comparison. I suppose it's a tradeoff.

I hope not any more level 3's are First Person point-n-shoots, or cinematic wipeouts. We have enough of that.

And thanks, 8-bit Troy

Other Radecs just CAN'T HANDLE IT *blasts a dozen guns into the air*
2012-07-27_12-01-28_588.jpg

SSReborn

Look how far the wave stretches out that is most likely the hit box of the attack. Then look over to the right and take into account the size of the other characters. Then lastly remember the first phase of the attack and bere in mind Jak can kill at that point as well. Now using Beta experience think about how far your roll goes, how long you have that invincible frame for and what would happen if you try to roll through that attack.

Cole's level 2 looks ridiculous, but his level 3 is lame in comparison. I suppose it's a tradeoff.

I hope not any more level 3's are First Person point-n-shoots, or cinematic wipeouts. We have enough of that.

And thanks, 8-bit Troy

When you think about it there is only a few different types of lvl 3 that makes sense for multiple kills. ''Super mode'' with Jak, Kratos, Sweet Tooth. ''FPS mode'' with Sly, Radec, Cole. ''Cinematic'' with Heihachi, Toro and Parappa. ''Debuff enemies'' with Big Daddy and Drake. Fat Peach has the only really unique lvl 3 so far with summon/proxy and I bet there will be more characters like that. It's impossible to make really unique lvl 3 supers with 20+ roster.

I've finally started winning matches as Parappa, Radec, and Kratos. Kratos is the easiest to win with but you want to know who has the best Lv.1 Super in the game so far? Parappa. That flash kick has so much range, you can use it as an AA and catch someone trying to jump in at you. Plus since it has awesome range, you can catch 3 people in it quite easily.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

I've finally started winning matches as Parappa, Radec, and Kratos. Kratos is the easiest to win with but you want to know who has the best Lv.1 Super in the game so far? Parappa. That flash kick has so much range, you can use it as an AA and catch someone trying to jump in at you. Plus since it has awesome range, you can catch 3 people in it quite easily.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

How is Parappa's better than Sly's or Fat Princesses?
I prefer Radec's myself. But that's awesome you like Kratos. I just tried him and actually won one!

How is Parappa's better than Sly's or Fat Princesses?
I prefer Radec's myself. But that's awesome you like Kratos. I just tried him and actually won one!

I think it's because it's deceptively fast and has so much range that is catches people of guard even on a platform above you. It's just my opinion though.

Got a code <3<3<3<3. And I was just gonna start Civ 5 game that would have lasted forever and would have missed this!

My info if you stumble by me:

Napalm_Frank NapalmFrank Fin

Current list:
6. KevinCow
7. Oyashiro-Sama
8. IntelliHeath
9. Drago
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
12.jtir123
13.Silent_Ocarina
14.Thuway
15.Fancy Corndog
16.Miutsu
17.Papercuts
18.SolidSnake
19.Drencrom
20.Andvary
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
24- ~Devil Trigger~
25. Tagg9
26. JohnnySasaki86
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
34. Schobeleth
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY&#12539;S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey

Ryce

6. KevinCow
7. Oyashiro-Sama
8. IntelliHeath
9. Drago
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
12.jtir123
13.Silent_Ocarina
14.Thuway
15.Fancy Corndog
16.Miutsu
17.Papercuts
18.SolidSnake
19.Drencrom
20.Andvary
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
24- ~Devil Trigger~
25. Tagg9
26. JohnnySasaki86
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
34. Schobeleth
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY&#12539;S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey
52. Ryce

I wish I was around here earlier. Is this list even working?

FinKL

6. KevinCow
7. Oyashiro-Sama
8. IntelliHeath
9. Drago
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
12.jtir123
13.Silent_Ocarina
14.Thuway
15.Fancy Corndog
16.Miutsu
17.Papercuts
18.SolidSnake
19.Drencrom
20.Andvary
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
24- ~Devil Trigger~
25. Tagg9
26. JohnnySasaki86
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
34. Schobeleth
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY&#12539;S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey
52. Ryce
53. FinKL

Doesn't hurt right :)

tribal24

Banned
Look like

Kill = 2 points
Death = - 1 points

Yup thats correct, btw the timed mode is not that bad. It still gets pretty intense if your counting scores in your head, one thing i love doing is going straight for the people who got a kill on me right after i get Koed, so my kill score becomes neutral and makes it so they never gained the score off me.

sn00zer

Jaks lvl2 looks like a dark bomb from jak 2.....in the game it killed everyone in a certain circular range so itprobably is just short range and he was out of range of anyone else

if Kat made it into the game, she already have 3 super attack in her own game. psycho crusher, homing gravity bullets thing, and black hole attack. so perfect.

The wait is unbearable for me, so I just ordered a code from one of those sites so I can get Plus on the HK store. Seriously, all the posts were driving me up a wall last night. Just playing the waiting game for that code arriving in my gmail.... After that, tonight after work I'll be binge playing straight through till Sunday!

k_Reign

I have a feeling that the beta will be open for more than just those times, but maybe they are encouraging people to play during those times. I mean...it's up now isn't it? And the past few days we've been playing.

6. KevinCow
7. Oyashiro-Sama
8. IntelliHeath
9. Drago
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
12.jtir123
13.Silent_Ocarina
14.Thuway
15.Fancy Corndog
16.Miutsu
17.Papercuts
18.SolidSnake
19.Drencrom
20.Andvary
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
24- ~Devil Trigger~
25. Tagg9
26. JohnnySasaki86
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
34. Schobeleth
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY&#12539;S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey
52. Ryce
53. FinKL
54. CerebralTiger

Here's hoping everyone on this list gets a code :)

Loudninja

This is not going to happen.

We didn't even put a dent in the list and the close beta will end on August 4rd.

7. Oyashiro-Sama
8. IntelliHeath
9. Drago
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
12.jtir123
13.Silent_Ocarina
14.Thuway
15.Fancy Corndog
16.Miutsu
17.Papercuts
18.SolidSnake
19.Drencrom
20.Andvary
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
24- ~Devil Trigger~
25. Tagg9
26. JohnnySasaki86
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY&#12539;S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey
52. Ryce
53. FinKL
54. CerebralTiger

Just got my code. I'll be seeing you guys tonight! So glad I caved in and decided not to wait, the wait was seriously like a thorn in my mind.

k_Reign

Just got my code. I'll be seeing you guys tonight! So glad I caved in and decided not to wait, the wait was seriously like a thorn in my mind.

It is 15$, but for the amount of excitement we've had, it is totally justifiable, hahah. About to start playing again; it's such a fun game. I'm surprised I'm playing online so much, I usually don't play many games online.

Man, I'm pretty high on that list and I still think I have a better chance at winning the Power Bowl than snagging one of those codes...

Guess I'll just cave and subscribe to PS+ next week.

Endo Punk

Does anyone else think that Kat was made specifically for PBR but Sony decided to give her a game of her own to boost popularity for the character, thus pushing the release of PBR back? And this leads me to my next question, would you like Superbot to create one brand new character for the game?

k_Reign

Does anyone else think that Kat was made specifically for PBR but Sony decided to give her a game of her own to boost popularity for the character? And this leads me to my next question, would you like Superbot to create one brand new character for the game?

I don't think she was made specifically for it, but she seems to be a great fit for the game...hopefully they've decided to include her!

Jonboy

Yeah, I'm not buying that for an instant.
Have you played it? Maybe it's just because I haven't played Brawl in a while and remember it being better than it is. The character models in All-Stars seem weak in this beta. Could just be me.

not that i've played the game to have formed a better opinion than you, but how is that even possible?
I only played 2 matches, and my main problem is with the character models. I'll have to play again tonight to see if they were as bad as I remember. Kratos, in particular, stood out because he looks like absolute garbage compared to his GOW III model. That much is understandable. GOW III is a beautiful looking game. I'm curious to see Drake's model as well. Characters like Sly and Fat Princess look fine. It's those characters who come from games with insanely good graphics that I'm worried about.

I guess I should clarify that the stages in All-Stars look fantastic.

And yeah...the others are right about the art style. I, personally, feel Brawl is better in that regard. But again, this is a beta and not indicative of the final product. In other words, I reserve the right to change my opinion :D

Endo Punk

I don't think she was made specifically for it, but she seems to be a great fit for the game...hopefully they've decided to include her!
Strong rumbling that she is in the game and I agree shits so perfectly in the roster ias if she was meant to be in it all along.

It is 15$, but for the amount of excitement we've had, it is totally justifiable, hahah. About to start playing again; it's such a fun game. I'm surprised I'm playing online so much, I usually don't play many games online.

Mine was a few bucks more but it'll be so worth it. This is the last weekend I can really do some binge gaming, my wife gets back from a family visit on Sunday so... dundundun ;(

Just wanted to say this game is incredibly fun. Seriously cannot wait for the final game, October 23rd cannot come soon enough.
First off, time mode? Super fun. Gets really intense, everybody is always trying to fight each other haha. I'm curious as to how stock mode will play out differently.
Stages - I didn't like Sandover Village at first but I've grown to like it more haha. I can even get wins with Radec now! Hades is still my favorite with Dreamscape being a close second.
Using supers - I find myself using supers in accordance to what level I'm on. Like on Sandover Radec's level 2 isn't too good so I stick with the level 1 or sometimes go for the level 3 haha. Same with Parappa and FP.
So glad I got this beta

Endo Punk

Kratos, in particular, stood out because he looks like absolute garbage compared to his GOW III model. That much is understandable. GOW III is a beautiful looking game. I'm curious to see Drake's model as well. Characters like Sly and Fat Princess look fine. It's those characters who come from games with insanely good graphics that I'm worried about.
You are expecting far too much from the game by comparing its visuals to GOWIII. It's different style they are going for to appeal to a wider demographic, and all in 60FPS with 4 player mayhem or not. I expect character models to get some polish but GOWIII it will never be.

I can't believe I'm bringing this up. But you know who we haven't heard from in awhile?? Paul Gale haha. Maybe Superbot...got to him...
<_<
>_>

I can't believe I'm bringing this up. But you know who we haven't heard from in awhile?? Paul Gale haha. Maybe Superbot...got to him...
<_<
>_>

Im still wondering what happened to Figboy the ListMan

Mine was a few bucks more but it'll be so worth it. This is the last weekend I can really do some binge gaming, my wife gets back from a family visit on Sunday so... dundundun ;(

Change the locks on her. Problem solved.

<_<
>_>

My guess: Superbot has asked him to be quiet cause they seem to have biggest info blowout yet at gamescom. Maybe we will get new hints few days before.

He's doing his best to get Capcom characters in the game as DLC. For justice!
Paul Gale is probably traveling the world for his next batch of carefully constructed clues™.

I'd love to see Okami represented, either through the wolf-god or a beautiful Okami stage. That level would be awe-inspiring... mix it in with Flower or something.

And oh, since it was on PSP and since I'm a mega fan: Power Stone characters. Falcon, Gunrock, Jack, Rouge for those wanting more females.

/dreamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom