• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 SOUNDTRACK!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
YES!, dying to hear the full OST.

Thanks OP!

I've only heard the first two tracks so far but it sounds pretty damn good so far. I too miss Jesper Kyd, but in a way its probably good for them to move to a new composer to give things a different feel for a different era (although I'm sure Kyd could have pulled something off equally as good and still different from AC2).

Daft_Cat

Previews sound pretty decent but no Jesper Kyd is a massive disappointment for me. I'm a huge fan of maintaining the key creatives in tact for trilogies. AC3 lost Desilet and Kyd.

Meh.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Escape in Style sounds like Inception. Makes sense since the composer did some music for Inception

iNvid02

"Modern Assassin" eh?

QUIET YOU!

eQCqc.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The best pieces on Revelation's OST were by Balfe so I'm fine with this.

Not to mention he contributed more than Kyd, so if you enjoyed the music in Revelations, there's little to no reason to question the quality of AC3's soundtrack.

Jokab

Whoa the main theme is really really good. I don't recall any of the main themes from the other Ass Creed games (they were very forgettable) but I'm sure this will stick, which obviously is a good thing.

Tigel

All action tracks sounds the same to me... Generic Zimmer-esque noise.
That said, Conner's Life and Fight Club are pretty good. AC II soundtrack still is the best one.

Bladenic

Loving what I'm hearing, though strangely enough I agree that it doesn't sound like Kyd. The OST overall sounds rather different for a AC soundtrack too, imo.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Meh. While I think Jesper Kyd stuff was getting a bit too repetitive, this doesn't sound like Assassin's Creed to me, especially the main theme.

I don't dislike the music. I just think it lacks the specific voice that Kyd brought to it. I have nothing against Balfe, he's a talented composer, but it's definitely somewhat disappointing when you consider the prior works.

Bladenic

The HomeStead theme, oh man so amazing and soothing.

I still think this OST is gonna be great nonetheless. Though is there any reason Jesper Kyd did not compose it?

Top Bottom