• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Glitch rendered two of us unable to spawn. Saw a really nice 1v1

1v1 is REALLY good, lots and lots of versatile offensive and defensive playing.

cyborg009

Banned
I want to ask when being knock away does the character size have any effects? like fat princess weight makes here unable to get knocked back so far or parappa the rapper flatness makes him fly across the screen?

haha you play the ranged game real well. That level 2 of Radec looks pretty awesome too. Reminds me of the coles lvl 2 a bit.

And in other news, cl0ckw0rk sama...why have you forsaken me!?

ngbbs4fe95d3185aea.png

KevinCow

Banned
Motherfuck.

My internet was doing just fine earlier, but now it's shitting the bed. I've been dropped out of the last three games I've played.

I was kicking ass in that last match, too. :(

Sponge

Banned
I got into the Beta a few hours ago, and I've finally started winning some matches a few rounds ago! This game is a lot more challenging than I had assumed. So far I've been having a blast with Parappa.

LuuKyK

I had a blast with the beta yesterday! Will play more really soon.

Oh, and fell free to add me:

LuuKyK / LuuKyK

Angelcurio

Updated list:

6. KevinCow
7. Oyashiro-Sama
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
13.Silent_Ocarina
18.SolidSnake
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
34. Schobeleth
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY・S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey
52. Ryce
53. FinKL
54. Pai Pai Master
55. Sheengrtr
56.GMN
57. nitrowolf2
58.Zen
59.WinFonda
60.mauaus
61.pharmboy044
62.Cyborg009
63.Byronic Hero
64.abrack08
65.rainking187
66. YoungOne
67. Wario64
68. Nightz
69. tucah
70. Catalix
71. KooPaL
72. Takuya.
73. Relix
74. Angelcurio

I just re-added me on this list. I was present in the other thread list, and all of a sudden there is a new list on this thread and i was left out.

Tansut

Currently downloading the beta. Very psyched to play, but I may not actually get a chance to until a little while later tonight.

See you all on there, I'll be Tiberius-800!

Im beginning to agree that Sly can get AP a little too fast. His Super 1 is dirty fast, compared to someone like Fat P's

What do u guys think Kratos as an opponent?

kvothe

not really, i just keep track of who's catching the most supers and thats my target most of the time.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't put it in... Why force the players to keep track of something that would be so easy to display?

SSReborn

I'm positive it's been said before but they NEED to have a score counter on screen at all times.

Not for timed Smash Bros does the exact same thing; in stock you will be able to keep track of who's in the lead. If people could keep track of score in timed then whoever is in the lead would run for the last 20 seconds of the match!

kvothe

After playing it, I disagree. Having a score counter makes people want to gang up on the highest score.

I suppose it could have that effect, but I just find it annoying to have to try to keep track of that stuff, especially if it's a close match. You could think you're winning because perhaps missed someone else getting a kill and lose the match because of it.

kvothe

Not for timed Smash Bros does the exact same thing; in stock you will be able to keep track of who's in the lead. If people could keep track of score in timed then whoever is in the lead would run for the last 20 seconds of the match!

Alright, I suppose I can understand this.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't put it in... Why force the players to keep track of something that would be so easy to display?

I'm pretty sure that they do have a mode that shows you the score at all times. Both will make people take different strategies. You're much more likely to put it all on the line at any point in the match because you don't know if you've got the lead, while the leader is going to be much more likely to runaway in the score mode, and players are going to target the leader a lot more. So, both definitely have their place.

Top Bottom