• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Drago

Does anyone else thinks Sweet Tooth's level 3 is too short?
Considering it has managed to kill everyone every time I see it used, I think it's fine.

It's just long enough o get a kill on everyone once. It's fine as is IMO

BlackJace

I hope they change the interface. The title screen is nice, but the menus looks so dull and lifeless

/UI Design Major bitching

Drago

I hope they change the interface. The title screen is nice, but the menus looks so dull and lifeless

/UI Design Major bitching
I believe Clockw0rk (developer) said it was something they are working on and improving.

No worries from me about the UI :)

KevinCow

Banned
Yay I won one!

It definitely feels different from Smash. You don't really have normals and specials in the same way as Smash, or most fighting games for that matter. It's more like all your moves are specials. It's kinda weird and takes some getting used to.

But it's definitely fun once you wrap your head around it and stop trying to play it like Smash.

I've been playing Sweet Tooth. I seem to be the least bad with him. His most useful moves are definitely the shotgun - comes out quick, builds a lot of energy, and knocks opponents away - and his mines - not only useful for setting traps, but also good for keeping enemies below you in check. Fire breath is also great when opponents are in a corner. I once had all three of them locked into one fire breath.

His projectiles are unfortunately pretty crappy, though. Molotov is so slow and hard to hit with, and the axe hardly seems to do any damage.

And his supers are definitely weak. Level 1 is slow and easy to get hit out of. Level 2 leaves you extremely vulnerable. And Level 3 is good, but not as good as most of the others.

I'm beginning to really despise Kratos players. His moves have some good reach and can go through floors, and they knock me around everywhere. Any tips against this?

HiiiLife

To the people who have gotten a PM from Clockw0rk.. Did you reply with your GAF username or PSN ID? I recieved one but I'm not sure if I replied with the proper info..

Grokbu

Oh wow, just played my first match!
To the people who have gotten a PM from Clockw0rk.. Did you reply with your GAF username or PSN ID? I recieved one but I'm not sure if I replied with the proper info..
Hrm, I gave him my real name, email of my PSN account, and the name of said PSN account.

HiiiLife

Oh wow, just played my first match!

Hrm, I gave him my real name, email of my PSN account, and the name of said PSN account.

Damn :/ for name I provided the GAF username but I did provide the email and PSN ID that I use. Hope I get it still. Maybe I should send another one of my actual name.

SSReborn

So, after three days, I have to say that this game is virtually flawless. The core mechanics work great. I once again have to complain that the biggest issue is visual indication of super meter levelling and visual indication of your character on screen. Improve both of these and this game is really solid.

I know most of you are still getting into it, but I'd love to hear criticisms and thoughts. I'd also especially like to know your history of fighting games/SSB experience.

CRITICISMS

Although this was said already said my main criticism would have to be with the indicators that the game gives they need to be improved. I think I'm starting to become more aware of when certain people have specials and at what level but it needs to be much easier to see. Different colours for each level would certainly help not just different shades of blue. Another thing is it is really hard for you to tell that you are blocking when the screen pans out very far there needs to be some more indication. Lastly just bigger more eye catching indicators also when it shows your character at the beginning it should show your PSN handle too and the intro shouldn't be skippable.

Other minor gripes
- Sound effects being improved (which is already happening)
- I feel like I want to move slightly faster with some characters especially when trying to get to a Radec who's at the other side of the map sniping
- In the Hades level I feel like if you get hit with one of the Patapons spears you should be invincible from getting hit buy more, getting hit buy one and flying into another set isn't fun
- I wish there was away that you could recover from getting sent flying I don't know if that would ruin the game but I don't really like being sent flying and not having know control for a long time you kind of feel like a pinball. Maybe decreasing the amount of time you get sent flying for by a bit.
- (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) not being able to throw items different distances or directions speaking mostly about the hedgehog grenade

This isn't really a criticism but more a thought I don't see this game being as casual friendly as SSB. It is more hardcore I think and will take a decent amount of understanding of Fighting Games to be able to hold your own. I'll say it again to me it plays like a traditional fighting game but with the structure of Smash Bros. For instance I'll use Kratos as an example when he uses his Nemean Cestus it comes out at a designated angle. You can tell that it was designed to be an Anti-Air or for hitting opponents from above(different platforms) and for nothing else which a casual player might not come to understand.

In terms of fighting game history I play Casually/Moderately I've probably played every major fighter this gen (On the HD Twins) including:

SSF4AE, MK, Blazblue Entries, SC4-5 VF5, KOF13, Tekken 6, SFXTK, UMVC3, DBZ RB2, Naruto Storm Games,

If I remember/more come to me I will post again

Kyon

Banned
Did not know this was going on till I saw someone on my list playing it. Wish I had a code.

Anyone think there will be a Beta for the Vita version?

Grokbu

Damn :/ for name I provided the GAF username but I did provide the email and PSN ID that I use. Hope I get it still. Maybe I should send another one of my actual name.
I have no idea to be honest. I might have been the one who did it incorrectly though, heh.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Woo hoo!

Clockwork sent me and invite, so once I get all set up I'll be joining you online!

This makes up for the fact that Gamefly screwed me out of getting my Max Payne for two weeks!

Can't wait to get owned by the people that have had way more time with the game than I have! Lol.

Woo hoo!

Clockwork sent me and invite, so once I get all set up I'll be joining you online!

This makes up for the fact that Gamefly screwed me out of getting my Max Payne for two weeks!

Can't wait to get owned by the people that have had way more time with the game than I have! Lol.

You're alive! I've been wondering where you went.

You played the same build at E3, right?

Top Bottom